TESTERS WANTED! ×

Do some people over exaggerate (slightly)

Big money

Serious question.Reading some forums (both golf and non golf related ).I never knew there were so many professionals or semi professional-top rated amateur on forums.Their history (from what they post) makes it sound like they have the potential to be a championship contender.Almost makes you feel intimidated when you post your honesty on how your abilities are.They usually have nonvideo that shows their superstar abilities.But their posts have all the info both scientific and personal experience.Its quite amazing really.

Same also goes in describing ones career work.Many sound like they should be running a Fortune 500 company.Oops, some posted they do run Fortune 500 companies but never say which one.Also have trophy wife-yaughts-several homes in gated communities-prefect body. Etc

Their posts are so perfect that they have appearance you should never doubt them.Its amazing; but yet fun to read.Am I maybe being to critical?Or are there that many talented-successful people posting online?

Keep it in the short stuff

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's the internet truths. Take it with a grain of salt. Now, to get back to my 110ft yacht sipping Cristal... Ha ha ha

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Everyone is telling the truth as they know it.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I notice some posts might even be the fabled cut and paste.Is it just not en vogue to post one is just not good at something?Or maybe post your not the CEO or owner of several multi million dollar corporations?Maybe everyone needs to be forced to use real name.Than how many have multiple user names and just chat with themselves

What an different world.Is it an form of escaping real life or ego builder ?

I'm like Al Pacino in Scarface. "I always tell the truth... even when I lie"

I've found that golfers in general have a tendency to exaggerated a lot of things. I'm guilty.

I'm not a Pro, would like to be but I'll never have the game/time to do it.

I want a yacht, but a canoe will do...

That's the truth.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

People exaggerate all the time even outside of the online world.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I'm like Al Pacino in Scarface. "I always tell the truth... even when I lie"

I've found that golfers in general have a tendency to exaggerated a lot of things. I'm guilty.

I'm not a Pro, would like to be but I'll never have the game/time to do it.

I want a yacht, but a canoe will do...

That's the truth.

ok.I shoot 65 or lower without trying.Have a home on the coast of Atlantis.Have a tiger named Burt.Am hung like a horse and have a whole palace of fine middle eastern woman.And the pros at Golf Tec come to me for first hand advice. If you believe that than thank you. I'm getting this

Serious question.Reading some forums (both golf and non golf related ).I never knew there were so many professionals or semi professional-top rated amateur on forums.Their history (from what they post) makes it sound like they have the potential to be a championship contender.Almost makes you feel intimidated when you post your honesty on how your abilities are.They usually have nonvideo that shows their superstar abilities.But their posts have all the info both scientific and personal experience.Its quite amazing really.

Same also goes in describing ones career work.Many sound like they should be running a Fortune 500 company.Oops, some posted they do run Fortune 500 companies but never say which one.Also have trophy wife-yaughts-several homes in gated communities-prefect body. Etc

Their posts are so perfect that they have appearance you should never doubt them.Its amazing; but yet fun to read.Am I maybe being to critical?Or are there that many talented-successful people posting online?

you've obviously never been on Match.com. I don't care how folks present themselves on Golf Spy. If it's on topic, open minded, kind, and/or funny, I'll enjoy reading it. I know there are lots of really good players out there.

I have the luxury of knowing that I was born a poor country boy and that I will die a poor country boy.    The luxury is the fact that when you are born and raised in the foot hills of Virginia, you are perceived as just a hillbilly that likes to go to races just to watch people go around in circles and not much is expected of you.   My high school baseball coach once said to me--if you are really good at something, you don't need to say a word, others will let you know.   While I am not wealthy in a financial context, in my professional life, I have met some genuinely wealthy people.   Typically they have the same characteristic.   They do not advertise their wealth because they know if you have money, many without money will want some of theirs.  

Is online golf majority very good players? You rarely read about bad golf.Or maybe most don't post if they don't do well.Just seems everyone talks so high and confident about their games.Im bad and can't hide it I guess

Is online golf majority very good players? You rarely read about bad golf.Or maybe most don't post if they don't do well.Just seems everyone talks so high and confident about their games.Im bad and can't hide it I guess

You must not have read about my first 2 outings of the year... I can be bad, really bad.

- Alan

To me, ya never know. I feel like we get a lot less exaggerators here than places like wrx and what not. Over time you can sort of figure out if someone is telling the truth or not. 

Honestly, the longer you stay the more you will learn people's real names and stuff about them. 

Now excuse me while I go hit the back 9 at Augusta, check yall later  :lol:

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

I would say no to your question. I read other forums and there many questions asked by people that are not very good or knowledgeable golfers. I would say that there are a lot of people that acknowledge they aren't good golfers.

