Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

CHEAP Aldila shafts

SargeDesign

BEHOLD. I have discovered the Aldila outlet store! I just got a NV 65-S Pink for $16! Yes, I got a pink shaft.

Link: http://www.aldilastore.com/-strse-Closeout-Shafts/Categories.bok

SARGE BLOG: Helping people win the internet since the day I started helping people win the internet.

Wow... those are great prices... I've been looking for a good used 3 wood, I should just buy a shaft now and swap heads, that way I don't need to worry about the flex on the one I buy...

huh...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

So can someone make a recommendation for me? I have a fast swing speed (110+), and am a very high ball hitter. I currently have the TM r7 Quad TP with and xstiff shaft. I'd love to have a shaft assist in bringing the ball flight down a bit, without having to pay $200 for a whiteboard. Would one of these shafts suffice? I'd love to go get professionally fit, but can't afford it right now. THANKS!

So can someone make a recommendation for me? I have a fast swing speed (110+), and am a very high ball hitter. I currently have the TM r7 Quad TP with and xstiff shaft. I'd love to have a shaft assist in bringing the ball flight down a bit, without having to pay $200 for a whiteboard. Would one of these shafts suffice? I'd love to go get professionally fit, but can't afford it right now. THANKS!

You want an Aldila NV or NV Voodoo series, which produce lower launching/lower spinning ball flight. Go for a Stiff or X-Stiff flex. A note about the flex: I have a high swing speed as well, and could probably be fit to an X-stiff, but I choose to play a Stiff shaft to be able to draw the ball when I want.

SARGE BLOG: Helping people win the internet since the day I started helping people win the internet.

You want an Aldila NV or NV Voodoo series, which produce lower launching/lower spinning ball flight. Go for a Stiff or X-Stiff flex. A note about the flex: I have a high swing speed as well, and could probably be fit to an X-stiff, but I choose to play a Stiff shaft to be able to draw the ball when I want.

I believe the Voodoo series shafts are around $100, which is better than a whiteboard, but nowhere near as good as the $16 you just paid for the pink panther. Do you think that shaft has a chance of lowering the ball flight when compared to the stock extra stiff TP shaft?

I believe the Voodoo series shafts are around $100, which is better than a whiteboard, but nowhere near as good as the $16 you just paid for the pink panther. Do you think that shaft has a chance of lowering the ball flight when compared to the stock extra stiff TP shaft?

http://www.aldilastore.com/-strse-Closeout-Shafts-cln-NV/searchpath/856127/start/1/total/52/Categories.bok

The NV series there (NV 55-S or 55-X) are $55. You can get the 65-S for $16...if you don't mind pink. Are you MAN enough? Take the plunge. I did, and theres no looking back!

What is the loft of your driver?

EDIT: IMPORTANT! Know the tip diameter of your driver before buying a shaft.

http://www.aldilastore.com/-strse-Closeout-Shafts-cln-NV/searchpath/856127/start/1/total/52/Categories.bok

The NV series there (NV 55-S or 55-X) are $55. You can get the 65-S for $16...if you don't mind pink. Are you MAN enough? Take the plunge. I did, and theres no looking back!

What is the loft of your driver?

EDIT: IMPORTANT! Know the tip diameter of your driver before buying a shaft.

First off thanks a ton for the help. My driver loft is 8.5* ,and I'll have to find out the tip diameter because I have no idea. I have yet to decide if I'm man enough to sport the pink shaft, but I can be bought, so for 1/3 the price I'm in.

First off thanks a ton for the help. My driver loft is 8.5* ,and I'll have to find out the tip diameter because I have no idea. I have yet to decide if I'm man enough to sport the pink shaft, but I can be bought, so for 1/3 the price I'm in.

$16 is pretty hard to argue with for top notch shaft. 8.5* is pretty low...so high launching issues are a strange thing to hear. The NV series are on the low-launching end of the Aldila shaft graph. If that doesn't fix the problem then you have to assume its not the club or the shaft...maybe you are teeing the ball up too high? Do you have sky marks on your driver? etc. Where you put the ball in your stance affects it as well.

I have yet to decide if I'm man enough to sport the pink shaft

If anybody gives you crap, tell them that its in support of breast cancer awareness. My mother and grandmother are breast cancer survivors so anytime someone gives me crap about having or wearing anything pink, I say "thanks arsehole, my mom and grandma are breast cancer survivors, so I'm supporting them". They tend to backtrack in a hurry.

You want lower at a fraction of the price? Find a ProForce V2 in a heavier weight, they're around $45. You're not gonna do much better on a budget for lowering the ball flight. The VooDoo is a mid launch chaft, that's also kind of spinny. The NV is a mid low launch and is again kind of spinny. About the only lower launching Aldila out there is the RIP, and it's still not true low launch, but it is lower spin. Anything is going to be lower than the TM stock shaft.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Thanks for all the input from you all. It's much appreciated. As a matter of fact Sarge, I do have a sky mark on my driver.....from letting my best friend take a hack about a month after I bought it!!!! I was excited ;)

I've been as low as a 3 hdcp when I played a lot more, now I'll shoot anywhere between mid 70's to mid 80's depending on the day. Usually my round goes where my driver takes me. I've always been a very high ball hitter, which isn't necessarily a problem very often here in AZ, but when the wind kicks up I obviously struggle. I'm sure that it's not all the shaft, there's definitely something in my swing that creates the high trajectory, I just don't know how to fix it. When I try to knock the ball down, I usually come over it and hook the shot, or the best feeling one, when I completely hosel rocket it way right. Anyway, I'm not very knowledgeable about shafts, but I know (or have heard) that they can make a huge difference. Hence, the questions.

They have a great eBay store too.

http://stores.ebay.com/Aldila-Store

Love the Lobster wedge shaft. :)

If you like the Lobster, try the Spin Stick Prototype. They put them up occasionally, and wow are they great wedge shafts.

In The Bag

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Thanks for all the input from you all. It's much appreciated. As a matter of fact Sarge, I do have a sky mark on my driver.....from letting my best friend take a hack about a month after I bought it!!!! I was excited :)

I've been as low as a 3 hdcp when I played a lot more, now I'll shoot anywhere between mid 70's to mid 80's depending on the day. Usually my round goes where my driver takes me. I've always been a very high ball hitter, which isn't necessarily a problem very often here in AZ, but when the wind kicks up I obviously struggle. I'm sure that it's not all the shaft, there's definitely something in my swing that creates the high trajectory, I just don't know how to fix it. When I try to knock the ball down, I usually come over it and hook the shot, or the best feeling one, when I completely hosel rocket it way right. Anyway, I'm not very knowledgeable about shafts, but I know (or have heard) that they can make a huge difference. Hence, the questions.

The shaft makes or breaks a club, you're correct in that. The head, especially one made in the last 5 years because all of them are right up against the USGA's limits, are of little consequence as far as construction. Once you find the loft that's right for you and the face orientation (open, closed or neutral), who's name is on it really doesn't matter.

In The Bag

Archived