Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

List of Links Style Courses

Shankster

The US Open on "Links Style" courses brought to light that there are more Links courses here Han I thought.

Throw up near-by courses that are Links layout.

Here's what I know by me, I'm sure there's more. Fellow Michiganders feel free to add to my list.

Michigan:

1. Acadia Bluffs

2. The Gailes

- Alan

I visit my Sister every summer. She lives just outside Lexington KY at Kearney Hills.....which is a 2 minute drive to the Pete Dye Kearney Hills Golf Club. I get to play this gem every summer!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Ballyneal Golf & Hunt Club; Holyoke, CO. One of the best links in the country.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

PXG___0811 X 9* - Mitsubishi Diamana s60 Limited X
Cobra___S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
Adams___XTD Forged 3i - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
Adams___CMB 4-PW - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
KZG___Tri-Tour 50.08__54.10__58.12 - Accra iCWT 2.0-95i S
Nike___Method Converge B1-01 (copper insert)
Maxfli___'23 Tour X
"The most important shot in golf is the next one“

OK, Living in the Pacific North Wet.. We have two that I know for sure.. Chambers Bay, and now Gamble Sands. Chambers Bay- US open 2015 we all got to see what that one is like.. 

Gamble Sands- Designed By David Mclay Kidd, A really fun New course. Designed to be FUN for all and it was.. 

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

OK, Living in the Pacific North Wet.. We have two that I know for sure.. Chambers Bay, and now Gamble Sands. Chambers Bay- US open 2015 we all got to see what that one is like..

Gamble Sands- Designed By David Mclay Kidd, A really fun New course. Designed to be FUN for all and it was..

I also live in the PN, so I'll add The Home Course. Great course, reasonable price. Also some of the tracks over in eastern Washington. Wine Valley, Desert Canyon, etc. I think Kenny B is more familiar with eastern Wa...

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

I also live in the PN, so I'll add The Home Course. Great course, reasonable price. Also some of the tracks over in eastern Washington. Wine Valley, Desert Canyon, etc. I think Kenny B is more familiar with eastern Wa...

All great courses.  It's easy to design a links-style here in eastern Washington because we don't get a lot of rain, so not many trees unless you plant them.  

I would also put in Palouse Ridge GC in Pullman, WA; home of Washington State University.  Great course designed by John Harbottle III and it's inexpensive to play.

Course-Campus-&Town-500-web.jpg

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

All great courses. It's easy to design a links-style here in eastern Washington because we don't get a lot of rain, so not many trees unless you plant them.

I would also put in Palouse Ridge GC in Pullman, WA; home of Washington State University. Great course designed by John Harbottle III and it's inexpensive to play.

attachicon.gifCourse-Campus-&Town-500-web.jpg

Oh yeah, forgot about Palouse! I knew I was missing something!

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

For me Cabot links in Nova Scotia. And Cabot cliffs is kind of a hybrid links course but still amazing

Callaway big bertha epic sub zero adilia rogue stiff with 1" tip

cobra f7 3 wood stiff

m2 3 hybrid adilia rogue stiff with half inch tip

Ping ie1 true temper xp 105 s300

mack daddy 2 56 and 60 wedges

stx putter

left handed

Handicap: my swing.

The courses at Bandon Dunes would make the list.  After walking Erin Hills all week at the US Open, I guess link style qualifies but it is so spread out that it is nothing like any links course I have played.

Callaway Driver, 4 and 7 fairways.  Mizuno 923 Hot Metal 6-LW.  A friend told me my swing is as smooth as Tennessee Whiskey.  If so, I often think it may have come out of the barrel to soon.

Archived