Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

New Miura Irons 2017

Jiro

I got this in my email inbox and thought I would pass on the pictures to see what you all think. Looks like Miura is coming out with a new iron. Not sure if these are being added to the lineup or replacing the PP9003. The email gave a date of June 20 for release in the US. I think they look pretty good but deviate a little from the classic Miura aesthetics(ignoring the PP9005 which already crossed that line). One interesting thing is the use of the MG logo which usually is not on their US-released equipment. What do you guys think?

miura.jpg

:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls

Those look sweet!!!

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

They look good, but I don't think they showcase what Miura has been known for all these years. 

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

Look clunky to me.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Look clunky to me.

I think you are right, these don't look like they will be in the players end of the line up. Not too bad in a GI context though and better looking than the other new one they have coming out this summer.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls

They look good, but I don't think they showcase what Miura has been known for all these years.

my thought too. They don't look bad necessarily but they don't look like what you think of as a Miura.

Those look great!!! I just don't think I could ever talk the wife into letting me spend that on clubs

Bryan Pool

Ping G20 Driver

Bombtech hybrids

Ping G20 green dot irons/wedges

Cleveland Huntington beach 6 putter 

Too much going on looking at that clubhead. Wonder how it looks at address ? How wide is that sole & how is the sole contoured ? Offset ? Edge grind ? So much to know before making a visual judgement. Then you have to hit them ... see if they FEEL like Miuras of old.

Sent from my XT1650 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

always a fan of a transitional set. Meaning easier to hit iron in the taller end and a wedge like head at the shorter end of the set.

Almost as if each head is made with a purpose.

What I found funny is in the corner of the picture MG (which I assume is Miura Golf) by Miura.

That is akin to saying MGS presented by golf spy.

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg Graphite Design XC 6S GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.

• 2 weeks later...

always a fan of a transitional set. Meaning easier to hit iron in the taller end and a wedge like head at the shorter end of the set.

Almost as if each head is made with a purpose.

What I found funny is in the corner of the picture MG (which I assume is Miura Golf) by Miura.

That is akin to saying MGS presented by golf spy.

The MG stands for Miura Giken, which was traditionally Miura's Japan only product line.  There's some similarity and cross over between the two, which is ironic because I look at these MG CB-2008s as the Japanese market's version of the Miura Passing Point Neo Genesis.  Less flashy, but they're both 2-piece constructions targeting the high end game improvement segment of the marketplace.

Currently Playing:

• Callaway Epic MAX LS
  • TaylorMade SIM2 Titanium
  • Callaway X-Forged Utility
  • Srixon Z765
  • Cleveland RTX4
  • Evnroll ER1.2

Archived