Testers Wanted! AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Game Golf Live

Jay_nick1

Anyone using the game golf live? If so what are your thoughts on in round use and the stats?

Also please add me! John Nichols (Game Golf)

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

WITB: 

TM 2017 M1 440 w/ Aldila Rogue Silver X

TM 2016 M1 15* 3 Wood w/ Aldila Rogue Silver X

TM 2016 M2 4 Rescue Hybrid w/ Aldila Rogue Black S

TM PSi Tours P - 3i (One too many clubs :D ) w/ DG Tour Issue X100

Titleist SM6 60,56,52 w/ DG Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

TM Spider Tour Red

Titleist 14 way bag  :)  :)

I've been using it for about a year now and here are my thoughts. The stats it gives you are very helpful. They do a great job of showing you where your game is lacking and the areas you need to practice more. It's also fun if you have a friend with game golf live, like I do, and you both can compare your numbers and see how the other person plays when they aren't playing with you. It gives you very accurate distances because of the standalone GPS you wear on you belt instead of using your phone GPS. Now, here's the negative part. It can be distracting. It's easy to forget to tag shots, and then you find yourself spending time during your round focusing on adding shots on your phone instead of the round. It also sometimes can get a little buggy. I've seen it tag shots on the wrong hole or just stop working completely and then you end troubleshooting the device on the course and get distracted which really messes with your round. Overall, it's a great device that works well 90% of the time, but there have been instances when I've considered getting rid of it because it cost me a few strokes when I focused on it instead of my golf game. 

Titleist TS3 9.5* w/Accra TZ5 65 X-Stiff
Titleist TS3 15* w/Fujikura Ventus 7X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 20* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 23* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Titleist 718 CB 5 iron w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist 718 MB 6-PW w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist SM7 Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Bettinardi Queen B 10 34.5"
Titleist Pro V1 or Snell MTB-X

I did follow you btw.

Titleist TS3 9.5* w/Accra TZ5 65 X-Stiff
Titleist TS3 15* w/Fujikura Ventus 7X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 20* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 23* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Titleist 718 CB 5 iron w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist 718 MB 6-PW w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist SM7 Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Bettinardi Queen B 10 34.5"
Titleist Pro V1 or Snell MTB-X

I was an early adopter of this technology when it first came out but as with most new technology I found it sorely lacking at the time. After a short honeymoon I sold it. Now days I'm hearing it's been much improved and that's good. However, and as chershey discussed; it's distracting always having to remember to Tag the device. I too also found that I'd have to constantly edit my round which was time consuming and a hassle.

These days I think Accros has a better solution but I'm just not interested anymore in this technology and at this time.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I built the tagging into my preshot routine.  And if I do forget, the device can detect a shot, just unsure which club you used, which I edit my rounds in under 5 minutes/round after.  Way too distracting trying to do it during the round imo.

Once you get a few hundred rounds entered it becomes second nature, lol.

:callaway-small: Paradym 9 degree Driver

:wilson-small: DYNAPWR 3 wood

:callaway-small: Apex 21  PW-4 Iron

:cleveland: CBX 50 degree

:cleveland: CBX 54 degree

:cleveland: CBX2 58 degree

:vokey-small: SM6 62 Degree   

:EVNROLL: ER2 Putter

I have been using it for a couple of years. I like it quite a bit. My favorite feature is the strokes gained analysis. I also like the putting, fairways hit, and greens hit statistics.

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

I'd be curious how GG interprets Strokes Gained.

As far as I know Strokes Gained is the method invented by Peter Sanders. Not Mark Brodie. Brodie just copped it off Sanders.

Look up Shot by Shot dot com. I'd wager to say that GG isn't really performing true Stroke Gained analysis.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I'd be curious how GG interprets Strokes Gained.

As far as I know Strokes Gained is the method invented by Peter Sanders. Not Mark Brodie. Brodie just copped it off Sanders.

Look up Shot by Shot dot com. I'd wager to say that GG isn't really performing true Stroke Gained analysis.

True. Game Golf has developed their own strokes gained system, which, in my opinion, seems to be fairly accurate.

Anyone using the game golf live? If so what are your thoughts on in round use and the stats?

Also please add me! John Nichols (Game Golf)

Are you the one who plays at Bear Creek or the one who hasn't posted any rounds yet?

Are you the one who plays at Bear Creek or the one who hasn't posted any rounds yet?

Bear Creek

WITB: 

TM Spider Tour Red

Thanks for the feedback, I too also had the original game golf when it launched and sold it, I think at the time you had a small about of time to tag and swing. But I could be wrong. I like the numbers the Live produces and the ability to keep up with it on your phone. I have seen a few times where I forgot to tag, have the device somehow recognized my swing and the correct club. I just needed to confirm it. I am currently standing over the ball to tag, then going through my pre-shot routine, that method seems to work for me

WITB: 

TM Spider Tour Red

Bear Creek

Done.

Been using GG for a couple years now (at least). Started with the original version and pre-ordered Live because I liked it so much.

Building the tagging into your pre-shot routine is really the best way to go about using GG IMO. I typically get my yardage, grab a club, stand near the ball, tag, step back, visualize/find my target, step in, and swing. My full pre-shot routine takes 20-30 seconds maybe and I rarely if ever make practice swings.

I typically walk with a push cart and will make edits while walking between holes or waiting for playing partners/group ahead/whatever, but most of the time I don't really need to edit on the course. Most of the time, my phone stays in my pocket or in my cart because I have a Garmin GPS watch and I can pretty much remember all the shots I hit in a given round and make edits after.

On the subject of Strokes Gained, I'm sure GG doesn't do it "right", but the way they've incorporated the idea is very useful for the average golfer. It's a terrific way to monitor progress and identify true potential. I like that you can compare your game to different handicaps as well as scratch golf because it makes it easy to see what's required to go from a 10 to a 5 etc.

My absolute favorite part about GG is that I don't have to have my phone on me at all times and it doesn't drain my phone battery. That's pretty much the #1 &  #2 reasons for not choosing Arccos over GG.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

I've been using it for the past while. I like the shot tracking and being able to see how far my shots went, how long my putts really were etc.

The strokes gained seems slightly off to me, and it's frustrating when it clearly tags in the wrong place.

At the end me of the day I like the info it gives and I'll keep on using it.

Archived