TESTERS WANTED! ×

What are you working on?

TSauer

Alignment. Something so simple wrecked my June.

Exhibit A

attachicon.gifIMG_0363.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

This has gotta be my biggest issue, I really need to focus on fixing it. Most of the times when I hit shots that I think are bad, my playing partners say "well, that's where you were aimed."

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This has gotta be my biggest issue, I really need to focus on fixing it. Most of the times when I hit shots that I think are bad, my playing partners say "well, that's where you were aimed."

One thing I started to that really helped was picking a spot 6-12" in front of the ball and setting the club down with the face pointing to that spot. Then take your stance/grip. World of a difference

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

One thing I started to that really helped was picking a spot 6-12" in front of the ball and setting the club down with the face pointing to that spot. Then take your stance/grip. World of a difference

I'm the exact opposite I need something further away and don't use the club face to align myself because my shoulders are to open if I do that. Led me to hitting lots of pulls and blocks last month.

The craziest part is how distance has surpassed last few months- some due to a change in equipment but for example my 8i is averaging 176yds and it's always averaged 164yds. It feels like a better turn back and through.

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

Though I've been playing golf more frequently for the last 2 years, I just recently felt the urge to get at least sort of good at this crazy game. My focus has been on finding a stance at address/ swing that I feel comfortable with. I find that when I feel relaxed at address and relaxed during the swing I can pretty much count on the ball getting more than a few inches off the ground and going somewhere relatively close to where I aimed. My main bad habit (of many)is getting too fast with the hands in the down swing.

just starting to build my set

irons: Adams pro A12 3-pw KBS tour

woods: zenith orbiter 3 and 5

driver: Bombtech Grenade 9* Stiff

wedges: tour edge 56*

Have you ever been playing so well where one aspect feels like it's automatic. I don't know what happened to cause it but ever since I've been married, my putting and driving have been near perfect for me. My putt misses are typically stabs and my driver misses have traditionally been giant snap hooks.

These past two years I feel like I can make anything under 12' and I can't miss fairways.

Which leads me to your question...it's the irons. Always has been...always will be.

I've been trying to focus more on hitting into a general area...imagine you're trying to hit a ball into a giant above ground pool. That's my imagery.

So far...meh...trying to swing the club with my irons rather than steer it into a specific area and I know that's why it's been tough.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Working on getting a little more space to make room for my right arm. Ball flight is draw and pushes. Have been struggling to start the ball left if target line. This is a self assessment based on looking at launch monitor data and my swing path.... everything was in to out swing path starting right even when trying to start the ball left. I could really tell a difference when I made room and was able to hit the fade.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

A very innocuous incident, attempting to catch an Australian Football while relaxing with a few other girls after an exam. Bad timing prior to a Bali holiday, a bit of time off golf, but long term perhaps the best bone to have broken if you had to break one.

Worst part was she got to spend her 17th birthday having surgery. She got to come home and we were able to celebrate (quietly) with friends.

Poor dear I pray she has a full recovery and is back on the course soon.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Working on getting a little more space to make room for my right arm. Ball flight is draw and pushes. Have been struggling to start the ball left if target line. This is a self assessment based on looking at launch monitor data and my swing path.... everything was in to out swing path starting right even when trying to start the ball left. I could really tell a difference when I made room and was able to hit the fade.

The Classic better player's mistake. This could be the story of my entire golfing life. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Doesn't work for everyone. To each their own. I gained a few yards as well when I started making a better turn when I took lessons recently

I'm the exact opposite I need something further away and don't use the club face to align myself because my shoulders are to open if I do that. Led me to hitting lots of pulls and blocks last month.

The craziest part is how distance has surpassed last few months- some due to a change in equipment but for example my 8i is averaging 176yds and it's always averaged 164yds. It feels like a better turn back and through.

Doesn't work for everyone. To each their own. I gained a few yards as well when I started making a better turn when I took lessons recently

#TeamClubfaceAlign

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

My biggest issue as of late has been putting.  I haven't been able to get a feel for anything.  I recently switched to a claw grip when I got to the point of wanting to try anything that may help.  It has actually helped tremendously.  I feel much more confident, but I still need to practice with it a little longer.  Now my driver is getting off a little, so I guess that'll be the next thing I work on. 

In my bag:

Callaway Epic Subzero with Aldila Rogue Max 75 Stiff shaft

Callaway Rogue Subzero with Project X Evenflow 6.0 75g stiff shaft

Callaway Rogue 3 Hybrid with Aldila Synergy 60 HYB stiff shaft

Callaway Apex irons (4-PW) with True Temper XP 95 stiff shafts

Callaway MD3 wedges (50/54/58)

SeeMore Original FGP

Bridgestone Tour B RX

The Classic better player's mistake. This could be the story of my entire golfing life. :)

Seeing my swing path on a launch monitor was just eye opening. Wide open stance trying to swing OTT an club is still coming from the inside and ball starting right. Really proves that saying that feel does not equal real.

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I went to the range today. I haven't touched a club since last Friday for obvious reasons.

The stuff that I put in from last month's lesson was still clearly in place. It was funny because there were just two of us. The one guy had all sorts of contraptions set up to stop him from taking the club back outside the line and then coming over the top.

I was working on the opposite. :). Such is golf

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I went to the range today. I haven't touched a club since last Friday for obvious reasons.

The stuff that I put in from last month's lesson was still clearly in place. It was funny because there were just two of us. The one guy had all sorts of contraptions set up to stop him from taking the club back outside the line and then coming over the top.