I think what I see more is golfers providing tips when they probably shouldn't

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I wouldn't say that I am that great of a player, but Chuck Norris does come to me for swing advice.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

I wouldn't say that I am that great of a player, but Chuck Norris does come to me for swing advice.

I thought I was the only one he came to see  :(

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

I thought I was the only one he came to see  :(

That two timing SOB....I should just kick his a$$ next time

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

... Golf is sich a unique endeavor. I just barely play to a + index and have plenty of great rounds and shots. But I also have more than a few really bad shots. It is the big difference between even guys on the mini tours and myself. I played Kemper Lakes with a guy trying to get thru Q School. I shot a 73 on a tough course set up for a PGA Championship. 73 was as low as I could have shot with a chip in and a few good breaks. The guy I was playing with shot the easiest looking 65 I have ever seen. It could have been a few strokes lower had he used less than driver on several holes.

... He didn't make it thru the first regional qualifier missing it by 1 stroke and there are a ;to more players of his caliber out there. I have never seen this guy hit a bad shot. Sure he may hit it too far or short, pull it a little or push it but every single shot was dead center and crazy long. I on the other hand still mishit the ball virtually every round. The equalizer for guys like me is Index is an example of my very best. My 79 on a bad day is thrown out with my other 9 highest scores. So I may talk about a round or equipment and use example of good play but there are always bad swings/rounds/shots. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

I think it's totally possible.

I just attended Callaway's Kings of Distance Event today (will make a separate post) and it was truly humbling experience. Looking at amateurs swing 120mph and more than 300 yards every time into the wind... left me speechless.

Just makes you realize how big the world really is... thousands of players better than oneself and they still suck to be on tour.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

I just changed my handicap on my profile.Now I feel better about myself whatever I type.Gives it that extra punch I would say.Try and top that you plus handicappers

Careful.. PlaidJacket loves calling people out for having BS handicaps listed on their profile  :lol:

There is actually another thread that I believe Plaid started where everyone posts up to date handicaps. You'll see everything from + to 30s. 

Careful.. PlaidJacket loves calling people out for having BS handicaps listed on their profile  :lol:

There is actually another thread that I believe Plaid started where everyone posts up to date handicaps. You'll see everything from + to 30s.

updated.Now back to chopper status

People only every say what they want you to know... can't imagine many people will be too open about self-criticism? Kinda like the mystery spike marks the pro's find on the pristine greens we see on tv?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

I think the key is to take it with a grain of Salt.. Can I hit the golf ball 300+ yards? Yes, about twice a year.. Can i make a 50' double breaking putt? Yes but not very often.. Am i a good golfer? Hell No.. but I enjoy myself, have fun, And don't care if you believe me or not.. DO i exaggerate, because I'm human, and that's how my mind remembers things happening..  

I do not think everyone on the internet is an A$$hole, but there are a lot.. I am a firm believer in the "Trust but Verify category". If my friend tells me he hit a 325 yrd drive I'd believe him. If you did I'd take it at face Value until we played together and you hit something anywhere close to it.. 

Don't get all caught up in what others say. It's not worth the head ache. Be yourself and a good person and it doesn't matter.. 

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

Golf forums fundamentally are the only type that I participate.   Moreover, my primary goal beyond interesting discussion is to meet and find golf buds.  For what its worth, this site is my primary site.   I have a couple of close friends and golf buds on this site with whom I have known and played golf for over a decade.   They know me, they know my game, and have a rather good perception of my lifestyle.  If I were prone to exaggeration on this site, the next time we play, I can imagine I would hear-what was that bovine manure you were posting.

updated.Now back to chopper status

hahaha I personally don't care. Just saying watch out play PJ. 

You can put +9 for all I care  B)

I believe the point to keep in mind is that every single golfer's handicap, stories, experience, and knowledge is based on their own life. How much of that is "honest sharing" is dependent on that person's integrity.

In my personal experience (I'm not making a blanket statement so don't take offense if it refers to your demographic), the higher someone's "handicap" the more apt they are to exaggerate about how far they hit the ball and be the first person to share a "compelling story" about something they have done (doesn't matter how long ago it was). This doesn't make them dishonest, just overzealous about their abilities.

Handicaps are also biased in my opinion because they "assume" a lot of things. For example, a person could be a "0" handicap at their home club which is a modest 6,200 yards from the tips and brag about it. But if they were to tee it up at another course which is tipped at 7,300 yards their "0" could be a vanity handicap.

I like to think people aren't intentionally lying about their game or experiences but that isn't for us to judge friends.

Sent from my Sprint LG G5 mobile device

Archived