TESTERS WANTED! ×

Srixon Z565 driver

casey_0507

So besides the Most Wanted Driver results I have not seen much out there on this driver.  Just snagged one a week or two ago and have hit some balls into my woods and got 27 holes under my belt with it.  

I swing in the 105-110 range more often than not, but have  a tendency to flip with the driver probably partly to do with an over the top movement sometimes.  This flip cause me to seriously spin the driver sometimes, I'm talking in the 5,000+ range seriously killing distance for me.  If you remove the spin, I'm normally a pretty decent driver of the ball and what I mean by that is I hit the center of the face pretty frequently and keep it fairly straight, although I do consider the driver to be the worst part of my game, or maybe right behind greenside chips.

So I bought the Z565 in 9.5* with the Kaula Mizu 6x (flex code 6666), butt cut an inch off so now it is right at 44" or maybe slightly over.  I have found that shorter drivers seem to help some with my OTT/flipping issue.  

Performance

So after 27 holes I am absolutely impressed with this driver,  I'm not going to into too many small details, but this driver seems to just fit me perfect and very rarely if ever do I seem to be hitting those super spinny drives that keep climbing in the air.  Out of the 27 holes, I've had 3 drives that far exceeded previous bests on holes by a large margin and many more holes where I was in proximity to longest drives ever on certain holes.  I do want to mention, ground is hard right now and a couple holes had a nice tail wind, but remove both of those factors and I'd still say watching the ball flight that they would have still been very long for me.

Sound/Feel

Overall, the sound is a bit higher pitched than many of the newer Carbon Crown drivers and maybe a bit more metallic.  When nutted the sound is fantastic and gives great feedback.  When mishit a bit the sound becomes a bit harsher which I like as it helps ID good drives from bad, but not so harsh as to sound horrible

Looks

Classic looking head with no markings on top, black crown looks great with silver face.

Link to pics in post 10

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/19946-srixon-z565-driver/?do=findComment&comment=298140

I was desperate when I bought this driver and it was sort of a last resort effort to find something that works as I've been struggling, and am so glad I bought it (never would have if not for the MGS tests which I usually like reading through but don't let it influence me too much).  I would love to see this added to the CG location chart as maybe this drivers CG is just a perfect match for my swing.

Srixon Z565 9.5* Miyazaki Kaula Mizu 6x

Cobra F7 13.5* Aldila Tour Blue 75x

Cobra F6 Baffler 17.5* Aldila Tour Blue 85x

Cobra Amp Forged 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff

Vokey SM6 50, 54. 58

Nice write up Casey, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls

Got any photos you can share?

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

How do you find the feel in the Kaula Mizu 6x?

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

Did you add any weight to the head after cutting your shaft to 44 inches?

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Did you add any weight to the head after cutting your shaft to 44 inches?

Just cut it off and swing weights to about D0-D1 according to my crappy golfworks swing weight scale.  I may try adding a couple grams of lead tape to it just to test but am loving it as is.

Vokey SM6 50, 54. 58

How do you find the feel in the Kaula Mizu 6x?

It's actually pretty impressive for a stock offering.  Very stable and firm feel without being too boardy and has a great feel through impact 

Vokey SM6 50, 54. 58

Give me some time and I'll get some outdoor pics for better lighting

Comparison pic to F7

IMG_5758.JPG

At Address

IMG_5762.JPG

Some Glamour Shots

IMG_5759.JPGIMG_5760.JPGIMG_5761.JPG

Vokey SM6 50, 54. 58

Just cut it off and swing weights to about D0-D1 according to my crappy golfworks swing weight scale.  I may try adding a couple grams of lead tape to it just to test but am loving it as is.

Just add a couple of two inch strips at a time starting from the heel. It sounds better and having a similar swing weight to factory specs does wonders. 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Just add a couple of two inch strips at a time starting from the heel. It sounds better and having a similar swing weight to factory specs does wonders. 

I actually don't mind the current feel.  Srixon states standard swingweight is D5 at 45" but when I weighed my head it is around 199g and with adapter is around 205g they state.  This leads me to believe the Miyazaki Kaula Mizu is a pretty tip heavy shaft that contributes to the swingweight.  Most driver heads I have in the 199g range at 45" are around the D3 mark

Vokey SM6 50, 54. 58

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to come back in and post an update.  45 holes in and one very minor range session and am still in love.  I feel like hitting a fairway now off the tee is like hitting a green with a 9 iron

Vokey SM6 50, 54. 58

• 1 month later...

