Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Do some people over exaggerate (slightly)

Big money

Hell I'm the Tower of Power & The Man of the Hour!     I kick arse and take folks to the Woodshed.  Nuff said [bOOM!]

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hell I'm the Tower of Power & The Man of the Hour!     I kick arse and take folks to the Woodshed.  Nuff said [bOOM!]

not sure how to interpret this one.But if you like to kick arse and take names later.Than I'm all behind you 100%.Just hope you don't have any heavy fire arms in your basement or excessive rage issues

Another good way to end the thread

Keep it in the short stuff

I just changed my handicap on my profile.Now I feel better about myself whatever I type.Gives it that extra punch I would say.Try and top that you plus handicappers

How do you change your handicap? Mine has dropped since I joined, and I would like to update it. Thanks Big money!

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

not sure how to interpret this one.But if you like to kick arse and take names later.Than I'm all behind you 100%.Just hope you don't have any heavy fire arms in your basement or excessive rage issues

Another good way to end the thread

You'll be my Chief of Staff  ;) 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Always gonna be people like that but there are plenty of good fellas here too

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

How do you change your handicap? Mine has dropped since I joined, and I would like to update it. Thanks Big money!

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Go into your Profile, under Settings.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

I've had quite a life, experience wise, especially working for the military and for myself back home and this is the best piece of advice I can give anyone.

Believe nothing of what you hear and only 10% of what you see.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I believe the point to keep in mind is that every single golfer's handicap, stories, experience, and knowledge is based on their own life. How much of that is "honest sharing" is dependent on that person's integrity.

Handicaps are also biased in my opinion because they "assume" a lot of things. For example, a person could be a "0" handicap at their home club which is a modest 6,200 yards from the tips and brag about it. But if they were to tee it up at another course which is tipped at 7,300 yards their "0" could be a vanity handicap.

... I think most players serious enough about their game to get near a 0 index have plenty of integrity and are the last people to brag about their game. Now a poser claiming to be a 9 so he can boast to be a single digit index player may be prone to exaggeration or outright lying but I have never run across a scratch player that is carrying a vanity index. You would just be too easily exposed. 

... And a 0 index from 6200 yards if they are the appropriate tees is absolutely a legit index. I find that one of the wonderful advantages of this game compared to others. As we age and lose our power, we can compensate with good iron play and a stellar short game. Of course the index is calculated with length being a major factor. Shooting a 72 from from 6932 goes against a rating of 72.6 while shooting 72 from 6137 goes against a rating of 69.5 so it is hard to cheat the system simply for bragging purposes. 

... That said, this is the internet with anonymous posters able to say anything they want. But again, on a forum where people get to know you, a poser is pretty easily exposed. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

To me, ya never know. I feel like we get a lot less exaggerators here than places like wrx and what not. Over time you can sort of figure out if someone is telling the truth or not.

Honestly, the longer you stay the more you will learn people's real names and stuff about them.

Now excuse me while I go hit the back 9 at Augusta, check yall later

Have fun!!

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Have fun!!

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Oh I did. 29 on the back was a nice way to finish the round off  ;)

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

So you stopped after the 13th hole?

Nah it was my back 9 at Augusta. Had a hotter putter on the way to a 63  ;)

Me Warren and Bill had a little money game going. I managed to get the best of em  :lol:

• SPY VIP

I don't think anyone exaggerates around here.

I made millions off a few tech startup few years back, dabbled in some acting (mostly commercial stuff) but the residual cheques pay for the golf, I married Miss Canada and drove the 429 yard first hole at the course I grew up on not once, but twice. Did I mention I'm a +7 cap?

This morning I shot 61 at the club (after my 10K run), it was playing a little over 7100 today and there was a strong 25MPH wind blowing from the NE.

Anyways just had a little breakfast and after a nap into the water for some snorkeling.

Cheers  :D

boatlunch.jpg

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

... I think most players serious enough about their game to get near a 0 index have plenty of integrity and are the last people to brag about their game. Now a poser claiming to be a 9 so he can boast to be a single digit index player may be prone to exaggeration or outright lying but I have never run across a scratch player that is carrying a vanity index. You would just be too easily exposed.

... And a 0 index from 6200 yards if they are the appropriate tees is absolutely a legit index. I find that one of the wonderful advantages of this game compared to others. As we age and lose our power, we can compensate with good iron play and a stellar short game. Of course the index is calculated with length being a major factor. Shooting a 72 from from 6932 goes against a rating of 72.6 while shooting 72 from 6137 goes against a rating of 69.5 so it is hard to cheat the system simply for bragging purposes.

... That said, this is the internet with anonymous posters able to say anything they want. But again, on a forum where people get to know you, a poser is pretty easily exposed.

I'm not disagreeing, but I've never liked the whole course rating system as it is. Your example references almost 800 yards in course length difference but only 3 strokes of rating. I would think for a lot of people that 800 yards of difference would cause more than three strokes gained.

Sent from my Sprint LG G5 mobile device

I'm not disagreeing, but I've never liked the whole course rating system as it is. Your example references almost 800 yards in course length difference but only 3 strokes of rating. I would think for a lot of people that 800 yards of difference would cause more than three strokes gained.

