TESTERS WANTED! ×

Mizuno MX-300

Dennis

Just got mine recently, 4-GW, Nippon 1050GH, red ferrules :P. They look incredible, feel incredible, and are very workable. Game improvement irons with player's club looks. Rave about these irons here!

Titleist 909D2 | Taylormade r7 Ti | Titleist 909 H 19* | Mizuno MX-300 4-GW - Nippon 1050GH | Vokey SM 56*, 60* | Odyssey Black Series i #9 - UST Frequency Filtered |

Just got mine recently, 4-GW, Nippon 1050GH, red ferrules :P . They look incredible, feel incredible, and are very workable. Game improvement irons with player's club looks. Rave about these irons here!

Yeah, I think they are nice. I hit the stock XP shafts really high, I mean really really high, but they were nice. I'm going to try the Mizuno fitting iron to see which shaft would be suit me with it.

Current bag: Some Callaway, some Cleveland. Down to 2 OEM's!

Dennis, first and foremost, we appreciate you joining MGS. :P

I'm just curious about what improvements do you see in the MX-300 over the MX-200?

Well, I'll chime in on that one too. Those two clubs are quite different, IMHGO. The 300 is quite a bit smaller than the 200. VERY much more appealing to my eye. The 300 is much shorter heel to toe on the 200 as well. I found visually the 200 to be too clunky, for me. The 300 is well designed, from long irons to short irons. Some offset, but not too much. Comparing the 6-iron of the 200, 300 & my 09 Burner, the 300 definitely had the least amount of offset, by a mile.

Yeah, I think they are nice. I hit the stock XP shafts really high, I mean really really high, but they were nice. I'm going to try the Mizuno fitting iron to see which shaft would be suit me with it.

I used the shaft optimizer as well, very cool results for me!! It recommended the Nippon 950GH and TT GS 95. Ended up with the Nippon 1050 for now, may switch if I find it too heavy.

Well, I'll chime in on that one too. Those two clubs are quite different, IMHGO. The 300 is quite a bit smaller than the 200. VERY much more appealing to my eye. The 300 is much shorter heel to toe on the 200 as well. I found visually the 200 to be too clunky, for me. The 300 is well designed, from long irons to short irons. Some offset, but not too much. Comparing the 6-iron of the 200, 300 & my 09 Burner, the 300 definitely had the least amount of offset, by a mile.

@moecat Thanks for the welcome! I've never tried the MX-200s but in terms of aesthetics, golfware is spot on!

Titleist 909D2 | Taylormade r7 Ti | Titleist 909 H 19* | Mizuno MX-300 4-GW - Nippon 1050GH | Vokey SM 56*, 60* | Odyssey Black Series i #9 - UST Frequency Filtered |

I used the shaft optimizer as well, very cool results for me!! It recommended the Nippon 950GH and TT GS 95. Ended up with the Nippon 1050 for now, may switch if I find it too heavy.

@moecat Thanks for the welcome! I've never tried the MX-200s but in terms of aesthetics, golfware is spot on!

Thx! Yeah, the golf course I hit balls at during lunch, Palo Alto Muni, has the fitting cart along with the fitting shaft. I tried the MX300 in the KBS Tour stiff, PX 5.5, PX 6.0 & stock XP. I found the XP to be absolutely the easiest to hit straight, but the flight was by far the highest. The KBS Tour stiff in my the MX300 did NOT feel anything like the KBS Tour stiff's in my 09 Burner. Kinda weird. I have yet again come to the decision that I just don't like PX shafts, as they don't do anything for me.

The MX300 could end up being the iron set that I play this season. These are soooooo easy to hit. The stock shafts do launch the ball a little high, but I have not been able to test them with anything else in them yet. I hope to soon.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

this isn't the first review i have read about the MX300 and I still havn't heard anything bad about them, easy to hit, soft feel and a nice to look at. Mzzy have hit hte jackpot with these!

Mizuno

MP-630 FT Oban devotion 6 X || MP Craft 425 9.5° X-CON 6 X

F60 15° Grafalloy PL RED X || MP Ti 18 ° USt axiv core Black

MP FLI-HI 21° Steelfiber 110i X

MP62 Black Nickel 4-PW KBS Tour 6.5 +3/4'' 2° up

MP T10 RAW Black Satin 52° 56° 60° KBS Tour 6.5 +3/4'' 2° up

C-05 35''

this isn't the first review i have read about the MX300 and I still havn't heard anything bad about them, easy to hit, soft feel and a nice to look at. Mzzy have hit hte jackpot with these!

