TESTERS WANTED! ×

In for Review: Alphard eWheels Push Cart Motor

• SPY VIP

Alphard eWheels: Hands Off Your Push Cart

Alphard eCart - 3.jpg

This thing is so potentially cool that I needed to share it with you as soon as possible. I've not even had it on the course yet, that's how fresh these photos are!

If you watched the video above, you know what Alphard is doing with the eWheels cart motor. Basically, you take your existing cart, remove the back wheels, and add the eWheels system to make your cart motorized, and remote controlled.

Alphard eCart - 1.jpg

You replace your read wheels with the mounting brackets. When you get to the course, open the cart, clip on the brackets to the axle, and you are good to go. Here is a look at some of the hardware.

Clicgear 3.5+ mounting brackets

Alphard eCart - 2.jpg

Alphard eCart - 5.jpg

Alphard eCart - 4.jpg

Axles extend and retract for compact transport to course.

Alphard eCart - 6.jpg

Alphard eCart - 7.jpg

I am super pumped to test this little thing out over the next few weeks. I'll have a detailed review on the main blog page soon after. I just wanted to let you see this one a bit early.

Stay tuned!

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

This is pretty sweet, can't wait for your review and information on pricing and actual battery time. This would definitely be awesome for hilly courses.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

Interesting. But I'm skeptical. I've still got a battery powered push style cart sitting out in the garage collecting dust. Had the thing 6 years I'd guess. Aweful.

Until someone comes up with a way to have the cart follow along in a close proximity I'm out. I found that all you do as you're walking along is fiddle with the remote. Very distracting to me.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

• SPY VIP

Interesting. But I'm skeptical. I've still got a battery powered push style cart sitting out in the garage collecting dust. Had the thing 6 years I'd guess. Aweful.

Until someone comes up with a way to have the cart follow along in a close proximity I'm out. I found that all you do as you're walking along is fiddle with the remote. Very distracting to me.

According to the video, there is a follow mode. I'll let you know how it works.

Volvo Intorqueo

... After my double discectomy back surgery in 92 my Ortho told me I could not carry and could not ride in a cart. I bought my first remote cart an absolutely loved it. Problem was, it fell apart. Long story short I had 3 of them and all of them broke down after a season or two. I moved on to powered carts with no remote. 

... After reading reviews and having success with a MottoCaddy S1 I finally bought another remote cart, a Mottocaddy S7. I have had it for 2 years now and absolutely love it. The thing about a remote is once you get used to using one, it is like breathing or walking. You just use it without thinking about it. If you are not trying to do anything fancy, just keeping it in front of you as you move to your next shot, it is almost an unconscious endeavor. The thing I love most is it allows me to keep a good posture with an erect spine and no bending over to push or hold on to the handle. 

... Remote carts are not for everyone I guess, but I would be lost without mine. With time, most people use it as a second nature. I do ride in a cart on hilly courses or in extreme heat, but am always a little sore and my back certainly lets me know I didn't walk and stay loose. But I highly recommend motorized carts for people that play a ton of golf. Of course remote or no remote is a personal decision. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

I have seen this advertised a ton and have been intrigued each time. Looking forward to this thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed." John 20:29

WITB:

Driver:   2017 M2 
3/5 Woods:  2014 Big Bertha 
4/5 Hybrids:  Mashie+ 
Irons:  Apex CF16 6-PW w/Recoil 110
Wedges:  RTX3 MB 48/54/58
Putter:  White Hot Pro #3 w/SS 2.0
Ball: â€‹Z-Star Yellow

According to the video, there is a follow mode. I'll let you know how it works.

I can't see the video you posted. Just photos.  nor could I find video on their site.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

... After my double discectomy back surgery in 92 my Ortho told me I could not carry and could not ride in a cart. I bought my first remote cart an absolutely loved it. Problem was, it fell apart. Long story short I had 3 of them and all of them broke down after a season or two. I moved on to powered carts with no remote. 

... After reading reviews and having success with a MottoCaddy S1 I finally bought another remote cart, a Mottocaddy S7. I have had it for 2 years now and absolutely love it. The thing about a remote is once you get used to using one, it is like breathing or walking. You just use it without thinking about it. If you are not trying to do anything fancy, just keeping it in front of you as you move to your next shot, it is almost an unconscious endeavor. The thing I love most is it allows me to keep a good posture with an erect spine and no bending over to push or hold on to the handle. 

