Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

Best Putter Grip?

I was just going through my local Dick's when I saw they had one Superstroke Flatso 1.0 with the counter weight for $9. So I grabbed it just for a try. Best putter grip I have had in years

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

I was just going through my local Dick's when I saw they had one Superstroke Flatso 1.0 with the counter weight for $9. So I grabbed it just for a try. Best putter grip I have had in years

I've been testing something out on my putter and I think I should get the counter weight for my SS

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• 2 years later...

Have the SS Fatso on two putters. Definite improvement over the pistol grip style putters in both putting line and distance control. 

IMO the only downside is the size of those things and how they fit into golf bags. I have a Sun Mountain C130 cart bag and it has a nice dedicated sleeve for the putter, but the non-tapered bottom of the SS Fatso was catching on the top rim whenever I needed to use the putter. I fixed it by getting a length of PVC tubing for built-in vacuum systems, cutting that to length and inserting it into the putter sleeve. Problem solved. Putter now slides easily in an out - even with that fat grip.

Have the SS Fatso on two putters. Definite improvement over the pistol grip style putters in both putting line and distance control. 

IMO the only downside is the size of those things and how they fit into golf bags. I have a Sun Mountain C130 cart bag and it has a nice dedicated sleeve for the putter, but the non-tapered bottom of the SS Fatso was catching on the top rim whenever I needed to use the putter. I fixed it by getting a length of PVC tubing for built-in vacuum systems, cutting that to length and inserting it into the putter sleeve. Problem solved. Putter now slides easily in an out - even with that fat grip.

Bestgrips Leather is my favorite of all time.

Ping G430 Driver, 19° Hybrid, Ping Anser 23° Hybrid, Mizuno 923 Hot Metal 6-GW, Ping 54°&58° Glides, Scotty Cameron 5.5

Bestgrips Leather is my favorite of all time.

Ping G430 Driver, 19° Hybrid, Ping Anser 23° Hybrid, Mizuno 923 Hot Metal 6-GW, Ping 54°&58° Glides, Scotty Cameron 5.5

On 6/4/2017 at 8:38 PM, Dr Strangelove said:

I am selling my SeeMore FGP for a Ketsch Mid.  Just time for a change.

I was looking, but did not see a "best putter grip" comparison.  I currently have a Golf Pride SNSR -S- 104 cc on the SeeMore and really like it, but wonder if there's a consensus best.  

I don't like the fat grips.

I just put a Flat Cat pistol grip on my putter and really like it. Have used a majority of different grips in the past and you just need to find one that feels right for you. Good luck

Driver-Honma TW747

3 wood-Tour Edge CBX 119

Irons Tour Edge EXS

Putter-SeeMore SB 20 Offset shaft

Personally I'm a fan of  firmer rubber pistol grips.  I LOVE the Scotty Cameron Pistolero I've been using.  It fits my hand well.  I also like the GP SNSR pistol (104cc size).  The superstroke and other polyurethane style grips all feel slippery and squishy to me, although I also don't think I tried a proper pistol style of one of those either.

Putter grips are so personal depending on your grip and what you like to feel.  I think you'll always have some people saying one is great and others saying it sucks.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Personally I'm a fan of  firmer rubber pistol grips.  I LOVE the Scotty Cameron Pistolero I've been using.  It fits my hand well.  I also like the GP SNSR pistol (104cc size).  The superstroke and other polyurethane style grips all feel slippery and squishy to me, although I also don't think I tried a proper pistol style of one of those either.
Putter grips are so personal depending on your grip and what you like to feel.  I think you'll always have some people saying one is great and others saying it sucks.

Lamkin sink fit has a nice pistol feel and it’s just large enough. I’d love to try that pistolero. You’re not the only person I’ve heard who loves it.
  • Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P, follow along!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

6 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Lamkin sink fit has a nice pistol feel and it’s just large enough. I’d love to try that pistolero. You’re not the only person I’ve heard who loves it.

... I love my Sink Fit Skinny grip as I putt purely by feel. For most, the thinner the grip the more feel you have. The thicker the grip, the less feel but much better at stopping your wrists from breaking down during the stroke. And of course something in-between to provide the best of both worlds. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

14 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Yeah, I just really like the exagerated bump on the pistolero.  it locks my left hand in place well, but its not oversized for the right hand.  It might have something to do with me being left handed (but golfing right handed) so when putting I get a lot of feel from my left and the pistolero's shape just locks me in.  

