Sign in to follow this  
Apolloshowl

Halifax WIMB 2017

Figured after I did a good clean on the sticks they would good for my first MGS WIMB.

Only carrying 13 clubs right now as I am still figuring out my wedges and whether to potentially throw a 3 iron into the mix.

Anyway here goes!

Driver Cobra Fly Z+ Blue 10.5* xstiff

3 wood Cobra F7 Baffler 15* stiff

5 wood Nike Vapor Fly 19* stiff

Irons 4-GW Ping i Nippon Modus 105 stiff

Wedge Cobra Tour Trusty Rusty 56*

Putter Nike converge SC-12 Counter Balance

IMG_0734.JPGIMG_0737.JPGIMG_0739.JPG

For the first time in a well forever I am really happy with everything in my bag and really enjoy hitting all my clubs....until something newer and more shiny comes along!

• Like 5

I play the same iron...man, I love them

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Nice setup, how's Cobra working out for ya? I'm currently thinking about new driver , but then again I'm always on the lookout

• Like 1

Nice setup, how's Cobra working out for ya? I'm currently thinking about new driver , but then again I'm always on the lookout

The driver is working for the most part. Had a bad day with it today, but that's most certainly me not the club. I do have a few others I'm trying out here and there but nothing has unseated it yet!

Update coming soon! Just awaiting a few arrivals. Not so much a complete new bag more of a alternative setup Depending on a few swing changes!

• Like 1

Pictures to come shortly, but a few changes for this season.

Driver: currently between Callaway XR16 and Callaway Epic Sub Zero. Both have had good rounds and still very undecided on what will stay.

3 Wood: Cobra King F7 there to stay!

Hybrid/2 Iron: Titleist TMB 2 Iron and/or depending on course Taylor made burner superfast rescue

4 Iron: Cobra Forged Tec

5-gap: Ping I e1 Staying in for another season!

Wedges: Cobra Trusty Rusty Tour 56,60. Another repeat with additional 60.

Putter: Ping Sigma G Tyne

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Looks good. I like the fact that your clubs face the right direction, too. (And I love Halifax. Used to go every summer.)

Sent from my XT1585 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Thank you! A little easier being a lefty in canada!It's. a great spot and a lot of fantastic courses with a few new ones popping up.

The Ping invasion on my bag has continued with ping glide wedges 54*,58* making there way it.

I love the cobra wedges, but the pings offer a better gap and more forgiving wedges which has helped my short game immensely

As well as a new big stick. Ping g400 standard.

Tested multiple times and the forgiveness is exactly what I need and more.

Last round was a prime example where I shot 3 wood all round and made 20% more fairways and trotted along to a 75 (bogey on the last 3 holes)

No matter what other big stick I had I never had the confidence in making fairways

After 2 on course testing sessions and some time in the bay it was clear the the g400 was the proper fit for me.

Once they have all be cleaned up there will be more pictures to come!

• Like 2

The Ping invasion on my bag has continued with ping glide wedges 54*,58* making there way it.

I love the cobra wedges, but the pings offer a better gap and more forgiving wedges which has helped my short game immensely

As well as a new big stick. Ping g400 standard.

Tested multiple times and the forgiveness is exactly what I need and more.

Last round was a prime example where I shot 3 wood all round and made 20% more fairways and trotted along to a 75 (bogey on the last 3 holes)

No matter what other big stick I had I never had the confidence in making fairways

After 2 on course testing sessions and some time in the bay it was clear the the g400 was the proper fit for me.

Once they have all be cleaned up there will be more pictures to come!

Great pick-ups and totally PA#9 approved!!! :rolleyes:

I really "dig" my new wedge and am waiting for the 54* to show up-hopefully today. It has been a game changer for me and I have supreme confidence with it.

My G400 shoots "frickin' laser beams out of its frickin' head" and has, like you, added a lot of confidence off the tee. Enjoy them all and go-low out there!!!

• Like 1

Finally got around to taking some photos and final revisions for my bag.

Ended up finding a Cobra F7 7 wood to fill the gap between 4 Iron and 3 wood. IMG_20180823_175551.jpgIMG_20180823_175634.jpgIMG_20180823_175639.jpgIMG_20180823_175643.jpgIMG_20180823_175652.jpg

• Like 1

Great bag! Only problem I see is they are all backwards..😁😉

How do you like the Tyne putter?