... I agree that for "a lot of players" 800 yds is more than 3 strokes and the higher the index the more the difference in most cases. But if you are a 0 index you can play any course and get up and down on the par 4's of a longer course and you can play par 5's the same way you play them at a shorter length with a longer tee shot where driver is necessary and maybe a longer 3rd shot. Par 3's can be problematic at over 200 yds but that is more rare than standard for mot courses. I can certainly see a scratch player shooting a 71 on a 6100 yd course and shooting a 74 on a 6900 yd course. Which would come out as the same score when posting. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

I don't think anyone exaggerates around here.

I made millions off a few tech startup few years back, dabbled in some acting (mostly commercial stuff) but the residual cheques pay for the golf, I married Miss Canada and drove the 429 yard first hole at the course I grew up on not once, but twice. Did I mention I'm a +7 cap?

This morning I shot 61 at the club (after my 10K run), it was playing a little over 7100 today and there was a strong 25MPH wind blowing from the NE.

Anyways just had a little breakfast and after a nap into the water for some snorkeling.

Cheers  :D

attachicon.gifboatlunch.jpg

Stop being so modest.   You did not mention your Florida ocean front estate and your interest in the State's professional hockey teams.  With your resources, most assuredly you do not spend the winter in Canada.  Plus I know that you're the type of guy that makes sure your fellow Canadian snowbirds have professional hockey available.

• SPY VIP

Stop being so modest.   You did not mention your Florida ocean front estate and your interest in the State's professional hockey teams.  With your resources, most assuredly you do not spend the winter in Canada.  Plus I know that you're the type of guy that makes sure your fellow Canadian snowbirds have professional hockey available.

I do like to live modestly, I try and only travel once a month (Maui villa), I drive the Maserati only for fancy dinner engagements and use the Lambo instead for grocery runs. 

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

I do like to live modestly, I try and only travel once a month (Maui villa), I drive the Maserati only for fancy dinner engagements and use the Lambo instead for grocery runs. 

Your automobile choices are not bad.   But personally, I prefer the Aston Martin Vanquish for dinner engagements and the McLaren 570GT for grocery runs.   A word of advice, if you're going to live down south, you must have a pick-up truck.   Any of the top of the lines will be fine and take it to Unique Rides for modifications to meet your standards.

• SPY VIP

Your automobile choices are not bad.   But personally, I prefer the Aston Martin Vanquish for dinner engagements and the McLaren 570GT for grocery runs.   A word of advice, if you're going to live down south, you must have a pick-up truck.   Any of the top of the lines will be fine and take it to Unique Rides for modifications to meet your standards.

Will an Escalade with gold dipped 30"'s work?

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Will an Escalade with gold dipped 30"'s work?

Well, if you genuinely want to live the Southern lifestyle, you need a pick-up truck.   An Escalade is not a pick-up.   In Florida, when driving an Escalade, especially one with your modifications, people will think you are an injured pro-golfer or a drug dealer.

OBTW:   It would be great if you were to buy Prince Edwards Island and offer discounted Spy packages.  I know I would consider it a major favor.

Well, if you genuinely want to live the Southern lifestyle, you need a pick-up truck.   An Escalade is not a pick-up.   In Florida, when driving an Escalade, especially one with your modifications, people will think you are an injured pro-golfer or a drug dealer.

We'll let him get a "starter" pick up since he's new to it. A new Ford Raptor should do nicely. 

Gotta be the truth, it's on the internet!!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

• SPY VIP

We'll let him get a "starter" pick up since he's new to it. A new Ford Raptor should do nicely. 

If this is what the common folk in those parts drive it's what I want then to fit in. I really like to be on the same level as the little people when I'm somewhere visiting.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Why is it some who brag online of being business owners - CEO material etc. Will always be the first to sign up for free contests and such?Wouldnt they be the ones who could buy the whole pro shop- or buy the golf course?And why are they the ones throwing themselves as fan boy to win at any cost? Bizarre

Online suck arse is another pathetic thing I read about as well.Being popular with complete strangers

Keep it in the short stuff

• SPY VIP

Why is it some who brag online of being business owners - CEO material etc. Will always be the first to sign up for free contests and such?Wouldnt they be the ones who could buy the whole pro shop- or buy the golf course?And why are they the ones throwing themselves as fan boy to win at any cost? Bizarre

Online suck arse is another pathetic thing I read about as well.Being popular with complete strangers

Us rich are rich because we no how to wisely spend and manage our money. Freebies are the secret to furthering ones wealth.  ;)

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

This thread is killer! :D

I'm just a Cabinetmaker. I make a modest living and I'm a VERY average golfer. I dream of winning the lottery so I can help people and give most of it away. Basically........ I suck. B)

You suck at THIS apparently  :lol:  

Come on now Silver, you can embellish better than that! Sounds like you do some custom cabinetry on the side(hobby) while doing a little high stakes gambling with the winnings going to the charity of your choosing. 

Such a philanthropist  B)

You suck at THIS apparently  :lol:  

Come on now Silver, you can embellish better than that! Sounds like you do some custom cabinetry on the side(hobby) while doing a little high stakes gambling with the winnings going to the charity of your choosing. 

Such a philanthropist  B)

I used to do a lot of "side work".  I don't bother with it anymore ..... I got tired of hearing how "I can get that at Value City for $200.00. Okay..... go get it at Value City, and I'll sit in my recliner with a beer and watch the ball game.

If I do anything for anyone now, it's because I want to do it and I just give it away..... as long as they pay for the materials.

Nice reminder to update my handicap. In Aus it gets updated after every round, so I don't keep it up to date as well as I should.

Somehow I seem to be quicker in updating my profile when my handicap gets lower!

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Archived