... Remote carts are not for everyone I guess, but I would be lost without mine. With time, most people use it as a second nature. I do ride in a cart on hilly courses or in extreme heat, but am always a little sore and my back certainly lets me know I didn't walk and stay loose. But I highly recommend motorized carts for people that play a ton of golf. Of course remote or no remote is a personal decision. 

Didn't we have this discussion before? Now that I've looked at the S7 again I think we have. I wonder if it's related to my BatCaddy just a new name?. They look very similar. My Batcaddy didn't secure the bottom end of the bag well so I was always fighting it left and right. Older reviews of the Batcaddy weren't all the friendly either. That's why I'm thinking they changed names.

But, if your S7 works well for you that's all that matters isn't it.

... The thing I found with remote carts (everything really to some degree) is you get what you pay for. A reliable motor-drive system-electronic remote cart isn't cheap. The S7 cost $1599 but it is well worth it if you play a lot of golf. I probably would not trust any remote cart under $1k. BatCaddy got some bad reviews but of course I already had experience with less expensive remote carts so I bought the S1 to see how reliable Mottocaddy's really are. I had a Sun Mountain Dynamis, CaddyBug and can't even remember the name of the other remote cart company that went belly up. 

... I play my best golf walking the course and it also is good for my health ann as stated necessary for my problematic back. When I first went to a non remote cart, I kept reaching in my back pocket after every shot LOL. It had become so engrained as a part of my routine without thinking about it and it took me a full year to stop doing it. When I visited my son in LA nice last year I drove from Chicago taking 3 days to get there mostly because I wanted to bring my Mottocaddy S7 with me. I am gonna spend the big bucks next time around and buy a Navigator Gyro Quad. I demoed one at the show and it was so smooth and worked great but $2200 is a big chunk of change.

https://bagboycompany.com/navigator-quad-electric-cart.html

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

This is interesting. Wondering how well it works and if it can last a while without breaking down.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Would love to use this if it works. Follow mode would be super cool!

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

• SPY VIP

They just launched on Kickstarter and there are some early bird pricing deals.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/647458469/ewheels-motorized-electric-golf-caddie?ref=nav_search

Volvo Intorqueo

• 2 weeks later...

I think its pretty nice idea, but you still need a compatible trolley... If you buy them both there are options that cost the same and are proven allready... Still, love the idea ;)

Driver:           :PXG:0811 XF GEN4 10,5 Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Blue 60 regular shaft.

Hybrids:        :cobra-small:  FLY-Z 3/4/5 , VLCT ALTUS R-flex 75gr. shaft.

Irons:             :cobra-small:  Speedzone One Length Irons 5-GW - KBS Tour 90 Regular shaft.

Wedges:        ST8TS Tour T Wedges 52-56-60 + 1,5cm KBS regular shaft.

Putter:            MLA Tour XDream 'Black Edition' Superstroke 3.0 slim (standard 34")

Ball's:             :honma: D1 and TW-X for the moment till i can find a better deal 😉

Rangefinder:  Garmin Fenix 6X Pro, ZIYOUHU Chinese laser, Garmin Approach X40., SwingU app.

Privileged to been testing the MLA Tour XDream BLACK EDITION SuperStroke 3.0 slim AND SwingU app for MyGolfSpy!

• SPY VIP

Fixed it for Dave - Must use youtube embed code on forums now

not sure that fixed it. Now I see nothing...

Volvo Intorqueo

not sure that fixed it. Now I see nothing...

It now shows up on the mobile platform for android. It didn't show earlier for me until after the change was made.

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

I just watched your vid dave. Nice job.

Posted an on course video :)

That is cool. If I was still living in CT I would definitely look hard and long at this unit.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Is it able to follow also?

Driver:           :PXG:0811 XF GEN4 10,5 Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Blue 60 regular shaft.

Hybrids:        :cobra-small:  FLY-Z 3/4/5 , VLCT ALTUS R-flex 75gr. shaft.

Irons:             :cobra-small:  Speedzone One Length Irons 5-GW - KBS Tour 90 Regular shaft.

Wedges:        ST8TS Tour T Wedges 52-56-60 + 1,5cm KBS regular shaft.

