Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Best Putter Grip?

I am selling my SeeMore FGP for a Ketsch Mid.  Just time for a change.

I was looking, but did not see a "best putter grip" comparison.  I currently have a Golf Pride SNSR -S- 104 cc on the SeeMore and really like it, but wonder if there's a consensus best.  

I don't like the fat grips.

:ping-small:G410 plus driver,:taylormade-small:Aeroburner 3W, :cobra-small:F6 Baffler 
:callaway-small:XR 4, 5 hybrids
:titleist-small:2021 T300 6 - GW, SW irons
:callaway-small: Mack Daddy CB 58/12 wedge
Axis1 Rose putter

Alternates: Srixon ZX4 MKII irons

Nope,  there is no consensus.  Everyone has their own opinions on what is the best grip.  If you like the SNSR grip then you should probably continue to use that grip.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I've been using super stroke for the last few seasons. I originally had the fat 3.0 but now I'm in the pistol slim with the counter weight.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

<p>Knoxville, TN 8 Hdcp PXG 0811  10.59deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Titleist 2i rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, OdysseyRed 2Ball Fang with 1.0 super stroke</p>

But no there isn't a consensus and the SNSR are good. I like the square style of the SS because I used to run my thumbs down the edges

<p>Knoxville, TN 8 Hdcp PXG 0811  10.59deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Titleist 2i rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, OdysseyRed 2Ball Fang with 1.0 super stroke</p>

I recommend just going somewhere and testing as many as you can until you find something that feels good in your hands. However, I'd stick with the SNSR if it's working for ya.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

I am selling my SeeMore FGP for a Ketsch Mid.  Just time for a change.

I was looking, but did not see a "best putter grip" comparison.  I currently have a Golf Pride SNSR -S- 104 cc on the SeeMore and really like it, but wonder if there's a consensus best.  

I don't like the fat grips.

Maybe you should consider a P2 grip:

P2-grip-TM-putter.jpg

they have a range of different shapes and weights,

and the idea behind the special decentered design seems to work.

I've been using super stroke for the last few seasons. I originally had the fat 3.0 but now I'm in the pistol slim with the counter weight.

How do you like the Pistol with Counter Weight?  Is it too thick?

:ping-small:G410 plus driver,:taylormade-small:Aeroburner 3W, :cobra-small:F6 Baffler 
Axis1 Rose putter

... I have told this story here but my Bobby Grace 6330 was stolen in LA last spring. I have used an 8802 style putter my whole golfing life and took the original speed step shaft and leather grip off my original 8802 and used it on several putters since, including my 6330. 

... Thankfully Bobby Grace found a used 6330 this winter and I bought it immediately. Since I was kinda starting over, I decided to try the mid and oversize grips. My son absolutely loves his Super Stroke mid size 2.0 putter grip. I tried the Super Stroke Mid and Mid Slim as well as the Rosemark 1.52 and I have to admit they felt good in my hands. But I lose the feel of the putter head when actually putting so I went back to a pistol leather grip from Best Grips. I love the very tacky texture and the size is perfect for my stye of putting. I know many have found success with the larger grips that take their hands out of the stroke but all my feel comes thru my hands so they just don't work for me. 

https://bestgrips.com/collections/putter-grips/products/microperf-putter-grip

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

I have the same grip as you and love it, but some people prefer thick grips. It all depends on the person.

Titleist TS3 9.5* w/Accra TZ5 65 X-Stiff
Titleist TS3 15* w/Fujikura Ventus 7X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 20* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 23* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Titleist 718 CB 5 iron w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist 718 MB 6-PW w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist SM7 Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Bettinardi Queen B 10 34.5"
Titleist Pro V1 or Snell MTB-X

The jury is still out for me.  I haven't had a lot of putters and I only used the grips that came with them.  When the SuperStrokes came out and everyone was jumping on their bandwagon, I tried a slightly fatter grip and while it felt good, I have to agree with @chisag; I seemed to have lost feeling in my putts.  I never had an issue with being overly handsy, so I went back to the old standard size grips.  Personally, I think I could get used to just about any grip given enough time with it, but as long as the grip I have works, why change it.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I recently switched to a GP SNSR 140 pistol profile. Really liking it too. Still putt good. No change better or worse.