• Like 1

Great bag! Only problem I see is they are all backwards..

How do you like the Tyne putter?

It has changed my putting forever. Won't lie when I first tried it on the course I really didn't like the sound it made, but the putts started dropping and I got use to it.

Putting is now easily the best part of my game and I can't say enough good things about the Ping Tyne. The grip is also really nice, big but not too big.

Previous to getting into I would say I was a average putter with 2 putting most holes and a 3 putt or more each round. Now Arcoss has my putting a +1.4 averaging 32 putts per round. Had 9 one putts yesterday and a round earlier this season with only 25.

I was really happy to see it (although a slightly different version) do well on the most wanted this season.

• Like 1

Now that I have some time to kill here is a little update to the WIMB and a look a what will likely be replaced over the winter.

Driver: Ping G400 with Project X HZRDOUS Yellow is staying out, although I am going to get some numbers with the Epic Sub Zero.

3 wood: Cobra F7 is not going anywhere and is still my trusty most reliable club.

*New is a Callaway Rogue 5 wood, played 3 rounds with it and has been fantastic. Easy to work and great off the tee and turf. Maybe finally found the perfect club between 4 iron and 3 wood, although more testing with a few different clubs 2 iron, 7 wood and a hybrid over the winter will happen.

Irons: Ping i210 made the cut after testing! May look at i500 4 iron... Maybe.

Wedges: These will be replaced over the winter. Current ping glide 54,58. Looking at the ping stealth wedges to replace them with nipping shafts to match up with the i210.

Putter: second most trusty club with the Ping Sigma G Tyne. No replacing this!
IMG_20181008_102334_234.jpeg

• Like 1

Rather then starting a new thread I figured I'd update a few thoughts on this as there are several different topics I'd like to touch base on.

With my season at work being both super busy and not at all I decided to take on some part time work. I applied at the local golf shop and they thankfully hired me on the spot. I wanted to get more into fittings and club repair and making and they currently only had one main guy doing it all so they were more then happy to bring me aboard. So far it has been a awesome experience and they have been more then willing to work around my curling work schedule. By not busy at all is I am only doing one facility locally where as before I would be doing 2-3. And by super busy I have done more events which means being away for 2-3 weeks at a time which is great, but also the reason why I am down to one curling club.... Anyway I have got my certifications through all the manufacturers for fitting and have regripped more clubs then I can count.

It's also given me the opportunity to try out many new clubs in our bay which has been a ton of fun and learn a lot about that side of the industry.... I can't wait for the summer to hit and to dive more into it all and be able to develop some of those skills and put them to good use!

This is also where my second topic comes in...Which could fit in the What equipment are you thinking about thread. I love the new Ping Sigma 2 Fetch putter. We only have the one right hand in stock, but my goodness it's awesome. When I first saw photos I thought it was kinda gimmicky and just got worth the time to really look at, but after giving it a good few trys and looking at it more closely the thing is gorgeous and feels amazing. I have no need for a new putter, but this very well could be coming to my bag. It is much small then I thought and as I said is just stunning to look at. 

Finally the Ping g410 Crossover... I am very happy with my setup overall and don't expect to see many big changes other then that stupid spot between 4 iron and 3 wood. I think the crossover could be that club and the new 410 again looks the part and much better then previous models... Has anyone tried one? Unfortunately being a lefty we aren't bringing any into the store quite yet and if we do I'll be trying it immediately but even our fit cart doesn't have one. They do however cost a lot! For what is basically a big iron I'd be half tempted to just got i500 for half the price.

Anyway thanks for listening/reading the ramble and when the weather gets a bit nicer there will be some nice photo updated of what is in the bag to start the season!

• Like 2

Update: June 10th, 2019

Have one new wedge coming in as well as two new additions at the top end. Those are both a 4 ping g410 crossover and 2 ping g 410 crossover. 4 iron is to help with a big of forgiveness with longer clubs and the 2 is for gapping/second option off the tee with all the wind we have been having!

IMG_20190609_075508.jpg

IMG_20190609_075524.jpg

IMG_20190609_075635.jpg

IMG_20190609_075646.jpg

IMG_20190609_075654.jpg

IMG_20190609_075702.jpg