TESTERS WANTED! ×

Most underrated equipment

What's the most underrated equipment in your bag? Is there something in your bag that maybe hasn't gotten a ton of love in the golf community either with players or reviews? For me I am finding that Adams made some really great equipment especially right before the Taylormade purchase of them. I bought a brand new Adams XTD Ti 3 wood and 5 wood for $30 bucks each...got an Adam Pro Red hybrid for $40 and have the XTD Ti Driver in route to the house purchased for $50. I am really amazed at these items...great sound and plenty hot...great stock Matrix shafts as well....what are your thoughts?

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

Cobra. We did this conversation a while back. Sometimes the search doesn't bring up the best results. But anyways I think cobra has he most overlooked Equipment right now.

Most Underrated Equipment?

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/index.php?/topic/19651-Most-Underrated-Equipment%3F

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I'd have to say Mizuno. They have some great equipment, and their irons are second to none. You never hear anything about them, though.

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

I'd have to say Mizuno. They have some great equipment, and their irons are second to none. You never hear anything about them, though.

Love the look of Mizuno irons. The jpx are a little too bulky for me, but I'd love some mp-25s.

Happy with my vapor pro combos though, pretty similar in looks with the mp-25, wonder how the feel compares

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

I would have to say Wilson considering their past history. I know they fell from sight for a while but I believe they are on the comeback trail. The golf business is funny today. Seems that most folks I see play the most advertised clubs or hyped up clubs what ever the latest greatest thing of the month. I guess that is marketing 101 today. I was never die hard brand loyal even though I am a Macgregor collector. I can remember playing irons and wedges until they wore out. I have worn out 3 sets of irons in my lifetime all of them different brands. I played the Mac VIPs on and off since 90 and they are worn slap out. Now I do have a set of pristine ones just like them but have not switched the shafts out yet because I discovered the 2013 X forged Callys I am front line gaming now. One of they guys at my club remarked "they must be special made Stuey switch from Mac blades" yep they are. I still play old Mac blades in my vintage golf though a set of 53 Mac Toski irons. Look at my signature I play a very mixed bag compared to most MGSers. I play what works for me do not care about the hype or age or brand

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Love the look of Mizuno irons. The jpx are a little too bulky for me, but I'd love some mp-25s.

Happy with my vapor pro combos though, pretty similar in looks with the mp-25, wonder how the feel compares

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

One of the sets I stated I wore out in my previous post was a set of MP-33s of course I was playing comp and playing or practicing every day. Those were the best feeling Mizunos to me not too buttery and not too hard. After that I went back to my Mac VIPs

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Agree with Wilson Staff. I have a couple of the D200 hybrids and they are terrific. I had the 3h at the range yesterday and it was almost tough not to get it out straight and far. Didn't feel as nice at impact as my Apex but results trump feel every time.

I've had a couple sets of their irons in the past as well and have nothing but good things to say.

I view WS and Tour Edge in the same light; very solid equipment that some how doesn't make it in the average guy's bag.

WIT  :titelist-small: Sta Dry Bag:

Driver:       :taylormade-small: '17 M2

Woods:     :taylormade-small: M2 3W and 5W

Hybrids:   :callaway-logo-1: Apex 3h and 5h  

Irons:          :mizuno-small:   MP 18 MMC

Wedges:   :callaway-logo-1: MD PM Grind, 56* and 60*

Putter:      :scotty-cameron-1: California Sonoma

Mizuno?

I'm sorry but I can't buy into them as under rated. Say Mizuno and people think "oozes quality" - see Mizuno in a guy's bag and people think "player".

We've had this discussion a number of times - I like Wilson now - used to be Adams for sure.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Mizuno?

I'm sorry but I can't buy into them as under rated. Say Mizuno and people think "oozes quality" - see Mizuno in a guy's bag and people think "player".

We've had this discussion a number of times - I like Wilson now - used to be Adams for sure.

If people think that about me, they'd be sorely mistaken...lol. 

I have seen the topic before but I mean a club in your bag that you play

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

I have seen the topic before but I mean a club in your bag that you play

My $35 Taylormade Jetspeed 2 Hybrid. They should have named them Taylormade Rocket... oh wait...

Most consistent "long" club I have.

- Alan

How many Porsche commercials do you see vs Ford commercials? Quality doesn't need to advertise.

I read an article about Pabts Blue Ribbon vs Budweiser a while back. The amount of money Bud spends on advertising could run PBR for eternity. And the money that PBR doesn't spend on advertising is spent on actually making the beer.

And they are both equally disgusting.

- Alan

Mizuno?

I only know one guy who plays Mizuno and he is pretty bad...

If we could get back to the original question of what's in YOUR bag that's underrated. For me it's my Adams Speedline 3wood. Doesn't get near the credit she deserves. Paid $15 for it best club in my bag (that I'm hitting right now)

CobraConnectChallenge3

... Cleveland 588TT iron's without a doubt. Best combination of a players iron and forgiveness I have ever played. I love my Fly Z+ but keep coming back to the TT's. The topline is a little thicker than most players irons but they are a nice head size between mid-standard and the performance is second to none. The soles look wide but they are beveled like the Srixon Z Series, just rolled off instead of a V. The TT stands for TourTrajectory and I find that a good description as they are easy to control hitting high or low with equal aplomb. But oh my are the mid/longer irons forgiving and yet the short irons are surprisingly accurate. These just went under the radar and I am always looking for another new or pristine set as a back up. 

