TESTERS WANTED! ×

Casual or Tournament Golf?

Reesedw

I can relate to "stress". It's more like self pressure to do well or as well as my avg but not worse. It's not even about what type of golf outing it's just not a casual rounds you play when there's something to prove to yourself and others sometimes your head is not in the optimum place for "zen" golf.

Just recently, my long time golf buddy came for a visit from overseas, my game was 10 strokes better than the last time we played together. I wanted to impress him with my game so bad but ended up playing about 3 strokes worse a side. Some people thrives on the extra pressure but I don't have it in me at the moment:)

I love to compete, one way or another.  I love to play in our inter-club matches, love to play club tournaments, I like the pressure I put on myself to perform.  Even in casual rounds, I prefer to have a bet of some kind, even without an actual wager.  When my wife and I play together, we always keep track of a match, I give her 4 a side, and we break just about even.  I enjoy casual rounds with no bets too, but I prefer to have some kind of competition.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Archived