They really have. I'd still like to try the fitting shaft though. The stock shaft is incredibly easy to hit straight, but I hit it very high. Too high probably. Although that was with my old swing. I'll have to demo them again with my new swing that has me hitting the ball lower. VERY clean look.

They really have. I'd still like to try the fitting shaft though. The stock shaft is incredibly easy to hit straight, but I hit it very high. Too high probably. Although that was with my old swing. I'll have to demo them again with my new swing that has me hitting the ball lower. VERY clean look.

I cannot praise teh shaft optimizing tool enough it really worked for me see the thread below:

http://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/201-mizuno-shaft-optimizer/

good luck

Martin

Mizuno

MP-630 FT Oban devotion 6 X || MP Craft 425 9.5° X-CON 6 X

F60 15° Grafalloy PL RED X || MP Ti 18 ° USt axiv core Black

MP FLI-HI 21° Steelfiber 110i X

MP62 Black Nickel 4-PW KBS Tour 6.5 +3/4'' 2° up

MP T10 RAW Black Satin 52° 56° 60° KBS Tour 6.5 +3/4'' 2° up

C-05 35''

I cannot praise teh shaft optimizing tool enough it really worked for me see the thread below:

http://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/201-mizuno-shaft-optimizer/

good luck

Martin

Thx Martin,

As soon as it's a bit warmer I'm going to get it done at the range I go to. I was all set to try it and it wouldn't reset for the pro that was going to fit me. I was so bummed. I'll definitely check it out though. I just love to get a new fitting, just to see how I'm doing.

For a while I was looking at the MX100's, but after some thought and the recommendations here, the 300's are starting to look pretty good... I am definitely going to have to swing these a few times before I make any decisions, I just hope they aren't too much club for me...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

I'll add to the Mizzy love here. I played all MX-23's for a while, and then moved to a mixed set of 23's and MP-57's. I read so many good things about the 300's that I went and gave them a workout at the golf store. I found them to be very impressive. Feel was good, looks were excellent, and they seemed to be very forgiving. To compare to my clubs, I would say they're at least as forgiving as the 23's, but better looking, and that's a great combo!

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

For a while I was looking at the MX100's, but after some thought and the recommendations here, the 300's are starting to look pretty good... I am definitely going to have to swing these a few times before I make any decisions, I just hope they aren't too much club for me...

I would definitely recommend getting the MX-25 or even the MX-200's. You'd be very happy with those if you really want some Mizzy's.

Man, there's just SOMETHING about these irons that just calls my name!! Everytime I see them on e-bay or in person... they whisper "Hey.. golfware.. over here.". The look is just clean and understated. Wish I didn't hit the stock shaft so bloody high.

You have to wonder why Mizzy puts a high launching shaft in a club destined to be played by fellas looking for a more controllable ball flight. I would love to know the reason

Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Yes, these ARE the business. I keep going back and forth between the MX 300's and the Diablo Forged. One can't loose with either one. Whoa... I was able to hit these with Pro V1's, and these are just SO smooth feeling. Different than the Diablo Forged. More deep sounding "thwuck", if you know what I mean.

Yes, these ARE the business. I keep going back and forth between the MX 300's and the Diablo Forged. One can't loose with either one. Whoa... I was able to hit these with Pro V1's, and these are just SO smooth feeling. Different than the Diablo Forged. More deep sounding "thwuck", if you know what I mean.

My biggest complaint about the Diablo Forged was the sound. That alone might steer me to the Mizzys.

I've had mine for about 10 rounds. NS Pro 950s stiff. I bought them first because of the shafts. I had tennis elbow and needed some relief. I was playing well with them.

I still think the front/"K" grind is the best feature. There aren't that many "players" or small headed irons with that option on the sole grind.

The elbow is getting better now and the shafts have become too light and uncontrollable.I had to go back to my Fourteens and Epons with PX. I'm having Rifle 6.0s spined next week and having those installed.

I've had mine for about 10 rounds. NS Pro 950s stiff. I bought them first because of the shafts. I had tennis elbow and needed some relief. I was playing well with them.

I still think the front/"K" grind is the best feature. There aren't that many "players" or small headed irons with that option on the sole grind.

The elbow is getting better now and the shafts have become too light and uncontrollable.I had to go back to my Fourteens and Epons with PX. I'm having Rifle 6.0s spined next week and having those installed.

More info about how they perform with the other shafts would be great...

I love that deep sound. That's where the Diablos just don't deliver.

Will do. I should have the spined shafts in by Thursday-Friday and will try to put them together over the weekend.

Weekend over..... results??

I wrote the post Monday (2 days ago) over here in SE Asia. Weekend is still 3 days away. :)

Sorry buddy. Its Tuesday night here in the states..

Archived