TESTERS WANTED! ×

Cold tops and duck hooks. Related ?

Possibly, but more likely an over-the-top move with a closed face.  So many things that can lead any issue, but the best thing to do is get back to basics.  Check your grip.  I think you mentioned getting lessons.  A good teaching pro should be able to get you set up correctly.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Possibly, but more likely an over-the-top move with a closed face. So many things that can lead any issue, but the best thing to do is get back to basics. Check your grip. I think you mentioned getting lessons. A good teaching pro should be able to get you set up correctly.

Thanks Ken.Just trying anything to get this turned around.Still feel I can be a 70 shooter someday.I work so hard at this game

Keep it in the short stuff

Thanks Ken.Just trying anything to get this turned around.Still feel I can be a 70 shooter someday.I work so hard at this game

Yes. Good for you.

It is right to think about seeing a pro as many say.

But one of the greatsest benefits for the guy willing to work is seeing his own swing regularily as changes are made and things are tried. There is nothing truer than "feel is not real", and tons of work might not be in the right direction when it doesnt have to be.

For me "Selfie Golf" and their simple phone holder for recording your swing can be a reall eye opener and practice changer. The benefits from seeing it for yourself can be nothing short of time saving to game changing.

I am hesitant to comment on your grip and the rest not knowing to begin with, but time after time the best have, do, or did play with a strong(er) grip. Its just a fact and Hogan had to get around it and then wrote a book... and we hold the club just so and forever wonder about our grip. Jack managed to do without it which speaks to genius. Leadbetter has ruined more swings with his idea of the grip than you can count: another fact. Haney went there with Tiger as a something different has to work approach.

Kelvin Miyahira and now many others have shown this to be the case of the grip so many times that if someone is willing to work, it can transform things.

Good Luck.

Yes. Good for you.

It is right to think about seeing a pro as many say.

But one of the greatsest benefits for the guy willing to work is seeing his own swing regularily as changes are made and things are tried. There is nothing truer than "feel is not real", and tons of work might not be in the right direction when it doesnt have to be.

For me "Selfie Golf" and their simple phone holder for recording your swing can be a reall eye opener and practice changer. The benefits from seeing it for yourself can be nothing short of time saving to game changing.

I am hesitant to comment on your grip and the rest not knowing to begin with, but time after time the best have, do, or did play with a strong(er) grip. Its just a fact and Hogan had to get around it and then wrote a book... and we hold the club just so and forever wonder about our grip. Jack managed to do without it which speaks to genius. Leadbetter has ruined more swings with his idea of the grip than you can count: another fact. Haney went there with Tiger as a something different has to work approach.

Kelvin Miyahira and now many others have shown this to be the case of the grip so many times that if someone is willing to work, it can transform things.

Good Luck.

thank you.I actually just sent some video over to an online instructor off of Instagram.Was $150 , but he asked for front -dtl- behind - and front dtl.Seemed excessive, and thankfully the 4 swings produced 1 cold top and 3 fats(dirt hit camera).So he can see im struggling and not candy coating it.Gave him my scenario and asked he work with what I have.Versus changing the whole swing.Will reply on this thread with a follow up of my opinion on the online lesson when received.He is a reputable instructor from Southern California that works with all skill levels.Just want to enjoy this game and not leave daily wanting to quit and not do again

If I could pin point my worse misses last few times duck hook-cold top would summarize it.Are these two faults related.? Could it be to excessive inside - out with closed face?

Yes it could. The top comes from a posture change into impact and an excessive in-out path would force you to pull up and out of the shot. I'll be curious to see what an instructor says about why this is happening to begin with. It probably gets off the rails much earlier in the swing, and fixing that core issue will address the other.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 10.5 *NEW* Fujikura Pro Green 65 X

:callaway-small: Rogue 15 degree Evnflow Blue 6.5

Back in the Bag :srixon-small: Z765 4-G Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

:vokey-small: 54 and 60

:bobby-grace-1: Amazing Grace Ass Kicker

Had buddy shoot these.But I come so far from inside and at bottom the face is real shut.He got the real shut face on few of his shot.But can kinda see here, shut.This was good one.Others not so good.Try to diagnosis myself just make more confusion.Very curious to what pro says on his analysis.Said 3 to 5 day lead time.Goal is to work at this and get on to better golf before season over[attachment=48925:IMG_9997.[attachment=48926:IMG_9998.

Received my online lesson back.And the pro commented that I have many specifics in my foundation that he really enjoys.(Internet brag coming next).He was shocked how badly I told him i play versus what he sees on camera.Not sure how to grasp that one

Anyway, my issue is being extremely stuck on the way down.Gave me basic drills to get my hands more in front of my body.After doing that drill he wants a focus on turning naval to the target earlier.I know this won't be a endall fix by any means.But was pleased that an expert in the field gave me simple vs complex fixes.Not out of the woods yet.Just relieved that it wouldn't be a complete overhaul.

If you are interested look up bobby lopez on youtube.

He will take a video from you and analyze it for free. He has helped alot of people with his ideas about staying behind the ball and getting unstuck from there rather in front with no place to go.

If you are interested look up bobby lopez on youtube.

He will take a video from you and analyze it for free. He has helped alot of people with his ideas about staying behind the ball and getting unstuck from there rather in front with no place to go.

never heard of him.But never knew what stuck meant either.I guess it makes sense,since my divots and divot marks always point left of target (I'm left handed).

Archived