Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Golf customer service

Rikki03038

I recently had the pleasure of dealing with Callaway's customer service. I'm now a customer for life. I had the blue head big bertha from years ago. 2013 maybe? Loved that driver bought it on sale when out was already a year old. I think I paid $179. After about my eighth round this year I noticed on my arcoss that I'd lost 60 yards. I immediately went to YouTube to try to fix my swing. Didn't work obviously. So I paid for my first lesson ever. In 3 swings the professional says "you know your driver is broken right." Ugh! Never crossed my mind. So thinking I'm buying a new driver and the family accountant will kill me if I spend $500 on a driver I hit ever $350 drivers out there. The manager at the store I but all my clubs from asked if he could send it to Callaway I said sure. I figured maybe they'll send me a $50 gift card. Apparently the Callaway rep told the manager that they would warranty it but they don't have that head anymore. So fit him for the epic. The store gave me a free custom fitting on a $500 club they get no money for. Wow. I'm still speechless. Anyone else had run ins good or bad with golf customer service?

20170612_181152.jpg

Callaway big bertha epic sub zero adilia rogue stiff with 1" tip

cobra f7 3 wood stiff

m2 3 hybrid adilia rogue stiff with half inch tip

Ping ie1 true temper xp 105 s300

mack daddy 2 56 and 60 wedges

stx putter

left handed

Handicap: my swing.

I had a Callaway x2 hot 3 wood that I bought on sale and the xr16 just came out. I played my third round with the 3 wood and the xstiff shaft broke so I took it back to golf galaxy. They called Callaway and got the same answer as you the head isn't made any more so they sent me a xr16 3wood.

Sent from my LG-H820 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Budget Golf customer service is rubbish. I bought a Bettinardi BB55 CB putter for $49, said it included the matching headcover. Those Bettinardi covers are pretty nice. They're a lot like Scotty Cameron covers. Anyway, putter came, headcover didn't. Emailed customer service. They told me they no longer had it in Stock, but that they could reimburse me for $5. After doing some research, I could find a Bettinardi cover for no less than $50. After a few emails, they completely stopped replying! No help whatsoever. Then, I called customer service. I told them my problem and told them how they could make it right. After listening to the agent, Mary, tell me some ridiculous reasons for why she could not reimburse me, she hung up on me! I called her back. Same result. Finally I got them to give me $15, but still terrible customer service. Plus, false advertising on their website... Awesome that you got a free $500 driver! So lucky! :)

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

I recently had the pleasure of dealing with Callaway's customer service. I'm now a customer for life. I had the blue head big bertha from years ago. 2013 maybe? Loved that driver bought it on sale when out was already a year old. I think I paid $179. After about my eighth round this year I noticed on my arcoss that I'd lost 60 yards. I immediately went to YouTube to try to fix my swing. Didn't work obviously. So I paid for my first lesson ever. In 3 swings the professional says "you know your driver is broken right." Ugh! Never crossed my mind. So thinking I'm buying a new driver and the family accountant will kill me if I spend $500 on a driver I hit ever $350 drivers out there. The manager at the store I but all my clubs from asked if he could send it to Callaway I said sure. I figured maybe they'll send me a $50 gift card. Apparently the Callaway rep told the manager that they would warranty it but they don't have that head anymore. So fit him for the epic. The store gave me a free custom fitting on a $500 club they get no money for. Wow. I'm still speechless. Anyone else had run ins good or bad with golf customer service?

attachicon.gif20170612_181152.jpg

cobra f7 3 wood stiff

stx putter

left handed

What was wrong with your old driver?

Sent from my 6045O using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What was wrong with your old driver?

Sent from my 6045O using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Cracked face. Right where the crown and face met on the toe side naturally.

cobra f7 3 wood stiff

stx putter

left handed

Budget Golf customer service is rubbish. I bought a Bettinardi BB55 CB putter for $49, said it included the matching headcover. Those Bettinardi covers are pretty nice. They're a lot like Scotty Cameron covers. Anyway, putter came, headcover didn't. Emailed customer service. They told me they no longer had it in Stock, but that they could reimburse me for $5. After doing some research, I could find a Bettinardi cover for no less than $50. After a few emails, they completely stopped replying! No help whatsoever. Then, I called customer service. I told them my problem and told them how they could make it right. After listening to the agent, Mary, tell me some ridiculous reasons for why she could not reimburse me, she hung up on me! I called her back. Same result. Finally I got them to give me $15, but still terrible customer service. Plus, false advertising on their website... Awesome that you got a free $500 driver! So lucky! :)

... To be fair Budget Golf is a discount warehouse with amazing bargains for a fraction of the price. You bought a $299 or higher priced putter for $49 and you are disappointed the head cover wasn't there? You said your research found the head cover alone is $50 and you wanted a $299 putter and a head cover for the price of a head cover alone? I get it is a little annoying but pay full price for the putter and you get the full package. Their profit margins are razor thin and of course they are usually dealing with discontinued products that OEMs are dumping so they very well may not have even gotten a head cover as they have to make a profit. Great deals for us and if everyone wanted $15 off a $49 purchase they would be out of business and we would lose a great discount store. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

... To be fair Budget Golf is a discount warehouse with amazing bargains for a fraction of the price. You bought a $299 or higher priced putter for $49 and you are disappointed the head cover wasn't there? You said your research found the head cover alone is $50 and you wanted a $299 putter and a head cover for the price of a head cover alone? I get it is a little annoying but pay full price for the putter and you get the full package. Their profit margins are razor thin and of course they are usually dealing with discontinued products that OEMs are dumping so they very well may not have even gotten a head cover as they have to make a profit. Great deals for us and if everyone wanted $15 off a $49 purchase they would be out of business and we would lose a great discount store.

