TESTERS WANTED! ×

Golf Swing Analyzers (Swingbyte, Epson, etc)

I bought a Swingbyte a couple of years ago and really enjoyed the data it provided (club path, club face, loft, lie, etc).  They also had great customer service! The company seems like they fell off the map and haven't updated the software or website in well over a year.  I also did a search for other swing analyzers and this area has seemed to dry up.  I had hope these devices would translate into a golf simulator.

Anyone see any updates in the market or any new swing analyzers?

Swingbyte is alive and well and available on the Swingbyte.com web-site, Amazon and many golf retailers.  The software was last updated in May of this year and the Virtual Coach beta program is currently available at no charge.  We believe that our customer service is still "great" and invite you to contact us if you have any questions or issues.  We are very pleased that you have enjoyed your Swingbyte.  As for future plans, we are working on a new web-site, finishing up on the commercial Virtual Coach program.  We are also currently looking at a few opportunities to team up with some other folks to incorporate the Swingbyte technology into an affordable and effective golf simulator.  

Thanks for your interest and if you have any specific ways that you have used Swingbyte to improve your golf game or any thoughts on features that you would like to have in future versions of our hardware or applications, please do not hesitate to share with us!

i got to test the SwingByte and love that thing. i do wish there was a better/more secure was to attach it as the first few rounds, it held it's alignment nicely, but after that it have to adjust it every 2-3 swings. the Virtual coach is awesome, as is their customer service, i lost the charging cable and I asked how to buy one and they sent me 2 more for free. 

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

• 2 weeks later...

Aside from Swingbyte (which I have not tried), Zepp Golf seems to still be making updates. I used to own a Sky Caddie Sky Pro swing analyzer (similar in many respects to Swingbyte and provided good data), but it was poorly supported - I've come to realize this about several of their products.

It does seem like innovation in this particular arena has stalled. Seems like everyone is now looking at how to integrate other already existing technologies into their apps rather than chasing technological advances in equipment. I imagine there's not much more that can be done in this segment. Personal launch monitors will be the way to go for more data and improved accuracy, but we're still a ways off from having something truly affordable and accurate.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

I had Zepp 2 for a little while and used it a few times for some range sessions. It provided some great info, but I ended up getting rid of it as I didn't use it near enough. The only problem I had with it was that it was a pain in the ass to calibrate.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

I have the Swing Tip that came out about the same time as the Swingbyte, I haven't used it in a long time.

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

• 1 month later...

As a novice golfer I am looking for a swing analyzer.  The Zepp 2 and SwingByte both seem like good options that are still supported.  Zepp has two advantages - ease in switching clubs and ease in a quick interpretation.  I have this belief that SwingByte will be more accurate for speeds and club face due to its' placement on the club.  I will be using an android phone but I don't believe that I will try to download instructional video at the driving range or course.

What compelling reason is there to choose one over the other?  Are there any sensors that go on the end of a club that are actively supported and full featured like Zepp and SwingByte?

• 2 months later...

How about SwingTIP, it comes with Mobicoach service as well. SwingTIP analyzes your swing across five swing checkpoints: address, takeaway, top of swing, halfway through downswing and impact. It displays your swing from three angles (target, front, top) and lets you compare a current swing to your “favorite swing. ”

SwingTIP pinpoints strengths & flaws on nine power and plane aspects, reports on key impact metrics, and provides instruction tips and videos for improvement.

• 1 year later...

I recently bought this analyzer - Arccos Caddie Smart Sensors. The advantage of this analyzer is that it fits most clubs, which is very good for me because I often test different clubs. Also pleased that his battery is designed for five years. I do not know how true this is, but the manufacturer claims that it is real. I decided to buy such an analyzer because most of the reviews about it are mostly positive, and the price pleased me.

Edited by Palacm

• 2 months later...
On 9/30/2019 at 2:41 AM, Palacm said:

I recently bought this analyzer - Arccos Caddie Smart Sensors. The advantage of this analyzer is that it fits most clubs, which is very good for me because I often test different clubs. Also pleased that his battery is designed for five years. I do not know how true this is, but the manufacturer claims that it is real. I decided to buy such an analyzer because most of the reviews about it are mostly positive, and the price pleased me.

