Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Jason Day Super 2 Iron

Shankster

I want to see the ball flight on that. He's gonna need a long run way for takeoff.

<p><strong>D:</strong>    :ping-small:   9* G400 Max w/Xcalibur TSL</p><p> </p><p><strong>F: </strong>  :callaway-small: 14* XR Pro 16 w/Hzrdous Red</p><p><strong>I:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: SLS-01 4-SW w/Paderson SL</p><p><strong>W:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: DGR 59 w/Dynamic Gold SL</p><p><strong>P:</strong> Artisan 0318 or Edel TB</p><p> 

It's insane how far he can hit it. I love my 3 wood and couldn't imagine not having it in the bag. He sounded so happy like a little kid talking about his favourite toy when the reporter asked him about it.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I've never been good with fairway woods off the deck, and struggled with the driver for a while. I can rip a 2 iron from pretty much any lie. I'd be interested in trying that club.

One the search for a used RBZ Tour 3 iron, going to try and bend it to 15°... hope it can hold up to 4° of bending, and whatever I need to do for the bounce. Can't mess up my stock one.

I don't know that he needs it honestly unless he's afraid of 3-wood being too much club for the course (wouldn't be too much of a stretch though with how he hits). Everything I'm reading/hearing from the top players interviewed makes it sound like the fairways are some of the widest they've had in an Open so I don't think it's an accuracy issue (I think). It'll sure be interesting to see how he fits that into the game plan and if it makes a difference.

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

I don't know that he needs it honestly unless he's afraid of 3-wood being too much club for the course (wouldn't be too much of a stretch though with how he hits). Everything I'm reading/hearing from the top players interviewed makes it sound like the fairways are some of the widest they've had in an Open so I don't think it's an accuracy issue (I think). It'll sure be interesting to see how he fits that into the game plan and if it makes a difference.

He says:

"...because I could be very super aggressive with the lines..."

so, I guess, that it is because of accuracy in his case.

I like the idea of a 13.5 deg. iron.

Because I was considering to bend my 16 deg. 1 iron...

He hits everything so high - perhaps he's looking for something to control on the cross winds.

The only way that I could get that thing in the air is to chunk it. :)

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I was leaning toward picking him. I think if he can get the putter rolling this week. He'll be at the top of the list to beat.

Sent from my LG-D850 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

J-Day has been missing his 3 wood left for over a year; just doesn't feel comfortable over it. Maybe he's planning to employ Tiger's Hoylake (avoid the trouble at all costs because from the short grass I can beat anyone) strategy this week.

PXG___0811 X 9* - Mitsubishi Diamana s60 Limited X
Cobra___S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
Adams___XTD Forged 3i - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
Adams___CMB 4-PW - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
KZG___Tri-Tour 50.08__54.10__58.12 - Accra iCWT 2.0-95i S
Nike___Method Converge B1-01 (copper insert)
Maxfli___'23 Tour X
"The most important shot in golf is the next one“

J-Day has been missing his 3 wood left for over a year; just doesn't feel comfortable over it. Maybe he's planning to employ Tiger's Hoylake (avoid the trouble at all costs because from the short grass I can beat anyone) strategy this week.

I could be wrong, but I thought I heard him say he has a graphite shaft in the 2 iron.  So that thing is real luancher for him.  He said, it's a carry of about 270 and with dry condtions will get 30 yards of roll, giving him 300 off the tee.

He said on the par 5 18 depending on the wind, it'll be driver/2 iron to reach the green (640 yards) or 2 iron/2iron to put it just in front of the green...that's just sick. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I could be wrong, but I thought I heard him say he has a graphite shaft in the 2 iron. So that thing is real luancher for him. He said, it's a carry of about 270 and with dry condtions will get 30 yards of roll, giving him 300 off the tee.

He said on the par 5 18 depending on the wind, it'll be driver/2 iron to reach the green (640 yards) or 2 iron/2iron to put it just in front of the green...that's just sick.

Depending what "just in front" means, I could go 2i, 2i and be just in front of the green 😉

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Depending what "just in front" means, I could go 2i, 2i and be just in front of the green

True! I could go driver and if I kept it on the fairway that would be in front of the green, only back about 350 yards

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

Well... it didn't work for him.

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

He hits everything so high - perhaps he's looking for something to control on the cross winds.

The only way that I could get that thing in the air is to chunk it. :)

LOL Rev Knowing you and your game over the years on here I can build you one I would bet even money you could get up. The secret is weight placement and getting the shaft to kick on the bottom end. I built an Infiniti Assure 4 iron for a 70 year old that he hits as far as a hybrid and just as high. Of course that iron has a big flanged bottom with most of the weight placement on the bottom. I had a super light Graffaloy senior flex un tipped i put in it. I also added about 4 grams of lead tape low in the back at the sole end of the cavity. Now that shaft is super light to begin with. he can hit it. I tried it and I can rope hook it off the planet hit it about 150 yards and about as high as a 60* wedge

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I've never been good with fairway woods off the deck, and struggled with the driver for a while. I can rip a 2 iron from pretty much any lie. I'd be interested in trying that club.

One the search for a used RBZ Tour 3 iron, going to try and bend it to 15°... hope it can hold up to 4° of bending, and whatever I need to do for the bounce. Can't mess up my stock one.