... Edit: I should also mention my Adams LS hybrid with (gasp!) the stock Kuro Kage Black hybrid shaft. It is by far the oldest club in my bag besides my putter. I don;t like the white color or the slot on top that fills with grass, but I just haven't found anything that performs as well. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

Oh, in your bag. I guess I misread that part. Probably my Cobra Fly-Z hybrid. I usually give credit to my clubs that deserve it. The ones that don't go in to timeout...

I've got an Adams tight lies2 3 wood, 25$ brand new at golf town! I would recommend this club to everyone. I find it unique as the head is very thin compared to most woods on the market and I find it easy to hit off the deck. That sound and feel is amazing and it's a very consistent club I have in my bag and I'm sad that Adams won't be making any new models in the future :(

I've got an Adams tight lies2 3 wood, 25$ brand new at golf town! I would recommend this club to everyone. I find it unique as the head is very thin compared to most woods on the market and I find it easy to hit off the deck. That sound and feel is amazing and it's a very consistent club I have in my bag and I'm sad that Adams won't be making any new models in the future :(

Adams does make some of the best HYbrids time after time. A real tool I (try not to) play with can bomb it. 300 when he manages it but literally couldnt pull a Fairway Wood out of his bag. Got tired of his wining for the last 2 years and sent him a link from Hurricane Golf for a $39 Adams Hybrid 18*/2 wood with a 72gr Grafalloy.

Much bs followed but he did buy it. 240+- straight as a board.

Was willing to beat him with his lack of prowess from 225 out but the silence about his sorry wood play is worth the yardage he has finally found.

Wilson will be one to look into as well.

Adams does make some of the best HYbrids time after time. A real tool I (try not to) play with can bomb it. 300 when he manages it but literally couldnt pull a Fairway Wood out of his bag. Got tired of his wining for the last 2 years and sent him a link from Hurricane Golf for a $39 Adams Hybrid 18*/2 wood with a 72gr Grafalloy.

Much bs followed but he did buy it. 240+- straight as a board.

Was willing to beat him with his lack of prowess from 225 out but the silence about his sorry wood play is worth the yardage he has finally found.

Wilson will be one to look into as well.

Haha very difficult decision you made

Bryson DeChambeau

Now you know two. :D

I have to be true here if I could game some Mizuno Blades I would believe me

Bryson DeChambeau

... I still have some MP63's that are really just MB blades with style. As a good ball striker I can certainly tell a difference between these and my gamers on my off days. When I am swinging well there is little difference until I get to the 4 iron and even then the slightest mishit lets me know in feel and performance. So I only take them out a few times a year to experience that sweet solid feel of a Mizuno MB and all other days I use my players CB's. I probably played 15 sets of pure MB's in my life and I can honestly say that other than the very brief orgasmic feel, I do not miss playing any of them. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

I bought an Adams XTD Ti Driver that I will put to the test against the old Ignite soon....

Bryson DeChambeau

These are very underrated clubs in my opinion....

sldrIron.png

sldrIron2.png

SLDR-C Driver.jpg

SLDR-C Crown Large.jpg

sldr-cFACE.jpg

niblick.jpg  2011 NIBLICK PW

niblick DWandSW.jpg  2011 NIBLICK DW & SW

What's in Bobcat's Bag?  (Showing more than 14 clubs due to options)

Driver: :taylormade-small: 9.5* SLDR-C - 45.5" Miyazaki Kusala Black 61s, (1/2" tip)

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Tour issue 15* V-Steel 3W - Fujikura 757 Speeder Stiff

Fairway/Hybrid: :taylormade-small: 15* Rescue Fairway "3-Strong" - VP-90 Stiff 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: #3 (19*) & #4 (22*) Rescue-Mid TP's - Vista Pro 90 Stiff 

Driving Irons: :taylormade-small: UDI #1 (16*) & #3 (20*) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff

Iron Set: :taylormade-small: SLDR Irons (5-8i only) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff

Hybrid Wedges: :cleveland-small: 2011 Niblicks 42*PW, 49*DW, 56*SW - Stock

SW/LW: :cleveland-small: CG-16 Black Pearl 58* Low Bounce 8* - Stock Steel Shaft

Putter: :bettinardi-small: BBX-81 Blade - Stock Bettinardi Steel Shaft 

LOL in my bag?  No doubt the rusty Scotty Found it on the scrap pile at work scrap was down at the time so I gave .05 for it. I did put a $2 Royal Cord grip on it. I bought a bunch of those grips on a closeout deal. The second club I would say is the old TM Rescue 22* found in the same place but I think I gave .07 for it because scrap was up at the time. I did put a $2 Tacki Mac wrap on it and maybe .05 of lead tape in the toe to prevent hooks. Yep I think I am the King Cheapo on MGS

G

LOL in my bag? No doubt the rusty Scotty Found it on the scrap pile at work scrap was down at the time so I gave .05 for it. I did put a $2 Royal Cord grip on it. I bought a bunch of those grips on a closeout deal. The second club I would say is the old TM Rescue 22* found in the same place but I think I gave .07 for it because scrap was up at the time. I did put a $2 Tacki Mac wrap on it and maybe .05 of lead tape in the toe to prevent hooks. Yep I think I am the King Cheapo on MGS

Not bad pick ups.... For 12c lol

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I play MP64's...not really blades. I don't find them all that hard to hit, to be honest. I played MX25's before that.... nice irons.  I like Mizuno because they appeal to my eye...... simple, well executed lines that are not gaudy and all fancied up with graphics and racing stripes. :D

Archived