Wedgie

Playing in wet conditions

Our Sponsors

Will be playing in the wet tomorrow. For me it's all about focussing on ball striking and not over swinging.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Make clean contact and it doesn't matter :). Really though, when it's wet I actually like to feel like I'm hitting the front of the golf ball

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I like to club up one or two clubs then grip down an inch and swing smooth and easy.

Sent from my Pixel using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I always move the ball back in my stance in wet conditions, I grew up playing in Texas where the ground gets hard as a rock in the summer so I've always had a steep swing.

• Like 1

I stick with mostly irons when it's wet. The biggest issue I find is chipping and putting since the ball likes to pick up water and throw the brakes on hard.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Certainly, high bounce wedges and wide soles help in soft conditions. The thing you have to be able to do when conditions are wet is pick the ball a little more. How you get there can vary so you may just have to experiment on the range or during a practice round. I've typically been a "picker", but as I've gotten better I've started noticing I can dig if the turf allows it. Still, that doesn't happen often enough to warrant a complete change in strategy.