Before that I used a Super Stroke and before that a Tiger Shark.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

How do you like the Pistol with Counter Weight? Is it too thick?

It's the 1.0 so their slim model. I certainly don't think it's too thick but it's about your preference of course. I like a thicker grip and didn't hate the 3.0 fatso just made a change. If you are coming out of the old school Ping or Cameron rubber grips then it's probably too thick lol.

I like a lot of weight tho. I'm using a spider

I played the forward golf grip for a bit and it was good but I felt like I lost a lot of feel with it and I'm a feel putter. I currently have the SNSR 104 and I love it.

What's in the bag::

Driver: Ping G 9.0 set -1

Fairway: Adams Tight Lies Titanium 3 wood

Hybrid: Ping G 19*

Irons: Taylormade RSI 2 4-PW

Taylormade UDI 2

Wedge: Edel 50

Edel 56

Edel 60--currently not in the bag

Putter: Betintardi BB1F

Going to try the Boccieri "secret grip" on my new putter.

I think I have a full set of Secret Grips for irons if you're interested. Just saying...  ;)

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I decided to try the Rosemark Thorn 1.25.  I hope this doesn't turn out to be a grave mistake.

... I have a couple 1.25's and like the much better than the 1.52. I have one with nubs and one without. Great grips. My playing pard just switched from a SS Mid 2.0 to a Rosemark 1.52 and so far he is very happy with it. 

... I have a couple 1.25's and like the much better than the 1.52. I have one with nubs and one without. Great grips. 

Glad to hear!  I did not know they had versions without the nubs.

Axis1 Rose putter

... The original 1.25 didn't have nubs. When I tried to get some for a review they were out. But they restocked them later and personally, I like the original better. Rosemark claims something like 80% prefer the nubs. 

​http://www.rosemarkgrips.com/grips/rosemark-grips-original-black-1-25-std-5907.html

I have the winn fat one on my putter. I'm thinking about a fast super stroke, but my putting has been the best part this season, so I'm not going to do it right now.

Sent from my SM-G935P using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

There are two grips that I have loved. I have a SuperStroke Fatso 5.0 on my current club. It's huge, and I thought I would hate it at first, but I love it. The second is the Scotty Cameron Pistolero. I don't know if they make them anymore, but it was an awesome grip that never caught on. Might be able to find one on Ebay though.

• 4 weeks later...

Its definitely not for everyone but I put a Flat Cat on my SeeMore FGP and really like it. It does't affect the arc of my stroke but has helped me to keep my wrists out of the putting stroke. I love the small pistol grips like Ping put onthe older putters but I would be very streaky with them. It does seem like the Flat Cat may not hold up that well to abuse from the bag but I am keeping my fingers crossed. It's already dirty after only a month and looks like it might be easy to slice or nick. Hopefully by the time mine wears out they have something a little less hideous looking color wise.  :D

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

• 6 months later...

I have a flat cat grip  in the check out basket to replace my stock grip on my Bettinardi Queen B #9.  I use the claw grip and have heard the cat is awesome for this soooooooo should I splurge?

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I have a flat cat grip in the check out basket to replace my stock grip on my Bettinardi Queen B #9. I use the claw grip and have heard the cat is awesome for this soooooooo should I splurge?

You're asking a group of addicts. Bruh, you already know the answer.

I've seen a few spies recently that found success with the Flat Cat so I'm sure that'll work out just fine for you and Betty.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

You're asking a group of addicts. Bruh, you already know the answer.

I've seen a few spies recently that found success with the Flat Cat so I'm sure that'll work out just fine for you and Betty.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

My buddy who works at DGS said it would work perfect for my putting style so yea, that puppy might be on my to do list. 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

What FC grip are you going for Ole Gray. I love mine and recommend them, but I also use it in traditional style, I assume you'd be putting it on Rose style?

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)