Do some people over exaggerate (slightly)

Big money

I just changed my handicap on my profile.Now I feel better about myself whatever I type.Gives it that extra punch I would say.Try and top that you plus handicappers

Careful.. PlaidJacket loves calling people out for having BS handicaps listed on their profile  :lol:

There is actually another thread that I believe Plaid started where everyone posts up to date handicaps. You'll see everything from + to 30s. 

• Like 1

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Careful.. PlaidJacket loves calling people out for having BS handicaps listed on their profile  :lol:

There is actually another thread that I believe Plaid started where everyone posts up to date handicaps. You'll see everything from + to 30s.

updated.Now back to chopper status

Keep it in the short stuff

People only every say what they want you to know... can't imagine many people will be too open about self-criticism? Kinda like the mystery spike marks the pro's find on the pristine greens we see on tv?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

I think the key is to take it with a grain of Salt.. Can I hit the golf ball 300+ yards? Yes, about twice a year.. Can i make a 50' double breaking putt? Yes but not very often.. Am i a good golfer? Hell No.. but I enjoy myself, have fun, And don't care if you believe me or not.. DO i exaggerate, because I'm human, and that's how my mind remembers things happening..  

I do not think everyone on the internet is an A$$hole, but there are a lot.. I am a firm believer in the "Trust but Verify category". If my friend tells me he hit a 325 yrd drive I'd believe him. If you did I'd take it at face Value until we played together and you hit something anywhere close to it.. 

Don't get all caught up in what others say. It's not worth the head ache. Be yourself and a good person and it doesn't matter.. 

• Like 8

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Cobra F8+ Driver Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

Golf forums fundamentally are the only type that I participate.   Moreover, my primary goal beyond interesting discussion is to meet and find golf buds.  For what its worth, this site is my primary site.   I have a couple of close friends and golf buds on this site with whom I have known and played golf for over a decade.   They know me, they know my game, and have a rather good perception of my lifestyle.  If I were prone to exaggeration on this site, the next time we play, I can imagine I would hear-what was that bovine manure you were posting.

• Like 1

updated.Now back to chopper status

hahaha I personally don't care. Just saying watch out play PJ. 

You can put +9 for all I care  B)

• Like 1

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

I believe the point to keep in mind is that every single golfer's handicap, stories, experience, and knowledge is based on their own life. How much of that is "honest sharing" is dependent on that person's integrity.

In my personal experience (I'm not making a blanket statement so don't take offense if it refers to your demographic), the higher someone's "handicap" the more apt they are to exaggerate about how far they hit the ball and be the first person to share a "compelling story" about something they have done (doesn't matter how long ago it was). This doesn't make them dishonest, just overzealous about their abilities.

Handicaps are also biased in my opinion because they "assume" a lot of things. For example, a person could be a "0" handicap at their home club which is a modest 6,200 yards from the tips and brag about it. But if they were to tee it up at another course which is tipped at 7,300 yards their "0" could be a vanity handicap.

I like to think people aren't intentionally lying about their game or experiences but that isn't for us to judge friends.

Sent from my Sprint LG G5 mobile device

• Like 2

I shoot 70 every time I play 18. That's the truth.

Just because I need to play 17, and 18 to finish doesn't mean I didn't shoot 70.

• Like 5

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I shoot 70 every time I play 18. That's the truth.

Just because I need to play 17, and 18 to finish doesn't mean I didn't shoot 70.

Good way to end it. Lock thread, can't top this one

• Like 1

Hell I'm the Tower of Power & The Man of the Hour!     I kick arse and take folks to the Woodshed.  Nuff said [bOOM!]

