Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Ping G400

Shankster

Oh and the sound is probably my favorite part. You'll love that. Just a solid sound. But that's what a sound lab can do for you!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Yeah, that in addition to the forgiveness are the two overriding things I keep hearing about the driver.  

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just saw a picture of what I think is the G700.... wow. If that is true, that is The Best looking GI/SGI iron I've ever seen... other brands should take note.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

When is that bad boy going to be introduced to the public?

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

no idea. Have you seen the pictures? It looks like the I200/iblade hooked up with the Taylormade 790.

Sent from a Galaxy Far...Far...Away...

Naw dude I haven't see pics however that combo would be killer!

Cleveland

IMG_1401.PNG

Atmos Blue 6S

Atmos Red 7S
 Atmos Blue 8S
Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite S
SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M - 62M

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)

Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)

Pro V1 / Z-Star

Anyone not anymore dang autocorrect. The reason I don't carry a 3 or 4 iron is my swing speed doesn't allow for a drastic difference in distance once I get past the 5 iron. I am thinking Mid to High ball flight.

Do you mind elaborating on what your distances were on the 3i and 4i? I just bought a few new clubs last month and am trying to get some better gaps on the lower end with my wedges, which forced me to give up a club at the other end. I had Ping G5 irons for 10 years and was successful with them, but bought the Ping E1 3i through UW a year ago. I also bought a 56 deg Ping glide. The best part of my overhaul was the a G30 10.5 stiff that was a game changer for me. I end up the season not hitting my 3i very well, which was never an issue with the G5. I also noticed that I was not doing well from 30 yards to 80 yards out. I decided to set my 3i and 4i aside and buy a G30 4h to go along with my 3h. I also have a 3w. Since the weather has been bad in Ohio, I have not been able to try out my new clubs. I can only speculate. 

Saw on Golf Spy T's twitter feed this morning that there is a G400 Max on the USGA conforming clubs list.

I wonder what market this will be targeted at.

It's on the blog home page now.   No information from PING on it yet, just added to the USGA Conforming list.  Probably will be a PGA Show release along with the G700 irons?

I made the comment on blog, I imagine, probably a higher launch with the added weight in the back, with some offset.  Although I think the G400 SFT has the offset part already doesn't it?  Possibly coupled with a higher launching shaft than the standard G400's come with.   

It's on the blog home page now. No information from PING on it yet, just added to the USGA Conforming list. Probably will be a PGA Show release along with the G700 irons?

I made the comment on blog, I imagine, probably a higher launch with the added weight in the back, with some offset. Although I think the G400 SFT has the offset part already doesn't it? Possibly coupled with a higher launching shaft than the standard G400's come with.

I see. I don't believe the SFT has offset, just more heel-ish places weighting.

Saw on Golf Spy T's twitter feed this morning that there is a G400 Max on the USGA conforming clubs list.

I wonder what market this will be targeted at.

It's going to be leaning towards the senior demographic.  Light weight with plenty of help to get the ball airborne.  ;)  

Cleveland

I see. I don't believe the SFT has offset, just more heel-ish places weighting.

Ok, cool.  I haven't seen one in hand yet, but looking forward to seeing the entire line in a couple weeks. 

G400 max and Glide 2.0 Stealth Wedges up on the Ping website.

Wedges look amazing!

Atmos Blue 6S

Atmos Red 7S
 Atmos Blue 8S
Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite S
SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M - 62M

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)

Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)

Pro V1 / Z-Star

A few tour pros have already put the Max in the bag, including Finau. (Free agent but plays mostly Ping)

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

Absolutely love that color scheme on the G400... the black and copper/gold mix is top notch!

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Indeed. Much better than sea foam blue... 🤦🏼‍♂️

The sea foam blue isn't that bad. I'm excited to hit this driver next month. Hearing lots of good things.

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking forward to the day I get my hands on one of these for a few whacks!

Cleveland

I'm looking forward to the day I get my hands on one of these for a few whacks!

Just a solid club. I thing today will be the day I hit the club again! Since I was fit to this club at club champion I am going to do a little more side by side comparison after today's MGS driver testing.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Just a solid club. I thing today will be the day I hit the club again! Since I was fit to this club at club champion I am going to do a little more side by side comparison after today's MGS driver testing.

I'm looking forward to your thoughts.  I will be heading to Club Champion soon and this will definitely be on my plate. I've been putting off my trip so the latest drivers can be available if ya know what I mean.  ;)

Cleveland

I'm looking forward to your thoughts. I will be heading to Club Champion soon and this will definitely be on my plate. I've been putting off my trip so the latest drivers can be available if ya know what I mean. ;)

Will report back. I know what you mean about the newest stuff being available. I will depend on how you approach your fitting. Do you want to try everything or do you want to let the fitter go down a path based on their knowledge. I let the fitter chose based on what we were seeing from a performance perspective. There were lots of models that I never even tried. Once we found a head, the g400 in my case, that was giving me high ball speed we started tweaking spin. My guess is that we probably could have found a few other combinations with other heads that would have worked for me. People have always said the shaft is important and after doing the fitting I lean that way. The head it important, but a lot of the feel is driven by the shaft. This was my takeaway after hitting the same head with various different shafts. With the wrong shaft the whole club can feel terrible and cause you to not give it a second thought.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I'm looking forward to your thoughts.  I will be heading to Club Champion soon and this will definitely be on my plate. I've been putting off my trip so the latest drivers can be available if ya know what I mean.  ;)

OG, Ask if they have the XXIO X driver available.  I believe I saw it on their website.  If they do, please demo it if you can.  I'm curious to see what your results are with it compared to the G400.  I know you have a bit more giddy up in your swing than I do, but they're not too far off. 

OG, Ask if they have the XXIO X driver available.  I believe I saw it on their website.  If they do, please demo it if you can.  I'm curious to see what your results are with it compared to the G400.  I know you have a bit more giddy up in your swing than I do, but they're not too far off. 

I'll do that partner and hopefully they will have all the latest and greatest stuff available. 

Cleveland

Archived