Bumping this thread to give this driver some more love and declare it my driver for the remainder of 2017..at least!!

I've been using it as my gamer since getting it in early June and was very satisfied with the ball flight, but honestly didn't feel it was giving me a whole lot more yards than the 917 D3 I had been playing, but I liked the higher and straighter flight.

Well this weekend, it proved without a doubt it's merrit in winning the Most Wanted Driver label.

I played in an outing with a couple Spies and some other guys from another unnamed site..ha.  it was out of town so I had to "pack" the clubs for it, and a few had wanted to try the 917 so I threw both in the bag.   

Having an open spot in the bag, right now, I kept both in the bag at the range, and was hitting the 917 OK after a few guys tried it.   So I decided it had been a while since I gamed it and why not go with it off the 1st tee, well I'll save you entire hole by hole recaps.  But I abandoned the 917 after 6 holes with these results.

1-5 Fairways hit, and the longest drive was 204 yards (I'm not long hitter by any means but that's even on the low side for me) Oh and for what it's worth I was 11 over par after 5 holes all due to poor tee shots....Disclaimer certainly not all the 917 fault, many were my lovely swing...ha

Switched to the 565 on hole 8 and hit 8 of the final 9 fairways, and had drives of 228, 236 and 241 (all measured by GPS)  those drives and some pretty decent putting after about the 6th hole, Ied to a back nine of 45 with a double on 17 and triple on 18, due to poor approach shots. 

So the Z565 clearly was the better performing driver for me on Saturday, and don't have any plans to take it out of the bag.

Oh and by the way, it was paired with the Z Star the entire round, and hitting some good wedges with that ball really showed me how well it performs.  It's most likely going to be my ball the rest of the year as well.   Anyone want a good deal on some personalized ProV1X's....LOL

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

That Z Star is something else isn't it?

It's is indeed!!  I used to play it all the time, until going back to ProV due to a hook up.    But I think Im going to take advantage of the Buy 3 and get personalized promo they have going. 

Does anyone have first hand testing between the 565 and the 765? Is it visually smaller?

765 is smaller.  Smaller sole, smaller top line and smaller blade length.

565 is similar to i200/900 forged - 765 is more like the iblade/900 Tour.  

565 has less offset than i200

Edit: Just realized you were talking about the drivers.

765 has a deeper face and is 445cc - 565 is shallower and is 460cc

765 is smaller. Smaller sole, smaller top line and smaller blade length.

565 is similar to i200/900 forged - 765 is more like the iblade/900 Tour.

565 has less offset than i200

Edit: Just realized you were talking about the drivers.

765 has a deeper face and is 445cc - 565 is shallower and is 460cc

Good info nonetheless! Thanks!

- Alan

I think Cnosil may have been playing the 765 driver on Saturday, I kept meaning to ask him, he had a 355 head cover but he could have just been going low profile, but I swear i saw the bottom of a 765, but then again my eyes are getting old and bad.  Whichever one it was, he was pounding it.  Long and straight!!

I think Cnosil may have been playing the 765 driver on Saturday, I kept meaning to ask him, he had a 355 head cover but he could have just been going low profile, but I swear i saw the bottom of a 765, but then again my eyes are getting old and bad. Whichever one it was, he was pounding it. Long and straight!!

Nope. I play the game improvement 355. I tried both the 5 and 7 when I participated in the most wanted. Been to long to give a side by side comparison I liked the 565 better but the shafts weren't really my favorite and I had low launch angle with them. Both solid drivers would just need to be properly fit.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Nope. I play the game improvement 355. I tried both the 5 and 7 when I participated in the most wanted. Been to long to give a side by side comparison I liked the 565 better but the shafts weren't really my favorite and I had low launch angle with them. Both solid drivers would just need to be properly fit.

LOL...Now I see it in the signatre..ha   Yeah, I meant to actually ask you about it, but forgot.  I can't believe how horrible I am for such a club geek, of forgetting to check out what the exact bag of the other players are..Especially the ones in the same cart.   I did notice the X Hot Pro irons though and the RTX wedge.   

• 1 month later...

So just wanted to come in and update this thread now that my year is pretty much winding down.

I didn't get to play as much as I wanted to this year but played enough to give the Z565 a full run for it's money.  I feel like the Z565 does nothing amazing, but is just an amazing driver.  Admittedly, this was the first year of me playing a shorter driver (44") and in the past usually stayed around 45" or 44.5".  