Putter:            MLA Tour XDream 'Black Edition' Superstroke 3.0 slim (standard 34")

Ball's:             :honma: D1 and TW-X for the moment till i can find a better deal 😉

Rangefinder:  Garmin Fenix 6X Pro, ZIYOUHU Chinese laser, Garmin Approach X40., SwingU app.

Privileged to been testing the MLA Tour XDream BLACK EDITION SuperStroke 3.0 slim AND SwingU app for MyGolfSpy!

I have seen this posted on Facebook and other places, seems pretty interesting, I've got a click gear 3.5 in the garage, might have to give it a try.

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

• 3 months later...

Purchased one during the launch of the product.  The production has had a few hiccups for fixing reliability issues but they are apparently getting them out for shipping soon.  Let you know how it goes if I get mine before the snow flies in the great white north...

• 5 months later...

Got mine about a month and a half ago. Used on for about 7 rounds. Originally purchased it on Kickstarter for a Bagboy Quad. They sent me the brackets for that specific cart. Only set up was taking the wheels off. Played with it for about 4 rounds with the Quad cart and it didn't turn very well. the turning response was not very good due to the two static front wheels.

Saw the eWheel at the local golf shop on a Rovic cart with a swivelling front wheel. Bought that cart and another set of brackets for the new cart. It's worked great on the course with the new cart and it's been great. 

Took a while to get used to using the remote and paying attention to the cart but it's been great the last couple of rounds. Makes the walk a lot better and not having to push the cart up hills has been great.

Was scared it would not last for a full round as the lights that tell you how much power you have left goes down really quickly. But I've had no problems with it lasting a full round. 

Driver: Ping G400 Max

Woods: 2016 TaylorMade M2

Hybrids: 2017 TaylorMade M2 - 3 & 4

Irons: 2017 TaylorMade M2 - PW -5i

Wedges: 56 - TaylorMade, 52 - Titleist - SM6 F-Grind, 50 - Cleveland RTX

• 3 weeks later...

Bought a QOD electric last month, but nothing but snow here since then.  :mad:

I picked the QOD after talking to guys that hated fiddling with the remotes. This one you use your hands like a push cart to steer it, but it's electric. Don't know yet if I'll regret that or not, but we'll see!

:callaway-small: GBB Epic 10.5&deg - Recoil ES 450 regular

:callaway-small: mini 1.5 14° - Recoil ES 450 regular

:callaway-small: XR OS 16 Hybrid (3-5) - Fubuki AT 55/60 regular shafts

:callaway-small: Apex (6-PW) - Recoil 65 F3 regular shafts 1°flat

:callaway-small: MD4 Tour Chrome wedges (50W/54S/58C) - S200 1°flat

:scotty-small: Futura X 34" - Superstroke Slim 3.0

• 2 months later...

Great device on my clic gear 3.5. If you don't have a push cart and are hoping to get the ewheels, I suggest the rovic cart with the swivel front wheel. The static front wheel still works great on grass. Don't try it on a hard surface. I like the flexibility of the low speed and walking with it. I play over 100 rounds per year so this device is awesome. I feel so much more refreshed after my round. Truly feels like you have a caddy. Charges quickly and you can easily get 27 holes per charge. Travels easily as well. Assembly was very straightforward as well. Hoping battery last 5 years plus.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

My interest is piqued again. I went back and read the review, videos and comments. I see they are available again this August if you plop down $25 for a reservation. (applied to purchase) The site says they retail for $599.99. Glad they're not $600 or It'd be out of my reach. I don't think I'll buy one at this time since I'd have to buy a new cart too. Seems to me you'd be better off if your cart has a swivel front wheel which my SM cart does not. Guess I'm not interested enough to buy both right now. I'm also curious how much replacement batteries cost. And... they will need replacement. Currently I don't see batteries offered for sale on their site but the warranty is 2 years including the batteries. So, I guess they figure (hope) they'll last 24 months. Hmmm?

There are a few of these popping up around my course. The older guys (late 60s upwards) are using them and swear by them.

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

• 1 year later...

Alphard eWheels: Hands Off Your Push Cart

@golfspy_dave .. are you still using this?

If yes .. what are the most useful features and how has the durability been, including the battery?

Has it rolled and maneuvered as expected on all different types of courses, turf conditions and terrains?

If no .. what detracted from its utility? Also, does the battery hold less charge after a number of uses/recharges?

Thx!!!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg