TESTERS WANTED! ×

Most underrated equipment

My set of MALTBY true forged irons... these sell for a lot less than bigger name brands, but is still at least as good..

Oh!, and my vintage PING K1 iron set I found on Ebay -nos and they actually feel better to hit than my old (but newer) PING EYE 2's... don't make the mistake and think that older iron designs doesn't work...

• 2 weeks later...

I play MP64's...not really blades. I don't find them all that hard to hit, to be honest. I played MX25's before that.... nice irons.  I like Mizuno because they appeal to my eye...... simple, well executed lines that are not gaudy and all fancied up with graphics and racing stripes. :D

Me too, and mp33's before that.

But I don't see them as under rated, or my callaway woods, or vokey wedges.

Aha- my Nike method putter. That's the one.

Instantly made me a very good putter- especially on lag control

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Me too, and mp33's before that.

But I don't see them as under rated, or my callaway woods, or vokey wedges.

Aha- my Nike method putter. That's the one.

Instantly made me a very good putter- especially on lag control

Have to second the nike method putter. Picked up a s1-12 counterbalance and wow have I seen improvements! Although confidence standing over the ball to make a putt makes a big difference as well.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

BULLET .357 Fairway 3-Wood (15 degree)

Without a doubt, the club impressed me within the first week of use and I replaced a Tour Edge Exotics Fairway with the .357 immediately. I purchased the two from Rock Bottom Golf and I had my eye on the Tour Edge E8 fairway as it was the highest quality and most attractive of the bunch on sale. I had the chance to throw in an extra club for cheap and save $15 on my total purchase and free shipping...SO WHY NOT?!?

Fast-forward to the early sping and the Tour Edge E8 was solid. Absolutely no complaints whatsoever. I decided I should show some love to my Bullet .357 fairway and I decided to use it during a round with friends...ya know, the round where you're not proving anything to anyone and just sort of d*ck around. Well well well the .357 helped me find 5 of 5 fairways I tee'd off with it and nearly getting 230 with it. I didn't realize it at first but it wasn't until later where I went on Google Earth and measured where I had placed those tee shots and I simply hadn't looked back ever since.

I have no clue about other Bullet golf clubs and how they perform. But the $15 Bullet .357 is by far one of the most underrated fairways or clubs I've played.

Mizuno drivers.... Severely under rated. The EZ is probably one of the easiest and most forgiving drivers I've ever hit and the JPX 850 is loooooong.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

I'm with you GG, my Adams hybrid is probably my most reliable and underrated club in the bag. I don't hit it very often, but I can count on it every time I pull it out of the bag. Going to be hard to replace.

Driver: Ping G 9.5*

Fairway: TaylorMade AeroBurner

Hybrid: Adams Blue

Irons: TaylorMade Burner 2.0

Wedges: TaylorMade Tour Preferred EF

Putter: Odyssey O-Works #1

I have seen the topic before but I mean a club in your bag that you play

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

No doubt these days it's the belly and long putters. They're so underrated because they're misunderstood and controversial. They're not illegal, but an anchored stroke with them is. Paul Azinger and another announcer on the recent U. S. Open telecast wrongly referred to them as "outlawed." Hank Haney has questioned Bernhard Langer's highly successful and (Langer says) non-anchored stroke. "Lots of tour players are questioning this," Haney tweeted. Of course they are, because Bernhard beats them regularly. Some companies don't even make them any more. Cleveland's new Huntington Beach putters come no longer than 35 inches. The ruling says anchoring has to be intentional. Whether a golfer accidentally brushes his shirt or lightly touches his body during the winning stroke of a club championship, or even a friendly round, and whether that constitutes anchoring, will eventually cause hard feelings and probably a gunfight or two, at least in Texas. The USGA and Royal and Ancient blew it on this one.

Okay I came back to this one and I'm sorry that I got us off track with the Mizuno comment.

The reality is that everything in my bag other than driver is under rated.

Tour Exotics 4 wood, SCOR wedges and EVNRoll putter - the average golfer has never heard of these because he never sees them advertised.

Wilson irons? Really (yes they are a steal IMO because they tend to be at the low end of price point in their category and they offer lots of free customization options)

SLDR S hybrids - I managed to find a piece of TMag equipment that no one cared about - I also paid under 60 for each with new grips installed.

I guess that would make them the most under rated in my bag. I find them very easy to flight up or down, to take something off a bit also.

Only my Driver would have street cred with the average guy - Ping G30 but even there it has a Kintex shaft in it. I often get questions about that shaft by the guy cleaning my clubs after the round.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

My fairway woods are definitely underrated.  The Callaway Big Bertha V-series never got the love of the other Callaway lines IMO.  They are the easiest to hit FWs I have ever hit.  They have been in the bag for several years and I do see them coming out any time soon.  Great clubs!

Driver -     Rogue ST Max
Woods -   Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -      Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                          Wedges -   Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                                          Putter -    Evnroll ER2
Rangefinder -  NX-10 Slope
Ball -  Vice Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                            Bag -  Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

Nike vapor rescue wood. The last line of clubs they made before getting out of clubs. Got it on discount and it's been really good

<p>Knoxville, TN 8 Hdcp PXG 0811  10.59deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Titleist 2i rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, OdysseyRed 2Ball Fang with 1.0 super stroke</p>

Mizuno drivers.... Severely under rated. The EZ is probably one of the easiest and most forgiving drivers I've ever hit and the JPX 850 is loooooong.

I didn't need to hear this.  I'm very happy with the Sixon Z 565.  But now that I'll be testing the JPX 900 Hot Metal irons, I'm sure I'll be tempted to get a matching driver...LOL

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I didn't need to hear this. I'm very happy with the Sixon Z 565. But now that I'll be testing the JPX 900 Hot Metal irons, I'm sure I'll be tempted to get a matching driver...LOL

Try the EZ....just do it

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

Try the EZ....just do it

Just Stop It!!

Sent from my LG-D850 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Just Stop It!!

Sent from my LG-D850 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

LMAO

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

Archived