TESTERS WANTED! ×

Titlest AP1 gamers

Zylem

Any one here currently playing Titlest AP1s? I have an old set of AP2s that I am going to probably replace at the end on the year and I was thinking of trying the new AP1s when the come out. I am looking for something a little more forgiving then my current 710 AP2s and wondering if anyone here has made to jump from AP2 to AP1 irons. If so what were some things you noticed?

Yes, I plan on waiting until the new ones come out. I plan on getting fitted too. I want to make sure the shaft fits my swing.

You are wise to wait. I just spoke to someone at Titiest this week. There is something NEW coming with the 718 release, that will be woth waiting for, according to them.

I can't say specifically what it is, because I don't know specifically, but a strong guess is it will be a sleeker or more excitong club than the AP1.

I had the 716 AP1 unit il just about a month ago. They were a bit clunky for me and I wanted something a bit more new and shiny. So I'm excited to see what's coming.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

You are wise to wait. I just spoke to someone at Titiest this week. There is something NEW coming with the 718 release, that will be woth waiting for, according to them.

I can't say specifically what it is, because I don't know specifically, but a strong guess is it will be a sleeker or more excitong club than the AP1.

I had the 716 AP1 unit il just about a month ago. They were a bit clunky for me and I wanted something a bit more new and shiny. So I'm excited to see what's coming.

Thanks for the heads up.

• 2 weeks later...

Rumor is there will be an AP3 that slots between the AP1 and AP2, which will not doubt confuse some.   It's been described it as AP1 like long irons, AP2 ish short irons.

It (the new model) has been described to me as "you (as AP1 player) are going to freaking love these irons.

I know every manufacture likes to hype a new release. But adding a whole new category is exciting.

Poulter has photos of them on Instagram.

A buddy of mine texted me saying it was the AP2 Poulter posted. But by the time I got a chance to look he had taken it down.

Don't suppose you captured a screen shot? They will most likely be unveiled next week at the QL National. Sounds like Poulter jumped the gun a bit. Ha

So from the sounds of it, it will be like a combo set?

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Yeah but under the guise of being a brand new product so they can slap a nice high price tag on them.

A buddy of mine texted me saying it was the AP2 Poulter posted. But by the time I got a chance to look he had taken it down.

Don't suppose you captured a screen shot? They will most likely be unveiled next week at the QL National. Sounds like Poulter jumped the gun a bit. Ha

a7mq83ielf5z.jpg

0ed8nfn7nf5z.jpg

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Yeah but under the guise of being a brand new product so they can slap a nice high price tag on them.

a7mq83ielf5z.jpg

0ed8nfn7nf5z.jpg

They look nice.

Always liked the looks of the AP series.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Oh my. I may have just messed my pants a bit. Ha

After getting the Srixons this spring. I was going to try and hold off until the spring on these. But I'll be going to the Team Titleist Invitational in September. And will have a chance to hit these. That may kill any thoughts of waiting. Ha

After getting the Srixons this spring. I was going to try and hold off until the spring on these. But I'll be going to the Team Titleist Invitational in September. And will have a chance to hit these. That may kill any thoughts of waiting. Ha

Titleist makes a darn good looking iron!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Had AP1's for 2015 and 2016...moved to the AP2's in early 2017 and was very happy with the change. Nothing against the AP1's but I find the AP2 just a better set with regards to gapping.

Yeah I may end up just upgrading to the new AP2s I really like the distance gaps in my bag right now, I want to at least sing the AP1s and see what they are like. I have not hit a Game Improvement Iron in awhile and am curious if I am miss out.

BTW does anyone else feel like these new AP3s look a lot like the Ping G Crossovers? Maybe?

Can't wait to see what the CB's look like... 🤤

- Alan

Titleist makes a darn good looking iron!

I had the 716 AP1 and it was a solid performing club and even looked ok for a GI line. Bit the pics of those AP3 and new AP2 are so damn good looking.

I switched from the AP2 to AP1 in 2015. I am hitting the ball higher and 1 club longer.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Hate to tell you this but the lofts are jacked up about one clubs worth. I was amazed how much further I hit them as well until I looked at the numbers

http://www.titleist.com/teamtitleist/b/tourblog/archive/2017/06/25/tour-seeding-of-prototype-titleist-irons-starts-at-tpc-potomac

Wonder how much trouble Poults got into.

Probably not much, I think these leaks end up helping more than hurting. I mean hear we all are drooling over these new irons and we know nothing about them. Now we are glued to Google waiting to see what Titlest has to say.

Btw I went and tested some 716 AP1s. Great iron. I have to say I am very impressed with the feel of off center hits. But there were two cons that didn't sit well with me. The top line seemed a little too thick to me. It just looked off to me at address. This is something I could probably get over in a few rounds though. The second was how hot these irons are. They play a full club stronger to me. Almost 1.5 clubs stronger. I assume this is to help people struggling with getting the most distance out of there shots. But to me it felt like a shifty advertising ploy. A thought kept playing in my head of the weekender getting fitted for new irons stumbles upon these and since he is hitting the 7 iron 10-15 yards further than his current one he immediately buys the AP1.

Long story short. I liked the forgiveness the 716 AP1s offered and I still plan on taking a few swings with the 718 AP1s but it's probably going to come down to Mizuno JPX tour or 718 AP2s.

Hate to tell you this but the lofts are jacked up about one clubs worth. I was amazed how much further I hit them as well until I looked at the numbers

Do you know why they are strong compared to AP2s? That's right, it's because they launch higher so if you didn't decrease the lofts you would just hit balloon shots all day.

Taylormade M1

Titleist 816 H1

Titleist 916 AP1 4-GW

52,56,60 Vokey Wedges

64 Mack Daddy PM Grind Wedge

Ping Ketsch mid putter

Titleist deluxe cart bag

TecTecTec range finder

CaddyTek EZ-Fold 3 Wheel Golf Push Cart

Country Club Elite® Hitting Strip 10"x30"

Rukket Haack Golf Net By SEC Coach Chris Haack 10 X 7ft

Do you know why they are strong compared to AP2s? That's right, it's because they launch higher so if you didn't decrease the lofts you would just hit balloon shots all day.

Check out Tom Wishon's "The Dreaded Vanishing Loft Disease."  

:ping-small:G410 plus driver,:taylormade-small:Aeroburner 3W, :cobra-small:F6 Baffler 
:callaway-small:XR 4, 5 hybrids
:titleist-small:2021 T300 6 - GW, SW irons
:callaway-small: Mack Daddy CB 58/12 wedge
Axis1 Rose putter

Alternates: Srixon ZX4 MKII irons

Archived