TESTERS WANTED! ×

Putter Upgrade Help

Syds273

Currently using a Taylor Made DA12 Tour Ghost Blade putter and not enjoying the feel of it on longer putts anymore, I had stuck a larger putter on but still not feeling right.

Any recommendations of putters to try out, I prefer Mallets but open to try something different. 

Thanks

:ping-small:  Hoofer Blue and Grey Stand Bag

:ping-small: I25 9.5 Driver - PWR65 shaft

:ping-small: I25 3 Wood - PWR65 shaft

:ping-small: I200 - 3 to PW - KBS Tour S shafts

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 - 50,54,58 KBS Wedge Shafts

:taylormade-small: DA12 Tour Ghost Putter

:titelist-small: Pro V1

Check out the Most Wanted Putters by MGS.

I personally am enjoying my EVNROLL a lot! 

Competitive round last week with 26 putts... not too shabby!

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

You said you don't like the feel. If you want something softer, you should look into a putter with at least a milled face. Scotty Cameron, Bettinardi, Cleveland HB series, etc. But, those putters are also pretty expensive!

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

It's tough to respond without knowing your budget.  I wrote a review of the EVNRoll ER5 - I like my putter very much - it kicked a 10 year old putter out of my bag.  I actually won a Bettinardi about six years ago and it didn't come close to making it into my bag.

However it's retail price tag is around $370.

If that number doesn't scare you off I'd suggest giving the EVNRoll mallets a try. 

Happy hunting.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

You said you don't like the feel. If you want something softer, you should look into a putter with at least a milled face. Scotty Cameron, Bettinardi, Cleveland HB series, etc. But, those putters are also pretty expensive!

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

This. You want softer/harder face? Heavier/lighter swing weight? Odyssey putters also offer inserts that make putting feel completely different. Give us a hint and you'll get a shitload of recommendations :lol:

:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

This. You want softer/harder face? Heavier/lighter swing weight? Odyssey putters also offer inserts that make putting feel completely different. Give us a hint and you'll get a shitload of recommendations :lol:

Well the current putter feels hard and with a chunky grip it feels really light which Is making me struggle putting from long distances.

I definitely want a soft face that give me feedback, I like a chunky grip due to my putting grip/style which would lead my down the path of a face balanced putter.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Find a 1922 Hickory Shaft...

I actually had the Ghost Tour putter as well and I hated it.

Tried a bunch at the shop this spring. Bought a Cobra Blade 002 from Mr. Aliens8mycow and I don't know if it will ever get replaced. It's a little on the light side but, I found that I didn't need any bells and whistles to line me up. Just a flat face with no distractions works best for me I guess.

You could always take a look at Edel. They have a top notch fitting theory, I haven't been to one but I hear good things.

Well the current putter feels hard and with a chunky grip it feels really light which Is making me struggle putting from long distances.

I definitely want a soft face that give me feedback, I like a chunky grip due to my putting grip/style which would lead my down the path of a face balanced putter.

Odyssey white inserts and the O Works series with micro-hinge inserts feel pretty soft to me. I think the O Works even come with Super Stroke grips.

You can have older white insert models for under $100 and the O Works around $200

Yes! putters were always one my favorites... I have like 5 models and all of them felt pretty soft. As they are no longer made, you can score some pretty good deals online.

Cleveland Huntington Beach or TFI putters are also pretty soft and very affordable.

And if money is not an issue, check out EVNROLL along with all the premium offerings that were mentioned above.

I will agree with Kanoito, the Odyssey White inserts are really soft and I highly recommend testing one of those out if you get the chance. I also have a Cleveland TFI and they are just as soft, and pretty affordable.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

I had almost the exact same putter and preferred blades, went and looked the the Cameron Newports, the guy at the store asked me to just test the golo 5. I ended up buying it. It was a bit pricy but my putting has been getting better with it and I love the feel. Its not a blade but I highly encourage you to step out of your comfort zone. I did and it worked! 

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

Check out Bobby Grace. Specifically the work he did for Macgregor.

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

So I went to a golf store today to try some putters and it appears that my eye alignment isn't high enough to have a face balanced putter and I'd be better suited to something with a toe hang!

Looks like I'd be better with a blade also so any new options to look at now that's cleared up!

I have a Scotty Cammeron X7M from last year.  I love it and I have definitely seen a vast improvement in my putting.  Mainly I don't leave anything short, like I did with my Oddessy blade putter.  This maybe more mental than anything, but whatever works.

Full disclosure, i was a able to snag my Scotty during Golfsmith's closing and it was 50 or 60% off when i bought it.  I preferred it to the Oddessy 2Ball and #7, but if it was full price vs Oddessy, I'm not sure I liked it $200+ more.

I have been impressed with a ping i was messing around with the other day as well.

Also, i believe there are Mallets with toe hang if you want something different than a blade.  I believe the SC Golo is a toe hang or slight toe hang putter.

Driver :     :cobra-small: F7 - Project X Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 75g

3w:           :cobra-small:  F7 Fairway - Project X Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 75g

Hybrid:     :cobra-small: F6 Hybrid - KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 95g X-Stiff

Irons:       :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged (4,5) JPX 900 Tour (6-P) KBS C-Taper 130 (Softstepped)

Wedes:         :titelist-small: SM7 52* F Grind, 56* M Gind (KBS C-Taper 125), 60* S Grind

Putter:   :cameron-small: Futura X7M

I just change to the new TM Spider Tour Red and love it. Feel feels kinda muted compared to my old Scotty but the performance is a lot better. Maybe try out Evnroll

:taylormade-small: M1 9.5

:taylormade-small: SLDR S 3 Hybrid

:taylormade-small: P770 4-PW 

:vokey-small:  50-56-60 SM4 

:bridgestone-small: Tour B330

I was using a Taylor made spider mallet 2.0 for a while and ran into a similar problem, picked up the Michigan ave Wilson staff infinite putter more for fun ($100) and it hasn't left my bag. Ball comes off a little hot but the putter definitely has a good feel.

Scotty Newport felt nice but for the price I'm not sure it will be worth the extra cost.

Going to have to test a lot more out but thanks for the suggestions!

Archived