TESTERS WANTED! ×

Truvis Technology

Looking at the Chrome Soft and am reading about Truvis Technology you the soccer ball look. Has anyone put these in play? Did it improve your score?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

I don't see how a soccer ball pattern would improve your golf. I'm sure it's just some marketing thing backed by "science" in the fact that it has a placebo effect.

edit: they look super cool, though!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

I can't stand them... too much going on at address, and they drive me nuts trying to putt.

There is also a guy on Instagram that cuts golf balls in half to show what's inside - he's been going thru a bunch of these, and all of them have had the core off-center. (Not sure if that makes a difference, but all other high-end balls seem to be uniform...)

Actually I have used them for a while, it's the same ball as the Chrome Soft white. The technology is about focus. If you struggle with focus or have a wandering mind, especially putting, they do draw your focus, has it been score improving. Not sure, but it plays good for me. Try a sleeve and see.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Actually I have used them for a while, it's the same ball as the Chrome Soft white. The technology is about focus. If you struggle with focus or have a wandering mind, especially putting, they do draw your focus, has it been score improving. Not sure, but it plays good for me. Try a sleeve and see.

Thanks I will give it a go

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

I personally love them. I line them up on the tee so that I am always staring at the same corner of the pentagon shape and have noticed some improvements on consistency. Same with putting. As a side note: I really like how you can see how much spin the ball has on short shots around the green. It has changed how I practice and can now predict how quickly the ball will check up and what the roll out will be.

I personally love them. I line them up on the tee so that I am always staring at the same corner of the pentagon shape and have noticed some improvements on consistency. Same with putting. As a side note: I really like how you can see how much spin the ball has on short shots around the green. It has changed how I practice and can now predict how quickly the ball will check up and what the roll out will be.

I have heard that is one of the main benefits to it

Bryson DeChambeau

I use Truvis balls.  I started with the white Chrome Soft.  For Christmas a couple of years ago my son gave me a dozen Truvis balls.  When I needed more balls, I bought the white ones.  I didn't think the Truvis did all that much when I first played with them.  

After switching back to white, I found that I missed the Truvis--especially around the greens and for putting.  I switched back to the Truvis and haven't looked back.  I find the Truvis easier to line up on the green and I like how easy it is to see the spin on the ball with chips and pitches.  Nevertheless, it took going back to white to realize how much I liked the Truvis.   

I use Truvis balls. I started with the white Chrome Soft. For Christmas a couple of years ago my son gave me a dozen Truvis balls. When I needed more balls, I bought the white ones. I didn't think the Truvis did all that much when I first played with them.

After switching back to white, I found that I missed the Truvis--especially around the greens and for putting. I switched back to the Truvis and haven't looked back. I find the Truvis easier to line up on the green and I like how easy it is to see the spin on the ball with chips and pitches. Nevertheless, it took going back to white to realize how much I liked the Truvis.

So once you go Truvis you never go back

Bryson DeChambeau

I use them right now. I love the chrome soft golf ball and was given a couple dozen for Christmas. I don't know if they really help me focus during my swing but what I do like about them is how easy it is to identify my ball. I am still on the fence if I will buy more of the truvis when it's time to replace these.

I've been using them for a year and a half. It is not about anything other than I like riding up to our balls and immediately knowing which is mine when playing in a group.

Driver -     Rogue ST Max
Woods -   Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -      Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                          Wedges -   Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                                          Putter -    Evnroll ER2
Rangefinder -  NX-10 Slope
Ball -  Vice Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                            Bag -  Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

Since most golfers like to play what the Pros play how come I haven't seen any of them playing this ball?

Maybe none of them played soccer growing up.  :unsure:

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Since most golfers like to play what the Pros play how come I haven't seen any of them playing this ball?

Maybe none of them played soccer growing up.  :unsure:

Only one I know of is Tom Watson on the Senior Tour, wise old Tom!   :rolleyes:

Driver -     Rogue ST Max
Woods -   Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -      Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                          Wedges -   Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                                          Putter -    Evnroll ER2
Rangefinder -  NX-10 Slope
Ball -  Vice Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                            Bag -  Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

I thought about picking up a dozen at the NEX today since they're having 15% off all golf stuff, but I still have an entire box and a half of RZN blacks.

I need to stay disciplined so I can finally get around to trying the TP5 and B330-S

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

I can sometimes really see the backspin off of my 3 wood and it looks really cool, almost slow motion for a moment. I also like how easy it is to see the roll on a putt.

I prefer the black and yellow ones, but if I am struggling for the first few holes I switch to the red and white, I also have some plain yellow that I switch to as well, just to change it up, sometimes it works and other times it stays bad.

I really like the regular Chrome Softs. I don't know about the "soccer ball" ones. They seem a little distracting...

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

I really like the regular Chrome Softs. I don't know about the "soccer ball" ones. They seem a little distracting...

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I was like trying to figure out which one of those red things to focus on

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

This pattern made me crazy, like the chrome soft plain white ball. 

While in my local Dicks Sporting Goods store, the callaway rep had given them white with green, truvis, which I dont get because that seems to me to be harder to see

51909255809__A003ECD3-B261-4113-AF80-A930405CC74D.JPG

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

I played a sleeve and didn't mind the Truvis pattern as much as I thought I would. I'll echo the sentiment that my favorite shots with it were greenside, as you can really see what the ball is doing as it spins, checks, releases, etc.

I didn't switch to making it my primary ball as I prefer the feel of the Srixon Z-Star, particularly off the tee (the Chrome Soft felt too, well, soft to me). If I weren't playing the Srixon, though, this ball would be in the mix for me.

I played a sleeve and didn't mind the Truvis pattern as much as I thought I would. I'll echo the sentiment that my favorite shots with it were greenside, as you can really see what the ball is doing as it spins, checks, releases, etc.

I didn't switch to making it my primary ball as I prefer the feel of the Srixon Z-Star, particularly off the tee (the Chrome Soft felt too, well, soft to me). If I weren't playing the Srixon, though, this ball would be in the mix for me.

Try the CHrome soft X, it "feels" a little harder of the face. It reacts very similarly to the Chrome Soft off the face, but has a sound and feel that most are accustomed to.

Chrome soft didn't agree off the tee miss the Vice Pro Plus in red

Bryson DeChambeau

My son found one of the black and yellow on the course and it's been the only ball he has played since (past couple of weeks).  He confused me last week when he looked like he was lining up a putt during a tournament with one of these balls and I wasn't sure how that was going to work, but I found out later the "Chrome Soft" lettering is setup as an alignment aid.  As others have said, the main benefit seems to be the visual aid it provides around the green.  

Driver:  :titelist-small: - 915 D2 (9.5) - Diamana S+ Blue 60

3 Wood:  :taylormade-small: - Rocketballz Stage 2 Tour (13) - Stiff 

Hybrid:  :taylormade-small: - RBZ Stage 2 Rescue (19) - Stiff

Hybrid:  :titelist-small: - 816 H1 (23) - Reg

Irons:  :titelist-small: - 714 AP2 - 5-AW - XP95 Stiff

Wedges:  :titelist-small: - Vokey SM5 - 54/58

Putter:  :titelist-small: - Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 - 35in

Archived