Wise move on your part. I would have to look at the basic design of the sole and offset to make a informed decision on if it would or would not mess with it. Remember and this is a rule of thumb depends on the sole design for every degree you deloft a club you take 1* of bounce off. I suspect that his may be a handmade custom version with custom speced offset and bounce. Now if you were strictly using it off a tee the bounce would not be a factor. Now the offset may be a factor depending on basic club design. I have a forged KZG 2 iron I have lofted back to about 15 or so. Now with the offset for me it is strictly a tee only club. It has a purpose for me on certain courses because I can hit a screamer hook with it. I have not thought about it now for a while since I have not hit it since I quit playing comp. As far as off the ground for me I can dig to China with it. I would be interested to see how it works for you since everyone's swing and angle of attack is different

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I'll keep you posted. I sold my 712u 2 iron. Just too clunky. I'm a fan of thin soles. We'll see.

I'm eyeing a 716 CB 2 iron that I could bend 2-3° strong and flatten 1° +.50" make a nice "1" iron.

I'll keep you posted. I sold my 712u 2 iron. Just too clunky. I'm a fan of thin soles. We'll see.

I'm eyeing a 716 CB 2 iron that I could bend 2-3° strong and flatten 1° +.50" make a nice "1" iron.

I can see that. I had to get used to the clunky soles (or at least to me) when I went from blade Macs to the 2013 X forged Callaway irons. Now I thought the Callys were clunky on the sole but I had no issues digging or bouncing. After I did some research on the basic design and total engineering of the club I understood how they worked. And those clubs being custom speced (not for me) and are 2* jacked that took the bounce out on the sole design some. I also talked to our Cally rep who has the engineering stuff down pretty darn well and did some research on the internet. The Cally rep did say that it was funny that with those specs that I could hit them but hey they work for me.

G

Pretty sure those RBZ's are cast. I would think you would need a forged club to handle that much of an adjustment, but I'm no expert.

WITB:

Driver: Taylormade M2 (2016) 10.5° | Fujikura Pro Stiff 60g

Fairway: Taylormade Aeroburner 2.0 TP 16.5° | Diamana Whiteboard Stiff 80g

Hybrid: Titleist 915h 21° | Diamana Blueboard Stiff 80g

Driving Iron: Titleist 712U 3 Iron | Kuro Kage Stiff 70g

Irons: Titleist AP2 714 4-PW | KBS Tour 90 Stiff Shafts

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 50°/54°/58°

Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2 | SuperStroke Mid Slim 2.0 

Ball: Taylormade TP5x

Pretty sure those RBZ's are cast. I would think you would need a forged club to handle that much of an adjustment, but I'm no expert.

They are cast. The 3 iron is 19° to start with. I plan to start with 2° and probably break it before I get to 3 or 4.

716 CB in the sights though. 2 iron is 18°, probably squeeze 15° out of it without too much distortion. 🤞🏼

- Alan

I just found a Mizuno MP-H5 "Hitogami" 1i head with 16* of loft for only $35. I'm going to put a tour issue Hzrdus 85 red, 6.5 shaft I grabbed from eBay on and see how it goes!

Driver:  :ping-small:  G 10.5* W/Tour Stiff 65g Ping Shaft   

Fairway Woods:  :cobra-small:  Cobra F6 13.5*, F6 Baffler 16*  

Irons: Split Set-  :ping-small: i200 3i - 7i ,  :benhogan-small: Ft Worth 15s, 8 (36), 9 (40), PW (44) 

Wedges: :benhogan-small:  TK, 52* & 56*

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin 

Bag:  :ping-small: Hoofer 5way

Balls:  :taylormade-small: TP5/X

Just went out tonight. I am consistently hitting my 3 iron 250-255... 3 wood is around 260 and Driver is around 260... what the F?

I would guess the trajectory on the 3i is very penetrating, meaning much more roll. You are probably carrying the 3w much farther, but less roll out due to a higher launch. Sounds like you might need to look into a new driver shaft or new driver all together?

WITB:

Driver: Taylormade M2 (2016) 10.5° | Fujikura Pro Stiff 60g

Fairway: Taylormade Aeroburner 2.0 TP 16.5° | Diamana Whiteboard Stiff 80g

Hybrid: Titleist 915h 21° | Diamana Blueboard Stiff 80g

Driving Iron: Titleist 712U 3 Iron | Kuro Kage Stiff 70g

Irons: Titleist AP2 714 4-PW | KBS Tour 90 Stiff Shafts

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 50°/54°/58°

Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2 | SuperStroke Mid Slim 2.0 

Ball: Taylormade TP5x

I would guess the trajectory on the 3i is very penetrating, meaning much more roll. You are probably carrying the 3w much farther, but less roll out due to a higher launch. Sounds like you might need to look into a new driver shaft or new driver all together?

I probably get 15-25 yards of roll with the 3 iron.

A new driver for sure. But I need to get fit, and there aren't many nearby fitters.

- Alan

Just went out tonight. I am consistently hitting my 3 iron 250-255... 3 wood is around 260 and Driver is around 260... what the F?

I'm in the same boat. Same distance but I know where my 3w will land vs how inconsistent I've been with the driver

I have a 19degree 3 iron in my Ping i200 they don't do a 2 iron any brands out there have a 2 iron that's worth getting? I struggle with 3 wood so I want something a bit longer so it's not a driver or 3 iron as my tee off choice!

:ping-small:  Hoofer Blue and Grey Stand Bag

:ping-small: I25 9.5 Driver - PWR65 shaft

:ping-small: I25 3 Wood - PWR65 shaft

:ping-small: I200 - 3 to PW - KBS Tour S shafts

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 - 50,54,58 KBS Wedge Shafts

:taylormade-small: DA12 Tour Ghost Putter

:titelist-small: Pro V1

Archived