Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Volunteering at Constellation Seniors Players Championshiop

Golfspy_CG2

I know it's a month away and there are a few bigger Majors before this one (like next weeks US Open!!).  But it's being held in my backyard essentially at one of the best Private Clubs in the Country Caves Valley Country Club.  Site of the 2002 US Senior Open.  

I'll be on the Evacuation committee.  Meaning I'll be the guy standing by the SUV's on course in case of a weather delay to drive the players/caddies into the clubhouse.  I did this for the Senior Open there in 2002.   It was a pretty easy assignment, I didn't really have any responsibilities during the round, other than to be on standby.   So i got to watch the action from that hole.  

At that tournament I worked the final day in the afternoon, and after the last group had cleared my hole, they had me bring the SUV into the staging area.  Where they had some players standing by that needed rides to the airport.   So I got to drive Fuzzy Zoeller and his wife, brother and caddie to the airport.  That was a pretty fun drive.  I'll be working on Sunday afternoon again this year, so we'll see if a similar opportunity exists.

I know TheWahoo is a veteran at volunteering at tournaments and he likes to work the driving range, which I considered as well, but didn't want to have to worry about being out in the heat for 4 to 6 hours in the middle of July in Maryland...not real fun...ha 

So let's here any of your experiences volunteering at an event.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I know it's a month away and there are a few bigger Majors before this one (like next weeks US Open!!).  But it's being held in my backyard essentially at one of the best Private Clubs in the Country Caves Valley Country Club.  Site of the 2002 US Senior Open.  

I'll be on the Evacuation committee.  Meaning I'll be the guy standing by the SUV's on course in case of a weather delay to drive the players/caddies into the clubhouse.  I did this for the Senior Open there in 2002.   It was a pretty easy assignment, I didn't really have any responsibilities during the round, other than to be on standby.   So i got to watch the action from that hole.  

At that tournament I worked the final day in the afternoon, and after the last group had cleared my hole, they had me bring the SUV into the staging area.  Where they had some players standing by that needed rides to the airport.   So I got to drive Fuzzy Zoeller and his wife, brother and caddie to the airport.  That was a pretty fun drive.  I'll be working on Sunday afternoon again this year, so we'll see if a similar opportunity exists.

I know TheWahoo is a veteran at volunteering at tournaments and he likes to work the driving range, which I considered as well, but didn't want to have to worry about being out in the heat for 4 to 6 hours in the middle of July in Maryland...not real fun...ha 

So let's here any of your experiences volunteering at an event.

I got an e-mail several months ago regarding volunteers at Caves Valley for this tournament.   But as you know, from a past experience, I have a problem with volunteering at Caves Valley.  (Although, through pure luck, it did provide an opportunity to play the course).   If Caves was not the venue, I most likely would volunteer to work the range. So I will be working the range at the Quicken Loans tournament at the end of the month.   

Never volunteered but I have tickets for four days at the event if I decide to head down.  Played the course several times and it is a nice track that get not a lot of play.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

Never volunteered but I have tickets for four days at the event if I decide to head down.  Played the course several times and it is a nice track that get not a lot of play.

Cool, well shoot me a message if you do come down.  it is a beautiful course, and you're correct on not a lot of play, they may be the most restrictive private course for non member play not named Augusta National...at least that is what I've heard, don't know for fact that it's true.  And even not a lot of rounds from members as well.   

I love volunteering at golf tournaments.  I figure if I am going to go,  I am should just volunteer.   Over the years I have done the following:

LPGA - Kingsmill Champtionship (9 years) as standard bearer and walking scorer.   Been doing walking scorer for a while now and the best round it the Pro-am.   Two pros for 9 holes and the amateurs are in carts on the cart path.  Some nice conversation about all kinds of topics.  Tournament rounds are great to watch as you get to see the best close.  

Symetra - While the Kingsmill was on hiatus I did a stint as cart driver/scorer for the players and on the driving range while the Symetra tour played in Richmond.

Senior Tour - Did the Dominion Charity Classic in Richmond last November as a standard bearer.   Got to spend the day with Rocco Mediate, Scott McCarron, and Bernhard Langer.

There are a bunch of people that I talk with who just travel around and volunteer at 5-6 events a year.  Heard some interesting stories about volunteering at the Olympic Golf event.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I love volunteering at golf tournaments.  I figure if I am going to go,  I am should just volunteer.   Over the years I have done the following:

LPGA - Kingsmill Champtionship (9 years) as standard bearer and walking scorer.   Been doing walking scorer for a while now and the best round it the Pro-am.   Two pros for 9 holes and the amateurs are in carts on the cart path.  Some nice conversation about all kinds of topics.  Tournament rounds are great to watch as you get to see the best close.  

Symetra - While the Kingsmill was on hiatus I did a stint as cart driver/scorer for the players and on the driving range while the Symetra tour played in Richmond.

Senior Tour - Did the Dominion Charity Classic in Richmond last November as a standard bearer.   Got to spend the day with Rocco Mediate, Scott McCarron, and Bernhard Langer.

There are a bunch of people that I talk with who just travel around and volunteer at 5-6 events a year.  Heard some interesting stories about volunteering at the Olympic Golf event.  

That's cool about the Pro Am,  I do know some pro ams though where the am's walk with a caddie, that's what we did at the Farmer's a few years back.   I thought about the on course shuttle for players as well, but I didn't want to have to worry about fighting through spectators while doing so...ha

I do remember you being with that group last year...pretty good group to follow!

The rotate player during the Pro am is also good for the amateurs when once or the pros doesn't speak the best English or they aren't the nicest person. For the pros it doesn't commit then to a 6 hour round

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Cool, well shoot me a message if you do come down. it is a beautiful course, and you're correct on not a lot of play, they may be the most restrictive private course for non member play not named Augusta National...at least that is what I've heard, don't know for fact that it's true. And even not a lot of rounds from members as well.

I will if I head down. Not sure on their guest policy but the last two time I played it we were the only foursome on the course for the day.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

Archived