Yes, I see your point. I guess it just annoys me that they falsely advertised a product on their website. I still got a great deal on a fantastic putter, and my homemade putter cover turned out pretty darn good!

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

attachicon.gif20170612_181152.jpg

cobra f7 3 wood stiff

stx putter

left handed

Nice!!! Good luck with the new bomber!

There have been a few other positive stories about Callaway cust svc on this forum - yea for them, as clearly the word spreads.

Anyway, it's possible you had the 2014 model - did it have the sliding weight around the back of the head? - i had one, no problems with it .. but then I didn't use it very much before I traded it in for other clubs .. but now I kinda wish mine had cracked...

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Nice!!! Good luck with the new bomber!

There have been a few other positive stories about Callaway cust svc on this forum - yea for them, as clearly the word spreads.

Anyway, it's possible you had the 2014 model - did it have the sliding weight around the back of the head? - i had one, no problems with it .. but then I didn't use it very much before I traded it in for other clubs .. but now I kinda wish mine had cracked...

Yes the pre-alpha edition.

I had a great experience with footjoy. I bought footjoy freestyles last year and when I went to replace the spikes this year they just kept spinning around in the sole. Called the customer service and gave me an address to send them back. They sent me a new pair and less than a week turn around to get them back!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I had a great experience with footjoy. I bought footjoy freestyles last year and when I went to replace the spikes this year they just kept spinning around in the sole. Called the customer service and gave me an address to send them back. They sent me a new pair and less than a week turn around to get them back!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I'm in need of new shoes.... Lol

• 2 weeks later...

I had the callaway RAZR driver and cracked the face about 3-4 yrs ago. At first they weren't going to warranty it and I was a little disappointed. Actually quite upset. I called them out on social media saying other companies would warranty it. Mind you, I'm a callaway junky and told them I might as well switch to TM. In hindsight, calling them out on Twitter wasn't the best thing to do in a sense, but after a few days they contacted me through twitter and sent me a new big Bertha alpha. That was the newest driver at the time. When it was all said and done they came through for me which I really appreciated. I love Callaway.

Now if only my XR would crack so I can get a free upgrade to the Epic 😂

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I had a 2016 Odyssey Works Versa 2-Ball Lined putter that the mesh on the face came loose on the toe.  I called Callaway Golf and told the customer rep about my putter thinking I would send it back and they would repair the face.  They told me they don't repair them and actually have no more 2 Ball Lined Versa's in stock.  They are sending me a new Odyssey  O-Works Tank #7 Putter, it should be here any day.  

They also provided a shipping label for me to return the old Versa 2-Ball lined putter to them.  I am excited to try the MGS #4 rated putter for 2017 essentially for free as the 2-Ball was absolutely worthless to me.  Thanks Callaway Golf, you rock!

Driver -  :callaway-small:   Rogue ST Max
Woods - :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -   :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                       

Wedges - :cleveland-small:  Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                               

Putter -  Evnroll   ER2
Rangefinder - :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX-10 Slope
Ball -  :vice: Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                           

Bag -  :tour-edge: Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

• 2 weeks later...

Figured I would share this.  I have played mostly Cally drivers my entire life and have never had an issue with their customer service and they have always gone above and beyond for me.  When I cracked my FT-9 they sent me a brand new Alpha with an AD DI 7x in it.  When I played on Sunday my 816 DBD developed a rattle in the head so I pulled the head, took our the gravity core and tried to shake whatever was in there out.  Did not see anything come out so put it back together and hit a few balls and it felt dead.  Figured I was just tired from playing earlier in the day and the strikes were not really up to my normal standard anyway.  Head out this morning to hit balls before work and when I got to the driver still just felt dead.  Threw a piece of tape on the face and hit two more balls with it dead flush in the center and they went nowhere.  I called Callaway today and told them the issue and not to my surprise there is a new Epic SZ on the way that should be here by early next week.  Just another reason that I play Callaway gear throughout most of my bag.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

• 1 month later...
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/19987-golf-customer-service/?p=307111

After a delay as Callaway did not have any Callaway Golf O-Works Versa Tank # 7 heads and it was not getting any until 8/7, mine finally arrived yesterday, it was worth the wait and I am chomping at the bit to get out Monday and roll it on a green instead of carpet rolling.   I think it looks awesome!

Image result for Callaway Golf 2017 O-Works Versa Tank # 7Image result for Callaway Golf 2017 O-Works Versa Tank # 7

Driver -  :callaway-small:   Rogue ST Max
Woods - :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -   :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                       

Wedges - :cleveland-small:  Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                               

Putter -  Evnroll   ER2
Rangefinder - :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX-10 Slope
Ball -  :vice: Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                           

Bag -  :tour-edge: Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

Archived