TESTERS WANTED! ×

Snell MTB v Vice Pro Plus

Has anyone here played both the Snell MTB and the Vice Pro Plus golf ball. I am currenlty playing the Vice Pro Plus and love it but I usually only purchase a dozen at a time and with shipping comes out to about 41 dollars. I have heard great things about the Snell MTB and am wondering how it compares. The cost is much less at 31.99 and free shipping. I know that the Vice Pro+ is a 4 piece ball and the MTB is a 3 piece ball. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

Ive wondered the same my self; is the Vice worth the $$$?

I have and do play the Snell MTB. I also Play the Srixon Z. I Have both now and when its time to reload which I will choose I really cant say. Its a matter of convience at this point.

The MTB is as good a ball as you can find, especially for the price, as you may know. A guy I know with 110 to 115 can skin them pretty easy, but he can crack a Volvik too. 

So any more and fwiw I spent 30+ years running golf courses and I have played them all up until last year, when I semi retired and couldnt snag them out of the rough for free all day.

There is the Chrome Soft Truvis that many good players I know are liking saying the eye picks it up better and better shots follow, as well as being easy to find? There is the TP5 that is said to be an amazing ball in the wind? Are they worth it at 40-45 per? The only variable I can truly find for many of the balls I have played is short irons and wedges in. Duh right. But even that is to each his own and the ball that feels right there and will give me that five extra past the flag when I need it to is the ball I use. Trackman and the rest are as much about selling golf balls as anything else while I myself plan to get a sleeve of Truvis, and drop them with my regular ball and hit 2 into the green and see. The truth is on the golf course. And I sure do miss all the free balls. :blink:

Has anyone here played both the Snell MTB and the Vice Pro Plus golf ball. I am currenlty playing the Vice Pro Plus and love it but I usually only purchase a dozen at a time and with shipping comes out to about 41 dollars. I have heard great things about the Snell MTB and am wondering how it compares. The cost is much less at 31.99 and free shipping. I know that the Vice Pro+ is a 4 piece ball and the MTB is a 3 piece ball. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I would say the snell fits between the pro and pro plus, closer to the pro.

I give feel to the snell- it feels better off every club by that I mean softer.

Both have a good strong flight off the tee, distance its kind of a wash between them.

150yds and in aren't that different, I'd say the height and spin from the snell are higher. Both hold greens. I don't problem holding greens from 200yds and in.

Off the putter I love the snell hands down.

I'm not currently using the snell because I got a few dozen of the pro plus at a cheap price.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

I have played both and prefer the Vice. The ball flight is more "true" for my game If that makes sense. The Snell flew high and just didn't suit the eye. I know this might sound overly simple, but you're going to go through balls regardless, why don't you order a few dozen and take advantage of the discounts..

I have played both and prefer the Vice. The ball flight is more "true" for my game If that makes sense. The Snell flew high and just didn't suit the eye. I know this might sound overly simple, but you're going to go through balls regardless, why don't you order a few dozen and take advantage of the discounts..

I agree I think that is what I am going to do next time honestly wish it was softer off the putter but best ball flight for my game

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

I bought the sampler pack from Vice earlier this year and instantly fell in love with the Vice Pro Plus...hasn't left since...I absolutely love the flight of the golf ball and enough spin...I don't particularly like the feel of the putter face though...now the Chrome Soft feels amazing off the putter...but the first time I used one in a round off the tee hit it directly into the water...so hasn't made another appearance yet...lol

Bryson DeChambeau

I bought the sampler pack from Vice earlier this year and instantly fell in love with the Vice Pro Plus...hasn't left since...I absolutely love the flight of the golf ball and enough spin...I don't particularly like the feel of the putter face though...now the Chrome Soft feels amazing off the putter...but the first time I used one in a round off the tee hit it directly into the water...so hasn't made another appearance yet...lol

I definitely agree with your thoughts on the chrome soft off of the putter. I can instantly tell which ball is a chromesoft if you drop 3 in front of me of different brands. I am hoping the srixon q-star will have a similar feel. MTB has a good feel, but not quite as good. Still a great option

WITB

Driver- PING G400 LST w/ Project X Evenflow Black

Fwy- TM Aeroburner 16.5HL

Irons- Callaway Steelhead XR (3-PW)

Wedges- Callaway MD3 (50,54,58)

Putter- Cleveland TFI Satin Cero

Ball-  Snell MTB-X

I definitely agree with your thoughts on the chrome soft off of the putter. I can instantly tell which ball is a chromesoft if you drop 3 in front of me of different brands. I am hoping the srixon q-star will have a similar feel. MTB has a good feel, but not quite as good. Still a great option

Let me know about the q-star after you try it from what I have watched on YouTube Rick Shiels he says always start your ball selection at the green and work your way back

Bryson DeChambeau

Bridgestone B330S is in that category and they are $42 a dozen. Haven't tried either the Snell or the Vice.

I do like the sounds of the matte finish on the Vice. I missed those dang flamingos... wanted one to display.

Bridgestone B330S is in that category and they are $42 a dozen. Haven't tried either the Snell or the Vice.

I do like the sounds of the matte finish on the Vice. I missed those dang flamingos... wanted one to display.

Haven't played the Bridgestone balls in many years but the Chrome I have played and it's 40

Bryson DeChambeau

I played the Snell MTB for almost a year and still love the feel of the ball.  Previously, played the Callaway Chromesoft.  

I purchased a couple of dozen of the Vice Pro Plus and to me, it just didn't have the same soft feel of the Snell.  Distance off the tee was a little less than the Snell, but the biggest difference was from 150 yards in.  I didn't think it held the green as well as the Snell.  The Snell was just much more predictable on approach and chipping shots.

On the green, the Snell was much more reliable.  I'm not sure how this will translate, but the Snell just tracked more reliably.

I have since started using the Srixon Q-Star Tour and I find it very comparable to the Snell MTB.  I still think the Snell performs better on the green, but otherwise, I would rate them very similar in every other aspect.

Having played the Q-Star for the last couple of months, I may switch back to the Snell to see if there are any aspects of the ball that I am missing out on.  

I don't know about anyone else, but I can't make snap comparisons to balls.  I have to use if for a few rounds, then go back to my previous ball and then I feel like I can make a better comparison.

I played the Snell MTB for almost a year and still love the feel of the ball. Previously, played the Callaway Chromesoft.

I purchased a couple of dozen of the Vice Pro Plus and to me, it just didn't have the same soft feel of the Snell. Distance off the tee was a little less than the Snell, but the biggest difference was from 150 yards in. I didn't think it held the green as well as the Snell. The Snell was just much more predictable on approach and chipping shots.

On the green, the Snell was much more reliable. I'm not sure how this will translate, but the Snell just tracked more reliably.

I have since started using the Srixon Q-Star Tour and I find it very comparable to the Snell MTB. I still think the Snell performs better on the green, but otherwise, I would rate them very similar in every other aspect.

Having played the Q-Star for the last couple of months, I may switch back to the Snell to see if there are any aspects of the ball that I am missing out on.

I don't know about anyone else, but I can't make snap comparisons to balls. I have to use if for a few rounds, then go back to my previous ball and then I feel like I can make a better comparison.

Thanks

Bryson DeChambeau

Archived