What are you working on?

TSauer

The local muni has a par 3 course that is pretty empty in the summer. It also has a great range with two practice greens on the side that you can pitch to. I have a shag bag with my own balls that I will use there or I hit the par 3 to work yardages.

The range is always an alternative. Something is better than nothing but you have to be aware that weird things will occasionally happen with range balls.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

^^^^^^^^this

Even the crappiest par 3 course will give you amazing practice. Sometimes they're difficult to find because they're mom and pop operations with little internet presence. If you can find one, I highly recommend spending some serious time there to work on that aspect of your game.

IMG_4241.JPG

Pictured: The starter at a par 3 course 40 minutes from me

• Like 3

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Inspired by the recent winner of the LPGA us opens, I went to the range and work on my full extension. After a few leftward shots I started stripping the ball beautifully with a 3/4 swing. I definitely feeling old as my back started to bother me a bi.

• Like 2

weight 60% on forward leg and compressing the ball at impact.

penny drill - 

1c 12 in behind of ball

1c 12 in in front of ball

hit the pennies!

I got something to say then I'm gonna say it. 

weight 60% on forward leg and compressing the ball at impact.

penny drill -

1c 12 in behind of ball

1c 12 in in front of ball

hit the pennies!

Someone has been reading the golfwrx tip section. [emoji3]

• Like 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :callaway-small: 54-10S   :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter:  :seemore-small: mFGP2

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

struggling with a good weight shift and a smooth release....fighting a pull hook right now

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Well I'm taking lessons and this past one we actually focused on the driver. We worked on my setup and talked about creating width in the swing both back and through. I can honestly say I've picked up at least 25 yards of carry and a much more consistent ball flight with my driver. Once I can keep my head down more consistently and keep a bit more weight on my left leg on the downswing... I'll certainly be carrying it 280+...no doubt in my mind. So exciting....

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

just curious if anyone caught much of the Scottish open over the weekend and saw Padraig Harrington hit the ball ??

You know that drill where you step through after you hit the ball with your back foot to get 100 percent of your weight on your left side?  

He was doing that.  In a tournament.  For money.  I couldn't believe it when I saw it!  If you haven't seen it yet, check it out - http://www.golfchannel.com/video/shackelford-harringtons-swing-unorthodox-works/

How do you guys practice from like 50-70 yards out? If my wedges were on today I would have shot really well.

I just don't know how to practice it effectively. Just pick a spot on the range that's 60 ish out?

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Both ranges I practice has markers for 47-65 yards and 3 barrels at 40-55 yards. I usually don't look at where it finish only where it lands.

If a marker is 60 yards and I want to hit 70 yards I just aim right on top of the pin if it land just a pin beyond the pin that's about 10 yards more. This is exactly how I aim on the course as I want to be above the holes and it's easier to aim the top of the flag than the bottom.

• Like 1

Both ranges I practice has markers for 47-65 yards and 3 barrels at 40-55 yards. I usually don't look at where it finish only where it lands.

If a marker is 60 yards and I want to hit 70 yards I just aim right on top of the pin if it land just a pin beyond the pin that's about 10 yards more. This is exactly how I aim on the course as I want to be above the holes and it's easier to aim the top of the flag than the bottom.

Where do you live? Up North that can be a dangerous strategy. :)

• Like 1

Taylor Made Sim2  10.5 (Opened 1 click) Ventus Blue 5  R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Tour Exotics 3 wood is in the bag because we are allowed 14 clubs.  It's a great club for pulling balls out of the water or from bushes - you never want to put your hand into anything in Florida unless you are absolutely certain that it's safe.  There are rare wind conditions when I might hit it off the tee on a few holes that I play.  

Where do you live? Up North that can be a dangerous strategy. :)

SoCal. I love downhill putts. The more breaks the better. It's like more bang for the buck. :)

Hey, you'd be proud of me. I went for the green in 2 of the par 5 made both. Lip out both eagle putts. One was a force carry elevated green over water. I said to myself what would rev do? And I went for it. I give half the credit :)

• 2 weeks later...

I don't typically read the golf magazine tips because they are so contradictory.  one page it will tell you to do "x" and then 3 pages later it's almost the exact opposite.  I tried teaching myself this way one year and I was so confused standing over the ball I had paralysis by analysis.

However - this one holds water with me because it is based on statistics and facts.

That is something I'm a true believer in.

http://www.golfdigest.com/story/swing-by-numbers-new-study-unlocks-6-swing-secrets

I thought a number of things were very good and the primary thing I'm trying to work on now is my shoulder tilt.  That one really stuck with me because I think I was starting to get pretty level on my shoulder turn down into the ball and was hitting some thin shots.  I'm going to really focus on getting that right shoulder down at impact and see what kind of difference it will make.

• Like 2

• 10 months later...

working on shortening my backswing.  I tried it a bit last night during league play and was pleasantly surprised.  didn't give up much - if any distance - and accuracy/dispersion was much better.

Now if I can only get it ingrained and get over the mental hump that makes me think I need to keep taking it back I'll be set. :lol:

• Like 1

I don't typically read the golf magazine tips because they are so contradictory. one page it will tell you to do "x" and then 3 pages later it's almost the exact opposite. I tried teaching myself this way one year and I was so confused standing over the ball I had paralysis by analysis.

However - this one holds water with me because it is based on statistics and facts.

That is something I'm a true believer in.

http://www.golfdigest.com/story/swing-by-numbers-new-study-unlocks-6-swing-secrets

I thought a number of things were very good and the primary thing I'm trying to work on now is my shoulder tilt. That one really stuck with me because I think I was starting to get pretty level on my shoulder turn down into the ball and was hitting some thin shots. I'm going to really focus on getting that right shoulder down at impact and see what kind of difference it will make.

Interesting article and way of splitting out pros from Joes. Be some good things for people to work on with the help of a coach.

• Like 1

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        :taylormade-small: TP5x

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Interesting article and way of splitting out pros from Joes. Be some good things for people to work on with the help of a coach.

Something I printed out and refer to every once in a while... love how video imaging and analytics are making this game better for average golfers!

• Like 1