It's an old thread, but just in case anyone trips over this post... the Arccos sensors don't analyze your swing like Swingbyte or Zepp.  They track shots and analyze your game.    I've had Arccos for well over a year now and I love it, but it does not do what Swingbyte or Zepp do.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

• 1 month later...
On 12/29/2019 at 6:43 PM, HardcoreLooper said:

It's an old thread, but just in case

Yeah, wanted to add there still are choices out there -- but Criterion #1, imho, is decide WHAT you want to analyze and then look at the main features of each to see which is the potential best fit for you.

I wanted to work on full swing mechanics and got a Zepp2 and (so far) am happy with it. One of the key features it has - and I'm finding very useful - is that it measures your downswing plane vs. your backswing plane and tells you the difference .. which indicates if your swing is coming over the top or is on-plane or is "under". Lots of other data points plus recommended drills and coaching tips - which appear to be correlated to what the unit measures in your swing.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Wish this thread was more alive.  This looks interesting and I would like to know other people's experiences and opinions on these types of training aids.

Driver: Cobra Speedzone 10.5 Mitsubishi AV Blue S flex

Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 3-4 Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue (low launch original version) S flex

Hybrids: Taylormade GAPR 3 KBS graphite shaft

Strata 4 and 5 hybrids R flex

Irons: Strata 6-PW R flex

Wedges: Texan Classics 52, 56, 60 R flex

Putter: Odyssey Red Ball mallet

Ball: Srixon Q Star Tour

It does turn out that the early posts in this thread from 2017 were prescient: SwingByte is apparently now dead, which is really disappointing. I was still using mine regularly, but got a new phone and tablet with Android 9. Something broke there; in order to use the device, you have to login, and that login no longer works in the app. It's a shame; it would be awesome if a version of the app could be released that eliminates the login, just so the device is usable again.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

On 2/20/2020 at 4:08 PM, AmishJason said:

Wish this thread was more alive.  This looks interesting and I would like to know other people's experiences and opinions on these types of training aids.

I think the market for these is mostly dead. The only ones still around offer devices for other sports too - Zepp and Blast Motion. Rhapsodo is another option too though it is meant to be more of a golf simulator device than full blown swing analyzer.

8 hours ago, TR1PTIK said:

I think the market for these is mostly dead. The only ones still around offer devices for other sports too - Zepp and Blast Motion. Rhapsodo is another option too though it is meant to be more of a golf simulator device than full blown swing analyzer.

I went to Swingbyte's website and they say they are on back order.  They don't even show up for sale on Amazon.

Driver: Cobra Speedzone 10.5 Mitsubishi AV Blue S flex

Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 3-4 Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue (low launch original version) S flex

Hybrids: Taylormade GAPR 3 KBS graphite shaft

Strata 4 and 5 hybrids R flex

Irons: Strata 6-PW R flex

Wedges: Texan Classics 52, 56, 60 R flex

Putter: Odyssey Red Ball mallet

Ball: Srixon Q Star Tour

1 hour ago, shome said:

I had to factory reset my phone and I no longer see the Zepp android app at the play store.  That is disappointing.  I have had to find it on non-authorized sites.  Are they still in the golf business?

Their site is up and running and you can still purchase the device last I checked. What version of Android are you currently running?

30 minutes ago, TR1PTIK said:

Their site is up and running and you can still purchase the device last I checked. What version of Android are you currently running?

Whoa! @shome is right: it looks like they've pulled the golf version of the app from the Play Store:

Screenshot_20200228-121115.png

That is definitely disappointing.

Full WITB with pictures

Upon further review: it's an issue that Zepp knows about. In the meantime, they've posted direct links to the APK file:

Full WITB with pictures

10 hours ago, shome said:

I had to factory reset my phone and I no longer see the Zepp android app at the play store.  That is disappointing.  I have had to find it on non-authorized sites.  Are they still in the golf business?

Please be careful with this unauthorized APK sites.  You never know what you'll do to your phone.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino