TESTERS WANTED! ×

The Golf Club 2 (Video Game)

null

For the love of God, don't pre order! Pre ordering is allowing software developers to release incomplete games. The trend that needs to be set by gamers of all kinds is that we are in control of our money, not that they will dictate what we buy. As an example, are you going to go out and just pre order your next golf clubs without ever having tried them or without solid extensive reviews by other players? Please stop killing the game industry because you just have to have that pre order bonus skin or club or whatever stupid perk they try to gimmick you with. Please please please!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They probably had enough pre orders to make that all possible. Let's encourage more to jump on the bandwagon so that post game updates take even longer. Why fix it if it's making money as is. How about we all wait and make sure it's actually worth our money?

I agree, I stopped preordering games several cod games ago and it has saved me money over the past few years that cod has sucked

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Bryan Pool

Ping G20 Driver

Bombtech hybrids

Ping G20 green dot irons/wedges

Cleveland Huntington beach 6 putter 

I found that when I go to my brick & mortar Gamestop, they hand me the game when I buy it, and it has all of the pre-order crap in the case already.

That said, I had Amazon credit so I pre-ordered it already.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Am I missing something?I just buy it off of the Xbox online store on release date.Im just curious if it will be a huge graphic upgrade from the first version.And hoping it wont be a minimal update like the Madden series.Never the less,I still fire up the old one occasionally.And every time i do you never have to play the same course twice.Love the 100,000 plus online course user library.Havent played a course yet that I would say was terrible

Keep it in the short stuff

Buying on release date is preferred to pre order but let me explain why a direct purchase from Xbox or the PS store has its pitfalls. When you purchase a digital copy of a game you don't get a hard copy of the game. This means that its value is worth nothing afterwards, zero, zilch, nadda. You can't take 3 used games and get a free one from GameStop or you can't sell them for $5 in a garage sale. Your copy of the game has ZERO residual value. Why does Sony and Microsoft love the idea of this? Because it would put companies like GameStop out of business. GameStop is killing their profit margins on games.

But hey, maybe you got tons of cash to burn and it isn't worth your time to trade or resell your stuff...well how about the fact that once business like GameStop are out of business and Sony and Microsoft and Steam are the remaining goto for games I 100% guarantee game prices will jump drastically. Not to mention net neutrality. Trust me, as a consumer you really should feel the need to have a solid, in hand, piece of merchandise. Who knows, maybe 10-15yrs down the road you'll have a game or two that you can actually sell for more than what you originally paid for it.

Get up of the couch and hit your local store and grab a hard copy. Think of all that hard drive space you'll be able to save. Weeeeeeee

Buying on release date is preferred to pre order but let me explain why a direct purchase from Xbox or the PS store has its pitfalls. When you purchase a digital copy of a game you don't get a hard copy of the game. This means that its value is worth nothing afterwards, zero, zilch, nadda. You can't take 3 used games and get a free one from GameStop or you can't sell them for $5 in a garage sale. Your copy of the game has ZERO residual value. Why does Sony and Microsoft love the idea of this? Because it would put companies like GameStop out of business. GameStop is killing their profit margins on games.

But hey, maybe you got tons of cash to burn and it isn't worth your time to trade or resell your stuff...well how about the fact that once business like GameStop are out of business and Sony and Microsoft and Steam are the remaining goto for games I 100% guarantee game prices will jump drastically. Not to mention net neutrality. Trust me, as a consumer you really should feel the need to have a solid, in hand, piece of merchandise. Who knows, maybe 10-15yrs down the road you'll have a game or two that you can actually sell for more than what you originally paid for it.

Get up of the couch and hit your local store and grab a hard copy. Think of all that hard drive space you'll be able to save. Weeeeeeee

I agree with you somewhat, I like having a hard copy I can trade it later and maybe find a used copy of a game you hadn't bought earlier but now you want to try out.

