Dr Strangelove

Best Putter Grip?

Our Sponsors

... The original 1.25 didn't have nubs. When I tried to get some for a review they were out. But they restocked them later and personally, I like the original better. Rosemark claims something like 80% prefer the nubs. 

​http://www.rosemarkgrips.com/grips/rosemark-grips-original-black-1-25-std-5907.html

Driver:   Cobra Speedzone Xtreme 9* ... Atmos TS Blue 6s
Fw wood: Cobra Speedzone 14.5* ... Atmos TS Blue 7s
Utility:   TaylorMade UDi 18*  ... HZRDUS Black 6.0 85 hy
Irons:    4-Gw Titleist T100-S ... Kuro Kage 105 Tini s-flex
              4-pw TaylorMade P760 ... Recoil Prototype 95 r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind /SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Recoil 110s
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5x

I have the winn fat one on my putter. I'm thinking about a fast super stroke, but my putting has been the best part this season, so I'm not going to do it right now.

Sent from my SM-G935P using MyGolfSpy mobile app

There are two grips that I have loved. I have a SuperStroke Fatso 5.0 on my current club. It's huge, and I thought I would hate it at first, but I love it. The second is the Scotty Cameron Pistolero. I don't know if they make them anymore, but it was an awesome grip that never caught on. Might be able to find one on Ebay though.

Its definitely not for everyone but I put a Flat Cat on my SeeMore FGP and really like it. It does't affect the arc of my stroke but has helped me to keep my wrists out of the putting stroke. I love the small pistol grips like Ping put onthe older putters but I would be very streaky with them. It does seem like the Flat Cat may not hold up that well to abuse from the bag but I am keeping my fingers crossed. It's already dirty after only a month and looks like it might be easy to slice or nick. Hopefully by the time mine wears out they have something a little less hideous looking color wise.  :D

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

So far, so good with the Rosemark 1.25.  I really like it.

Driver:  :ping-small: G410 Plus, VA Vylyn 75 Four
Woods: :cobra-small:F8 3 wood
Hybrids: :cobra-small:F8 17*, :callaway-small: XR 22*, 25*
Irons: PXG 0211 6 - GW
Wedges::ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 54/14, Zing LW
Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma G Craz-E

Leupold GX-4i3

Penalty Box: :EVNROLL:ER7, :ping-small: G25 irons

I have a flat cat grip  in the check out basket to replace my stock grip on my Bettinardi Queen B #9.  I use the claw grip and have heard the cat is awesome for this soooooooo should I splurge?

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway  XR16 4- Wood
Callaway Steelhead 3 Hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 5 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Tommy Armour Over N Out 58 Degree Lob
Wilson Harmonized Chipper 32 Degrees
Ping  Sigma G Tyne Putter OR Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide

I have a flat cat grip in the check out basket to replace my stock grip on my Bettinardi Queen B #9. I use the claw grip and have heard the cat is awesome for this soooooooo should I splurge?

You're asking a group of addicts. Bruh, you already know the answer.

I've seen a few spies recently that found success with the Flat Cat so I'm sure that'll work out just fine for you and Betty.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+
.......tracked by :Arccos:

:ping-small: G410 Plus: Tensei Orange
:cobra-small: King F7 3/4 FW: Tensei Blue

:cobra-small: King F7 3/4 Hy: Fujikura Pro
:ping-small: i500 5-GW: Modus3 105
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60: KBS Tour 90
:MLA: Tour Classic Black w/ :P2-grips-logo:

You're asking a group of addicts. Bruh, you already know the answer.

I've seen a few spies recently that found success with the Flat Cat so I'm sure that'll work out just fine for you and Betty.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

My buddy who works at DGS said it would work perfect for my putting style so yea, that puppy might be on my to do list. 

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway  XR16 4- Wood
Callaway Steelhead 3 Hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 5 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Tommy Armour Over N Out 58 Degree Lob
Wilson Harmonized Chipper 32 Degrees
Ping  Sigma G Tyne Putter OR Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide

What FC grip are you going for Ole Gray. I love mine and recommend them, but I also use it in traditional style, I assume you'd be putting it on Rose style?

:mizuno-small: ST180, 10.5, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 15*, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:cobra-small: F9 Speedback, 18.5, Hzrdus Yellow 70-S

:ping-small: G710, 4-UW, Blue Dot, Nippon Modus 105-S

:honma: TW-W4, 56*, Nippon Modus 125

:mizuno-small: T20, 61*, Nippon Modus 125

:nickent-small: Pipe

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2019)

I was just going through my local Dick's when I saw they had one Superstroke Flatso 1.0 with the counter weight for $9. So I grabbed it just for a try. Best putter grip I have had in years

In my bag:

Driver: :honma: TR20 460 9.5* Vizard TR20 60X

Wood: :mizuno-small: ST200 TS Dimana D+PLUS Limited Edition 70X

Hybrids: :mizuno-small: CLK 19* Tensei CK Pro Blue 80TX

Irons: :honma: TW 747 Rose Proto 4-PW Modus Tour 120X

Wedges: :honma: TW-W4 52*, 56*, and 60*Modus Tour 125 Wedge 

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

I was just going through my local Dick's when I saw they had one Superstroke Flatso 1.0 with the counter weight for $9. So I grabbed it just for a try. Best putter grip I have had in years

I've been testing something out on my putter and I think I should get the counter weight for my SS

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Have the SS Fatso on two putters. Definite improvement over the pistol grip style putters in both putting line and distance control. 