In reality its a simple grip really.  Basic smooth rubber overall just nothing quite like its shape on the market.  I need to try the Iomic I-Classic Putter MID, which I've read is close.  Otherwise I'm considering having my fitter put a pistolero on the ER2B I've be testing out (surprisingly they only charge $25 for the grip installed)... but something feels weird to me about having a Scotty Cameron grip on an Evnroll putter. 🤷‍♂️

I want to get some putts in with the SNSR Pistol 104.  I liked that one just picking it up, a little thicker than a pistolero, but felt good in my hands.  It just wasn't on a putter and I want to feel it swinging.  

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Really underrated and quality putter grips is the PURE Oversize.  Even though it is called oversize it is still smaller than most of the Super Stroke grips.

:ping-small: G400 Driver 10.5* Mitsubishi Tensei Blue CK Pro 60 Stiff

:ping-small: G400 Fwy 16.5* Mitsubishi Tensei Blue CK Pro 70 Stiff

:titelist-small: 818 H1 Hybrids 20* & 24* Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 80 Stiff

:titelist-small: TMB Irons 5 - 9 Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 Tour 105 Stiff

:titelist-small: Volkey SM-7 Wedges Black 50* & 54*

:callaway-small: Mack Daddy PM Grind Black 60*

:cameron-small: Select Newport 34"

I just put a Salty cork grip on my gamer... LOVE the shape and feel... Round grip with a flat top.  The mid size fits my hands perfectly, and promotes the ideal amount of tension for my stroke.  Putting it on the club is a little more invovled than a wrap of tape and squirt of solvent, but it is well worth the effort.

https://saltygrips.com/

My 3 favorite:

Rosemark NEO (w/o nubs), either 1.25  or 1.52. Great shape that fits my hands perfectly.

Lamkin Sink Fit Pistol

New Scotty Pistolero that comes on the Phantom X putters (similar to the original Pistolero but with slightly less taper at the bottom)

:taylormade-small: SIM 10.5 | Fuji Speeder Evolution 661 X

:callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro 15* 3 Wood | Aldila Tour Green 75x

:taylormade-small: GAPR Mid 18* (turned to 17*) | HZRDUS Black 85 6.0

:callaway-small: Apex Cf16 4 iron | KBS C-Taper 120s

:callaway-small:2019 Apex Pro (5-PW) | KBS $-Taper 130x

:cleveland-small: RTX4 50* | KBS 610 S+

:vokey-small: 54* and 58*

:bettinardi-1: BB56 | BGT Stability Shaft

I've been putting around with the ER2B since getting it back in the mail.  I had them put on the 100g Rubber Pistol over the gravity grip since I prefer rubber grips.

Compared to the Pistolero its not nearly as pronounced up top but its also a bit wider in the hands.  It still seems to work pretty well for me although  I think I'd prefer it to be smooth like the Pistolero versus having the EVNROLL logo as adding texture to it.  

IMG_9381.thumb.jpg.05b03ce201f29c3aa03a10b1890126d2.jpg

Instead of starting a new thread I thought I would just ask here. Does anybody have any experience with the Lamkin Deep V putter grip? I put a superstroke traxion grip on my flow neck x5 and the feel is just weird in my hands. I don't know if it is fake or what but it doesn't feel like I remember from last year. Seen these when I googled pistol putter grips and can't find much for reviews on them.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

Instead of starting a new thread I thought I would just ask here. Does anybody have any experience with the Lamkin Deep V putter grip? I put a superstroke traxion grip on my flow neck x5 and the feel is just weird in my hands. I don't know if it is fake or what but it doesn't feel like I remember from last year. Seen these when I googled pistol putter grips and can't find much for reviews on them.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Not sure about the Deep V but I've been playing the sink-fit blue pistol that replaced a superstroke flatso 3.0. I love the Lamkin! It's a tad heavier and just seems to be a perfect fit for my hefty Cleveland HB#11. The feel is "stout" for a putter grip and I like that. The superstroke was too spongy for my liking.

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

15 minutes ago, azstu324 said:

Not sure about the Deep V but I've been playing the sink-fit blue pistol that replaced a superstroke flatso 3.0. I love the Lamkin! It's a tad heavier and just seems to be a perfect fit for my hefty Cleveland HB#11. The feel is "stout" for a putter grip and I like that. The superstroke was too spongy for my liking.