• Like 1

Cleveland Launcher XL 10.5 Driver
Cleveland Launcher xl halo hy-wood 18 Degree
Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 7- wood
Cleveland Launcher XL Irons 5 - PW 
Cleveland CBX 2 50 & 54 Degree Wedge
Cleveland CBX Full-Face Wedge 58 degree
Cleveland Huntington Beach SOFT Premier 11

Hell I'm the Tower of Power & The Man of the Hour!     I kick arse and take folks to the Woodshed.  Nuff said [bOOM!]

not sure how to interpret this one.But if you like to kick arse and take names later.Than I'm all behind you 100%.Just hope you don't have any heavy fire arms in your basement or excessive rage issues

Another good way to end the thread

• Like 2

I just changed my handicap on my profile.Now I feel better about myself whatever I type.Gives it that extra punch I would say.Try and top that you plus handicappers

How do you change your handicap? Mine has dropped since I joined, and I would like to update it. Thanks Big money!

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

not sure how to interpret this one.But if you like to kick arse and take names later.Than I'm all behind you 100%.Just hope you don't have any heavy fire arms in your basement or excessive rage issues

Another good way to end the thread

You'll be my Chief of Staff  ;) 

• Like 1

Cleveland Launcher XL 10.5 Driver
Cleveland Launcher xl halo hy-wood 18 Degree
Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 7- wood
Cleveland Launcher XL Irons 5 - PW 
Cleveland CBX 2 50 & 54 Degree Wedge
Cleveland CBX Full-Face Wedge 58 degree
Cleveland Huntington Beach SOFT Premier 11

Always gonna be people like that but there are plenty of good fellas here too [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

How do you change your handicap? Mine has dropped since I joined, and I would like to update it. Thanks Big money!

Go into your Profile, under Settings.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

I've had quite a life, experience wise, especially working for the military and for myself back home and this is the best piece of advice I can give anyone.

Believe nothing of what you hear and only 10% of what you see.

• Like 1

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0

Hybrid: Maltby KE4 HDI 4 and 5 UST Recoil 660 F4
Irons: Maltby DBM Forged UST Recoil 660 F4
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S

Wedge: SCOR4161 46° and 50° 
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Go into your Profile, under Settings.

Thanks!

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

I believe the point to keep in mind is that every single golfer's handicap, stories, experience, and knowledge is based on their own life. How much of that is "honest sharing" is dependent on that person's integrity.

Handicaps are also biased in my opinion because they "assume" a lot of things. For example, a person could be a "0" handicap at their home club which is a modest 6,200 yards from the tips and brag about it. But if they were to tee it up at another course which is tipped at 7,300 yards their "0" could be a vanity handicap.

... I think most players serious enough about their game to get near a 0 index have plenty of integrity and are the last people to brag about their game. Now a poser claiming to be a 9 so he can boast to be a single digit index player may be prone to exaggeration or outright lying but I have never run across a scratch player that is carrying a vanity index. You would just be too easily exposed. 

... And a 0 index from 6200 yards if they are the appropriate tees is absolutely a legit index. I find that one of the wonderful advantages of this game compared to others. As we age and lose our power, we can compensate with good iron play and a stellar short game. Of course the index is calculated with length being a major factor. Shooting a 72 from from 6932 goes against a rating of 72.6 while shooting 72 from 6137 goes against a rating of 69.5 so it is hard to cheat the system simply for bragging purposes. 

... That said, this is the internet with anonymous posters able to say anything they want. But again, on a forum where people get to know you, a poser is pretty easily exposed. 

• Like 1

Driver:     :cobra-small: LTDx 10.5* ... LinQ M40X 6F3
Fairway:  :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 15/16.5/18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Utility:      :taylormade-small: UDi 18* ... Even Flow Black 85R
                 :taylormade-small: DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
                  :taylormade-small: Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Ltd 75R
Irons:        :cobra-small: 5-Pw Forged Tec ... Steelfiber i80R
Wedges:   :taylormade-small: MG3 50*/MG3 58* LB ... Steelfiber i95R
Putter:      :cleveland-small: Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:           :taylormade-small: Maxfli Tour '22/TP5x '21

To me, ya never know. I feel like we get a lot less exaggerators here than places like wrx and what not. Over time you can sort of figure out if someone is telling the truth or not.

Honestly, the longer you stay the more you will learn people's real names and stuff about them.

Now excuse me while I go hit the back 9 at Augusta, check yall later [emoji38]

Have fun!!

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1