IMO the only downside is the size of those things and how they fit into golf bags. I have a Sun Mountain C130 cart bag and it has a nice dedicated sleeve for the putter, but the non-tapered bottom of the SS Fatso was catching on the top rim whenever I needed to use the putter. I fixed it by getting a length of PVC tubing for built-in vacuum systems, cutting that to length and inserting it into the putter sleeve. Problem solved. Putter now slides easily in an out - even with that fat grip.

Have the SS Fatso on two putters. Definite improvement over the pistol grip style putters in both putting line and distance control. 

IMO the only downside is the size of those things and how they fit into golf bags. I have a Sun Mountain C130 cart bag and it has a nice dedicated sleeve for the putter, but the non-tapered bottom of the SS Fatso was catching on the top rim whenever I needed to use the putter. I fixed it by getting a length of PVC tubing for built-in vacuum systems, cutting that to length and inserting it into the putter sleeve. Problem solved. Putter now slides easily in an out - even with that fat grip.

Bestgrips Leather is my favorite of all time.

Ping G400 , Titleist 917 3 wood , Ping Anser Hybrids 20,23,27, Wilson Staff MB's 6-PW , Ping Glide Wedges 50,54,58 , Scotty Cameron Newport 3

Bestgrips Leather is my favorite of all time.

Ping G400 , Titleist 917 3 wood , Ping Anser Hybrids 20,23,27, Wilson Staff MB's 6-PW , Ping Glide Wedges 50,54,58 , Scotty Cameron Newport 3

On 6/4/2017 at 8:38 PM, Dr Strangelove said:

I am selling my SeeMore FGP for a Ketsch Mid.  Just time for a change.

I was looking, but did not see a "best putter grip" comparison.  I currently have a Golf Pride SNSR -S- 104 cc on the SeeMore and really like it, but wonder if there's a consensus best.  

I don't like the fat grips.

I just put a Flat Cat pistol grip on my putter and really like it. Have used a majority of different grips in the past and you just need to find one that feels right for you. Good luck

• Like 1

Personally I'm a fan of  firmer rubber pistol grips.  I LOVE the Scotty Cameron Pistolero I've been using.  It fits my hand well.  I also like the GP SNSR pistol (104cc size).  The superstroke and other polyurethane style grips all feel slippery and squishy to me, although I also don't think I tried a proper pistol style of one of those either.

Putter grips are so personal depending on your grip and what you like to feel.  I think you'll always have some people saying one is great and others saying it sucks.

• Like 1

#MGSCOBRA2020 #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 is live!  Follow Along here!

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6X

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S vs :titelist-small: 818 H1 - Tensei Blue 70s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

:Arccos:

#cuetheduckboats

Personally I'm a fan of  firmer rubber pistol grips.  I LOVE the Scotty Cameron Pistolero I've been using.  It fits my hand well.  I also like the GP SNSR pistol (104cc size).  The superstroke and other polyurethane style grips all feel slippery and squishy to me, although I also don't think I tried a proper pistol style of one of those either.
Putter grips are so personal depending on your grip and what you like to feel.  I think you'll always have some people saying one is great and others saying it sucks.

Lamkin sink fit has a nice pistol feel and it’s just large enough. I’d love to try that pistolero. You’re not the only person I’ve heard who loves it.
  • Like 1

• PING G400 LST 8.5 Evenflow Black 65g 6.5
  • PING G 3W HZRDUS Yellow 75g 6.0
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Maltby TS1 4-G Nippon Modus3 120S
  • Maltby TSW 52 Nippon Modus Wedge
  • Maltby TSW 58 Nippon Modus Wedge
  • Bettinardi BB8 Wide 2020
  • Oncore Elixr

Currently testing the Ben Hogan PTx Combo irons https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/38486-2020-official-member-review-ben-hogan-icon-ptx-proicon-combo-irons/

Rochester, NY

4.3 Index

6 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Lamkin sink fit has a nice pistol feel and it’s just large enough. I’d love to try that pistolero. You’re not the only person I’ve heard who loves it.

... I love my Sink Fit Skinny grip as I putt purely by feel. For most, the thinner the grip the more feel you have. The thicker the grip, the less feel but much better at stopping your wrists from breaking down during the stroke. And of course something in-between to provide the best of both worlds. 

• Like 2

Driver:   Cobra Speedzone Xtreme 9* ... Atmos TS Blue 6s
Fw wood: Cobra Speedzone 14.5* ... Atmos TS Blue 7s
Utility:   TaylorMade UDi 18*  ... HZRDUS Black 6.0 85 hy
Irons:    4-Gw Titleist T100-S ... Kuro Kage 105 Tini s-flex
              4-pw TaylorMade P760 ... Recoil Prototype 95 r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind /SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Recoil 110s
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5x