Are you using the rubber or poly sink fit?

Are you using the rubber or poly sink fit?
Rubber..
This guy

Screenshot_20200423-192637~2.jpeg

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

Rubber..
This guy

2092874328_Screenshot_20200423-1926372.jpeg.61b2285bb34e66caf5a8e4cf22e92afa.jpeg

That’s one I’d like to get my hands on at some point. 120g would be just fine for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 years later...

I currently have a P2 pistol style grip on my putter and I love it bc it helps align my top hand.

"It's only rock and roll...but I like it." - Mick Jagger

"It is not the will to win that matters-Everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters." - Paul "Bear" Bryant

"If anything is worth doing, it is worth doing with all your heart." - the Buddha

What's in the bag:

Driver Taylormade R15, 3W Callaway RazrFit Extreme, 5W - Cobra Fly Z XL, Heat II Single Length Irons 4-AW, SW, LW

What's on my feet: Squarz/Under Armour Charged Draw 2

Bag Boy Quad XL Push Cart w/Bag Boy CB15 bag

Where I play:  Baja Country Club - Ensenada, Baja Califorinia, Mexico/Bajamar Oceanfront Golf Resort, Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico

• 1 month later...

I'm a big fan of how the LAB putter grips have the build in press. So if anyone hasn't deen them please go check them out.

Garsen putter grips scored pretty will in our member testing and many quite liked the MAX and Ultimate.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I'm a big fan of how the LAB putter grips have the build in press. So if anyone hasn't deen them please go check them out.

Garsen putter grips scored pretty will in our member testing and many quite liked the MAX and Ultimate.

FWIW, I read somewhere (maybe MGS but cannot find it) that pistol grips exaggerate an arc style and are best for straight putters, and that no taper grips are best for arc style putters.  

I have an arc, and because I am such an impressionable MGS fanboy (aka believer in the MGS process and test results), I am trying the no taper Garsen Max grip.  So far so good.  I only have one round in but putting was improved over my old grip, and it definitely did eliminate pushes and pulls by taking my wrists out of the stroke even while improving distance control.

Working at getting better ... and very slowly getting there.

•  :callaway-small: Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 8* (UST Mimaya MP5 40-L Otto-Phlex)
  •  :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 & 5 Woods (:Fuji: MotoreX F1 7-S)
  • :callaway-small: Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrid (:Fuji: MotoreX HB 7-S)
  •  :Miura: CB-57 4-P or Maltby TS3 (4-8)/TS4 (9-PW)/TS1 (GW) (shafts:  :projectx: LZ 6.0)
  • :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore 53*, and 58* mid wedges (KBS High Rev 125)
  • :scotty-small: Special Select Fastback 1.5
  • :redrooster: Gloves
  •  :maxfli: Tour X Balls

Don't count my clubs!  Ha.  The 4 iron, 5 hybrid, and 53* Cleveland are in and out of the bag depending on mood, course, and moon phase.

My Official Red Rooster Sussex Glove Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/58614-2023-mgs-forum-member-test-red-rooster-sussex-golf-glove/#comment-911042

I am a big fan of the Ping Blackout (standard size...think it's the PP58 model). It love the ability to feel when I have a bad impact. It really forces me to keep my head and shoulders still because I don't just see a bad putt, but I also feel it. That said, I think I am still in single digits on 3 putts over the last month as the combination with my Sik DW 2.0 putter is just money.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

• Callaway Epic Flash Tour Certified - 8.5° with MCA Tensei Raw AV White 70 Gram Tour X - Tipped 1" - Set to -1 / N
  • Titleist 917F3 3W (13.5°) with MCA Tensei White AV 80X stiff shaft - D1 setting
  • Titleist TS2 Hybrid (18°) with MCA Tensei White AV 80X shaft - A1 setting
  • Mizuno Pro 223 Irons (2* upright) - 4-PW - Mitsubishi MMT125TX Shafts (+1")
  • Vokey SM9 Jet Black Raw (50°F10 / 55°F10 / 60°M08) +1/2" / 2° up with DG TI Onyx Black X100 Shafts
  • Lamkin ST Hybrid grips on all (midsize)
  • Sik DW (2.0) C Series Putter in black finish (36") with Sik Golf Black Pistol
  • Balls: Mostly Maxfli Tour or OnCore Vero X1 (both white and yellow)