TESTERS WANTED! ×

Mistake or no

Brian A

So I went to local golf retailer yesterday, planning on getting last years ProV1's since they were on clearance for $39.  Talking with the guy, they had Bridgestone B330-RXS were comparable and buy 2 get 1 free and talked me in to them. Played today with them, of course lost 2, but to me it seems my chip shots werent sticking like the used to and had a lot of roll? Is that normal for this ball or was it just an off day?

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

So I went to local golf retailer yesterday, planning on getting last years ProV1's since they were on clearance for $39. Talking with the guy, they had Bridgestone B330-RXS were comparable and buy 2 get 1 free and talked me in to them. Played today with them, of course lost 2, but to me it seems my chip shots werent sticking like the used to and had a lot of roll? Is that normal for this ball or was it just an off day?

I think the RXS is comparable to say the TM project (@) or the Titleist NXT Tour..

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

I've been hitting the B330S and love them.

- Alan

I have been the biggest hater of the pro V all my golfing life (all 1 1/2 years.) I've never liked the "popular thing" always went against the crowd. Today I played a actual game for money. Decided to play with a brand new pro v I found. Shot the best score ever and won the game. Could it be it was just my day??? The only thing any different was playing with a pro v. Needless to say I've ordered 3 dozen pro v's. I guess there's a reason the pro v1 (x) is the most popular.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

CobraConnectChallenge3

Not necessarily.

Just last week I shot my lowest round of the year (2 over) and played a MG Tour C4. I can shoot my best or worst with any ball. 

My one requirement is a urethane cover.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Not necessarily.

Just last week I shot my lowest round of the year (2 over) and played a MG Tour C4. I can shoot my best or worst with any ball.

My one requirement is a urethane cover.

Agree on the Urethane. I played the TM RBZ Urethane balls 3 years ago. I loved those things. Dang. I might have to try them again.

- Alan

Agree on the Urethane. I played the TM RBZ Urethane balls 3 years ago. I loved those things. Dang. I might have to try them again.

- Alan

On one of my many trips into the fescue, I found one of these a month or so ago. Unfortunately, I think it was a winter survivor, seemed pretty hard and waterlogged. I had some of the RBZ (not urethane) and I sliced those as well as anything else

WITB

Driver- PING G400 LST w/ Project X Evenflow Black

Fwy- TM Aeroburner 16.5HL

Irons- Callaway Steelhead XR (3-PW)

Wedges- Callaway MD3 (50,54,58)

Putter- Cleveland TFI Satin Cero

Ball-  Snell MTB-X

On one of my many trips into the fescue, I found one of these a month or so ago. Unfortunately, I think it was a winter survivor, seemed pretty hard and waterlogged. I had some of the RBZ (not urethane) and I sliced those as well as anything else

You can pick up a dozen used from golf balls direct for around $6. Not a bad investment, they are a one hop and stop ball around the green. Got 10+ yards off the driver. They really are Longier. Nothing like the project a. It's a 2 piece ball that acts like a "Tour" ball. They are fairly "hard" I'd say about like a V1x, or closest to the TM LDP black.

I was able to generate enough spin to suck them back if I needed to.

- Alan

I found a halfway decent ball in my range bucket last year (I think it was a brand new TaylorMade something or other), and decided to play it. Ended up breaking my low score at the time...

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

So I went to local golf retailer yesterday, planning on getting last years ProV1's since they were on clearance for $39. Talking with the guy, they had Bridgestone B330-RXS were comparable and buy 2 get 1 free and talked me in to them. Played today with them, of course lost 2, but to me it seems my chip shots werent sticking like the used to and had a lot of roll? Is that normal for this ball or was it just an off day?

Your question seemed to get lost their.

The RXS you asked about is still a pro level ball.

I tried to cut through all the marketing language on the box and it appears to be a three piece urethane ball designed for a slower swing speed (under 105 mph)

It should generate more spin for a slower speed swing.