However, the price of games really should have jumped already and in a way it has. Games just call it DLC. Most games today should cost between 100-120 to purchase the full game, based on how much it costs to develop and maintain the servers. We has gamers have driven that price up by demanding better graphics, servers, decreased load times and better game engines. I mean destiny cost them 500 million to develop and four years later we are on to a second game which cost in the realm of another 500 million to develop. Nobody wants to say a game is worth 100 dollars, especially right up front but we pay in the form of DLC later, just in 15 or 20 dollar increments. 

Bryan Pool

Ping G20 Driver

Bombtech hybrids

Ping G20 green dot irons/wedges

Cleveland Huntington beach 6 putter 

And do you know why Destiny was a piece of crap game that we know for a fact that was chopped up and butchered? Pre orders. It's a known fact that after it was all put together, Activision came in and butchered it all to hell. People pre ordered the crap out of the game because it was Bungie and the demo was kick ass and only supposed to be a mere fraction of the total gameplay. Trust me, I was on that pre order band wagon. That game just happens to be the game that convinced me that my money was best saved by waiting to see the final product first. As a result I managed to avoid the no mans sky fiasco/fraud. I have no doubt that this golf game will be on my list to purchase but I'm still going to wait to see the final product because I don't want to be a part of the masses that are telling publishers that it's okay to screw me over.

You are correct, If companies like Microsoft and Sony get their way, GameStop will be out of business, games will cost upwards of $100 and DLC that actually completes games will be common place. The sad part is that gamers are allowing it to happen because they don't have patience.

For those of you who have the first installment, how was the career mode?

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

I always wait for real reviews before buying a game.

Last golf game I played was Tiger Wood's PGA Tour Online, the one you played on a browser.

I haven't had a console since my PS2, so I think I'll go for PC.

Look forward to your reviews!

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

The developers are doing a live stream tomorrow today show off the news course creation tools!

https://twitter.com/thegolfclubgame/status/877969917592469504

I like that you're so stoked for the game. I've never played the first one, but I am looking forward to it purely off the amount of hype you seem to have for the game.

Would be cool if we had enough people that played on a certain console to host a little tournament between everyone. If that's something that's even possible with this game

Would be cool if we had enough people that played on a certain console to host a little tournament between everyone. If that's something that's even possible with this game

I think if we form a club, we can host our own tourneys. Looks like majority will be on PS4, and I think Big Money is gonna setup the club for Xbone

Man I wish I wasn't stuck at work, I wanna be watching that stream.

Having all three systems (Xbox, PC, PS4) I'm not sure what I will get this on. I wonder if there will be benefits to buying it on PC. Graphics, performance, etc

Driver: Ping G 9.5*

Fairway: TaylorMade AeroBurner

Hybrid: Adams Blue

Irons: TaylorMade Burner 2.0

Wedges: TaylorMade Tour Preferred EF

Putter: Odyssey O-Works #1

Having all three systems (Xbox, PC, PS4) I'm not sure what I will get this on. I wonder if there will be benefits to buying it on PC. Graphics, performance, etc

PC and Ps4 have the higher player bases for this game. Graphics will not be noticeably better on pc, but console frame rates are 30fps while pc frame rate is unlocked

For those of you who have the first installment, how was the career mode?

It was pretty non existent. The first game was pretty basic. It was made better by the course designer and tgctours.com

Check out my personal Equipment Blog and Podcast!

Huntingforbirdies.com

June 27th release date... who has preordered?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I have. Not sure how much I'll be able to play at first....but I'll have the game so I'm down to join any MGS group on ps4

WITB

Driver- PING G400 LST w/ Project X Evenflow Black

Fwy- TM Aeroburner 16.5HL

Irons- Callaway Steelhead XR (3-PW)

Wedges- Callaway MD3 (50,54,58)

Putter- Cleveland TFI Satin Cero

Ball-  Snell MTB-X

FYI - If you're a Prime member, Amazon is selling the game for $31.99