I was working on the opposite. :). Such is golf

My friend wants to know what the obvious reason is.

Edit: Sincere apologies. I just remembered Penny.

My friend wants to know what the obvious reason is.

Edit: Sincere apologies. I just remembered Penny.

NP

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

How do you guys practice from like 50-70 yards out? If my wedges were on today I would have shot really well.

I just don't know how to practice it effectively. Just pick a spot on the range that's 60 ish out?

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

How do you guys practice from like 50-70 yards out? If my wedges were on today I would have shot really well.

I just don't know how to practice it effectively. Just pick a spot on the range that's 60 ish out?

I don't practice these shots on the range.  I might hit shots on the range to work on my swing, but not to practice specific yardages.  I only do that on a hole on the course with the balls I use.  There are times during the day when the course is mostly empty, and I find a hole where I know there won't be someone coming for awhile.  I usually use 6-7 balls (because that's what fit in my pockets), drive to the green and pick them up, go back and repeat.  The downside is that I have to fix ball marks when I get done.  Alternatively, I head out to the middle of a par 5, place a target at the range I want, and hit to the target.  Doesn't give you the ball interaction on the green though, but I can hit more balls.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Some but not all courses will have a mini green for these types of shots. You could search around your area for ones with practice areas like that. If not there, stone driving range only places like Top Golf can help you develop the feel.

Although range balls don't fly the same as gamers, they're still close enough that you can develop a good feel for that distance.

I don't practice these shots on the range. I might hit shots on the range to work on my swing, but not to practice specific yardages. I only do that on a hole on the course with the balls I use. There are times during the day when the course is mostly empty, and I find a hole where I know there won't be someone coming for awhile. I usually use 6-7 balls (because that's what fit in my pockets), drive to the green and pick them up, go back and repeat. The downside is that I have to fix ball marks when I get done. Alternatively, I head out to the middle of a par 5, place a target at the range I want, and hit to the target. Doesn't give you the ball interaction on the green though, but I can hit more balls.

Yeah there's one near my house but I don't think they're cool with that.

It has a practice green but I can't get that far away from it. I'll have to figure something out.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

The local muni has a par 3 course that is pretty empty in the summer. It also has a great range with two practice greens on the side that you can pitch to. I have a shag bag with my own balls that I will use there or I hit the par 3 to work yardages.

The range is always an alternative. Something is better than nothing but you have to be aware that weird things will occasionally happen with range balls.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

The local muni has a par 3 course that is pretty empty in the summer. It also has a great range with two practice greens on the side that you can pitch to. I have a shag bag with my own balls that I will use there or I hit the par 3 to work yardages.

The range is always an alternative. Something is better than nothing but you have to be aware that weird things will occasionally happen with range balls.

^^^^^^^^this

Even the crappiest par 3 course will give you amazing practice. Sometimes they're difficult to find because they're mom and pop operations with little internet presence. If you can find one, I highly recommend spending some serious time there to work on that aspect of your game.

IMG_4241.JPG

Pictured: The starter at a par 3 course 40 minutes from me

Inspired by the recent winner of the LPGA us opens, I went to the range and work on my full extension. After a few leftward shots I started stripping the ball beautifully with a 3/4 swing. I definitely feeling old as my back started to bother me a bi.

weight 60% on forward leg and compressing the ball at impact.

penny drill - 

1c 12 in behind of ball

1c 12 in in front of ball

hit the pennies!

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

weight 60% on forward leg and compressing the ball at impact.

penny drill -

1c 12 in behind of ball

1c 12 in in front of ball

hit the pennies!

Someone has been reading the golfwrx tip section.

struggling with a good weight shift and a smooth release....fighting a pull hook right now

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Someone has been reading the golfwrx tip section.

I also got the book for my Kindle!  1.99... 

https://www.amazon.com/Hints-Golf-Illustrated-Horace-Hutchinson-ebook/dp/B00N04Z47W?tag=viglink20328-20

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

Well I'm taking lessons and this past one we actually focused on the driver. We worked on my setup and talked about creating width in the swing both back and through. I can honestly say I've picked up at least 25 yards of carry and a much more consistent ball flight with my driver. Once I can keep my head down more consistently and keep a bit more weight on my left leg on the downswing... I'll certainly be carrying it 280+...no doubt in my mind. So exciting....

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

just curious if anyone caught much of the Scottish open over the weekend and saw Padraig Harrington hit the ball ??

You know that drill where you step through after you hit the ball with your back foot to get 100 percent of your weight on your left side?  

He was doing that.  In a tournament.  For money.  I couldn't believe it when I saw it!  If you haven't seen it yet, check it out - http://www.golfchannel.com/video/shackelford-harringtons-swing-unorthodox-works/

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

Both ranges I practice has markers for 47-65 yards and 3 barrels at 40-55 yards. I usually don't look at where it finish only where it lands.

If a marker is 60 yards and I want to hit 70 yards I just aim right on top of the pin if it land just a pin beyond the pin that's about 10 yards more. This is exactly how I aim on the course as I want to be above the holes and it's easier to aim the top of the flag than the bottom.

Both ranges I practice has markers for 47-65 yards and 3 barrels at 40-55 yards. I usually don't look at where it finish only where it lands.

If a marker is 60 yards and I want to hit 70 yards I just aim right on top of the pin if it land just a pin beyond the pin that's about 10 yards more. This is exactly how I aim on the course as I want to be above the holes and it's easier to aim the top of the flag than the bottom.

Where do you live? Up North that can be a dangerous strategy. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Archived