Distance - I would say this was my best year ever distance wise (I'm talking 10-15 yards on average).  I think there were a few variables that helped, more center strikes, shorter club is easier for me to swing harder, and...

Spin - I attribute this as the main factor of my distance gain.  I swing in the 110 range, but often spin the heck out of a golf ball with the driver (talking 4k-5k).  I think between working on a swing flaw and the shorter shaft, I was delivering the head in a much better position.  Also, I think this head while not super low spin, has some very nice low spin characteristics

Forgiveness - I'd say Ping G/G LS Tec and M2 type forgiveness.  Just a great head top to bottom and heel to toe

Launch - I'd call it mid flightish, not high and not low.

Accuracy - I hit a ton of fairways this year and very rarely if ever lost a ball OB.  Probably my best accuracy year as well in a very long time.  Again, is it the head or the 44" playing length, IDK, but I loved it.

Overall, I think in a few years this will kind of be a mythical beast.  Not many people played it, those who did gave it great reviews, and in 2-4 years someone will find one and this will become a cult classic.  Who knows though!!

Vokey SM6 50, 54. 58

• 4 months later...

So I haven't had a chance to play since my last post, but I have to keep coming back to read my own review to scratch the itch that is winter+new clubs being released. If I do buy a new driver, I'll definitely try and come back and do a head to head review. The F8 line has piqued my interest

Vokey SM6 50, 54. 58

Keep us updated! Thanks for the review last Fall

Driver: Searching
Wood: Cobra Fly-Z 3 wood factory stiff shaft
Hybrid: Cobra Baffler 3-hybrid factory stiff shaft
Irons: Cobra F8 One Length 5-GW
Wedges: 52,56,60 Mizuno mp t5
Putter: Sentio Red (Medium)
Ball: Bridgestone E6 Speed, and Titleist Pro V1

I can't believe how horrible I am for such a club geek, of forgetting to check out what the exact bag of the other players are..

This is a good thing! It means you are too worried about playing great.

Krank Formula X Veylix Alpina 573 45" 9*

:755178188_TourEdge:CBX 3 Wood Matrix HD Radix S VIII 43" 15*

Krank Formula X 5 Wood Matrix HD Radix S VIII 42" 18*

Wishon Golf 775HS 3H Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid X-Flex  39.75" 21*

Wishon Golf 585HI 3DI  same shaft as irons 38.25" 21*

Wishon Golf 575 MMC Forged 5-A N.S.Pro Modus 3 Tour 120X

Wishon Golf Micro-Groove HM S, L same shaft as irons 

:EVNROLL: ER7B Gravity Grip 35"

• 1 month later...

Loved testing this driver. Was a bit skeptical at first, but Ball Speed / Distance were just as competitive as any of the TM or Titliest drivers I have played with. 

I'm a bit of a Cobra ho when it comes to clubs admittedly and just got a smoking deal on a F8+ with HZRDUS Yellow.  My buddy as an M3 and G400 Max.  Gonna take those three, my Z565, and my other buddy's M1 '17 onto his launch monitor in a couple weeks.  May do our own Most Wanted Driver article

Vokey SM6 50, 54. 58

• 3 months later...

So I'm late to the game in posting this, but I bought one of these not too long after it was named the "Most Wanted" last year.  Bought it online, with no prior testing, strictly on the basis of its Most Wanted win, and the fact that I'd owned Cleveland drivers in the past, with Miyazaki shafts, and had good luck with them.   I got a 10.5 and stock R-Flex Miyazaki shaft.  I'm 60 years old and swing in the 95-100mph range.  I have it set to standard 10.5* loft.

I've had this driver in play ever since getting it, and have never looked elsewhere.  It's by far the most accurate driver I've hit in years, and I hit it for good (for me) distance as well.  Average in the 250-260 area.  I feel no need to look to Ping G400, Taylormade Mx, Rogue, etc.  This thing flat-out works.  

Thanks, MGS!    (UPDATE to say I've changed the loft setting to the standard 10.5 degree after some swing and setup changes. Working out even better for distance and accuracy.)

Edited by gbtrsc

------------------------------

Driver:   Titleist TSr2 11 - UST Helium 5F3

Fairway: Titleist TS2 16.5 and 21 - Evenflow Riptide CB R

Irons: Titleist U505 4U and T300 5-GW - Aerotech SteelFiber i80 R

Wedges:  Cleveland Black RTX ZipCore 54 and Full Face 58 - True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge 

Putter:  Odyssey TriHot 5K TripleWide

Bag:  Titleist 15 Cart

• 2 weeks later...