Chipping spin should be the same for most urethane cover balls since the core never compresses

I would bet maybe a little grass between the ball and club or just slightly less solid strike on the shots.

The marketing on golf balls is crazy. Core compression is a big myth in my opinion, so many balls nowadays are below 80 compression that it doesn't matter. I love the B330RXS balls because they are really low compression and fly forever. Plus they have good spin control.

Sent from my Sprint LG G5 mobile device

Agree with the Burk and Plaid - it's a Urethane covered pro line type ball. Whether it's better for a slower swing is debatable - it works like all the other pro line balls, less spin off the driver, more spin around the green. Each ball is a little different but my guess is that with a little practice it will be fine.

To be clear it is not like an NXT tour or those types of balls.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

They charge the same price for NXT Tour, Taylormade Project A, Callaway Supersoft.

And it's right in their tech "AMATOUR core" a little play on works there. While the B330 and B330S clearly market "TOURcore".

They probably perform great. They have a Urethane cover and they aren't rock slices. And at $10 a dozen cheaper clips you get used to the little less spin?

The RXS is a good ball. I would say that the ProV previous generation would probably have been the better fit

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

I know I lost 2 so I have to play at least one box, but they'll let me take back the other 2 for 66% of the cost. Sounds like thats the best option? Get the ball I like or worth trying the B330 or B330-s

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

I know I lost 2 so I have to play at least one box, but they'll let me take back the other 2 for 66% of the cost. Sounds like thats the best option? Get the ball I like or worth trying the B330 or B330-s

I have tried the b-330, and b-330s, if you don't swing north of 105, you will not be able to compress these balls enough to get the benefit. There is a reason Bridgestone markets to swing speeds. That's my experience with them. If I were you I would buy what you like, if you want to try the B330 and b330s you should buy a sleeve or ask someone to try one. Good luck.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Try the b330 rx. Launches high goes long, has a urethane cover. Gamed it a lot and like it. I like it better than the rxs for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver: TM M1 9.5*

4W: Wishon bent FLAT

Irons: Mizuno MP20MB

Wedges: 50/55/60 Mizuno

Putter: Evnroll ER2

Everyone keeps saying "urethane cover"? Can someone elaborate what this is vs the other options and why its better?

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

Have you tried the Srixon brand?  Best round I have ever shot was with the "Soft Feel"  but I love playing the Z star XV  cheaper than the Pro V's. 

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

Everyone keeps saying "urethane cover"? Can someone elaborate what this is vs the other options and why its better?

It's softer. Think of an Orange vs Apple. The orange is soft and the grooves would grab that orange and put a ton of spin of it. Apples can be soft, but the cover (shell) is generally harder than an orange.

- Alan

... If you depend on max spin with your short game, you will be very disappointed in the RXS. I bought a box last summer in LA after talking to a Bridgestone rep who was really touting their new SlipRes cover that is supposed to be much more durable and I really disliked the ball around the greens. I just could not get used to the extra roll out compared to the Z Star or TPx. Everywhere else the ball performed similar to the 2 I just mentioned but short game was very difficult to judge. Same thing with the Duo Urethane. If you play a lot of chip and run, the RXS will be just fine but if you play aggressive one hop and stop pitches, flops and chips save your money. I gave mine to my wife. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

... If you depend on max spin with your short game, you will be very disappointed in the RXS. I bought a box last summer in LA after talking to a Bridgestone rep who was really touting their new SlipRes cover that is supposed to be much more durable and I really disliked the ball around the greens. I just could not get used to the extra roll out compared to the Z Star or TPx. Everywhere else the ball performed similar to the 2 I just mentioned but short game was very difficult to judge. Same thing with the Duo Urethane. If you play a lot of chip and run, the RXS will be just fine but if you play aggressive one hop and stop pitches, flops and chips save your money. I gave mine to my wife.

I bought some yellow RX last year, not sure of model year but same thing. Use to really like em, but now they don't preform as well as used to.

Archived