Sign in to follow this  
Zeasy

Epic Driver is pretty #epic

Our Sponsors

Picked up an epic Subzero head over the weekend after reading some comparisons between it and the XR Subzero, my current gamer. While I didn't have enough time to compare the two head to head, with a speeder evolution 2, the numbers were surprising and epic. In the middle of a long needed swing over haul, I wasn't expecting to launch bombs, but the ball speed off the Subzero may be the highest I've ever seen for me.

Not too long after this shot, a 284 carry 166 mph ball speed a few yards from the center line popped up. Needless to say, the ball speed is pretty intriguing. Without a same shaft, head to head comparison, shot dispersion is unknown at the moment, but this is a candidate to beat the XR Subzero out of he bag.

705074A3-8CBD-404E-96D1-DF448CE65D14.jpg

• Like 2

Now that is pretty -

Epic

That response time was epic. Pretty sure you commented before my page reloaded.

That response time was epic. Pretty sure you commented before my page reloaded.

Lol, I can always smell when yer on.

Is that a personal GCQuad?

Something like that.

I hit one at a demo yesterday and agree wholeheartedly.

It was the first time I've ever been on a trackman. Pretty cool stuff - I'm 31 and stopped playing regularly about 10 years ago, with my most recent round (before I officially "came back" last month) being about 6 years ago. Never realized how much better your results could be when your clubs are fit to your swing. I was playing a R-flex this whole time, and found out my average swing speed was 105 yesterday, topping out at 108.

Going to see if a friend of a friend can get me a little deal on one, but it's definitely going in the bag. Tested the M1/M2, and the newest Cobras and the M2 was in the lead before yesterday. I like the sound of the M drivers better, but the feel of the Epic is EPIC, and the results were as well.

Very nice- it's an attractive looking club IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I went from the XR16 SZ to the EPIC SZ and the results have been amazing as well. I played the weight forward in the XR16 but have it in the back of the EPIC and get similar spin but better ball speed with the EPIC SZ, which means more distance and forgiveness, which is a hard combo to beat.

I hit a demo a week or so ago, when I flushed it I saw nothing but bombs!

• Like 1

LOVE my Epic driver.  I tried to resist because I'm not a huge Callaway fan and, frankly, I have hated everything they've launched since the GBB 3 or 4 years ago.  Gave the Epic a shot, though, since I had some close friends bag them and see major results.  Despite the horrific name it's a great driver.