TESTERS WANTED! ×

Putter Ho Support Thread

GolfSpy Dave

• SPY VIP

While I am still in the honeymoon period (4 weeks) I love my new Studio Select Laguna 1.5. Even bought it a nice Black with red dot custom shop headcover.

Anyone else feeling Laguna love?

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Sorry, I can't help you with the support as I would be convicted for providing false evidence. What I am gaming is my Nead SS torched 1 of 1 handmade by my friend Gene Nead.

For those that do not know Gene Nead and his illustrious history here is an article that was done by mygolfspy and also featured my putter that is my gamer.

http://www.mygolfspy.com/introducing-gene-nead-putters/

GN2.jpg

Still using my old ram zebra putter.I tried and still have several odyessy putters but I just feel so much more confident over my putts with the zebra.Yeah its embarassing not having the latest and greatest but for me it works very well. Someday I want to try a scotty cameron to see what the buzz is all about.Dave

Callaway razr x tour 5-pw

titleist 585h 24 &21 hybrid

Heavy wedge 52 gap wedge

Nike sv sand and lob wedge

Callaway Diablo Octane tour Driver

Adams F 11 3 wood

Seemore ci2 or Bettinardi studio stock 2

• SPY VIP

Dave,

Is the Twisty just a wall hanger now? What happened to Spidey?

Twisty and LOL LN 006 are both on the wall. Testing the Bombora killed the spider. I think that the look of the Bombora also led me to the Laguna. It'll hold me over until I win the raffle for the Bombora. That and the Redwood Zing that came yesterday. That one is going in the office staff bag at work to practice during office hours. :)

Volvo Intorqueo

Man, you are setting a torrid pace, I'm not sure who could keep up with you. I'm getting the Bombora this coming week (assuming USPS doesn't lose it). I'll be interested to give it a run. I know it'll be too heavy for my liking, but I do like the look of it based on pictures.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

It's very heavy, and has not sold. Hopefully it will find a good home soon. I just found (and bought) the perfect Betti JAM so I'm hoping the Mills will get gone so I can have some money back in my club fund. Sadly, the JAM is unlikely to see any bag time soon; my tour Hoganardi is absolutely killing it. In the last 2 rounds I haven't missed inside 10' and I have made 4 putts over 30' one of which was an absolute joke (8 FEET of break). This is really the type of problem I hope to have all the time: nice putters collecting dust because the gamer is murdering everything it looks at.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

• SPY VIP

Welcome L&L...love to see the pics of your collection...if your looking for a 12-Step program that works...don;t know if this is the right place ;)

First time poster and admitted putter ho.

25 flatsticks in my garage bag and gaming a Betti BB42.

Oh (ho), the shame...

P

#TruthDigest

• SPY VIP

I am no help. I immediately had to go and search for BB42 to find out what it looks like and if it could be the one. ;)

Found it, totally sweet! Need one now...

Volvo Intorqueo

Hi again all. Let me know how to post and I'll try my best to get 'em all in one picture - it will be a challenge. What is it about putters that I cannot try, essentially, anything that catches my eye? My Dad bought me the BB42 about 4 years ago - he picked up a couple of the Millennium Series Bettinardis from the same fellow - I believe they were/are the Major Tournament Series that Bob put out in 2000? They are beautiful - Dad put them away still with the protective plastic on the heads and grips. I'd like to see them again. Thanks for the comments all - I wasn't notified of them, just happened to check in.

Here is a link from when I/we purchased it:

http://www.freegolfinfo.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=1589777

EDIT: My father's Bettis are from the Major Championship Series (2000) and mine is, as referenced in the above post, from the Millennium Series - thanks MSat.

Best,

LL

Still using my old ram zebra putter.I tried and still have several odyessy putters but I just feel so much more confident over my putts with the zebra.Yeah its embarassing not having the latest and greatest but for me it works very well. Someday I want to try a scotty cameron to see what the buzz is all about.Dave

What's wrong with the Zebra? I'd putt with a rock tied to a stick if it'd help me putt less than 30 times a round.

I'm not much of a ho... I have an Odyssey DF2 #5 that I don't use and a White Hot XG #7 that is awesome. I'll still offer support to all those that need it, though...

Don't worry guys (and gals, if there's any here) we'll get through this :D

Bored so I thought I would try and get a good laugh...

1. We admitted we were powerless over putters—that our bank accounts had become unmanageable.

2. Came to believe that a Putter greater than ours could restore us to sanity.

3. Made a decision to turn our will and bank accounts over to the care of the spouse/GF as we understood them.

4. Made a searching and fearless inventory of putters.

5. Admitted to the forum, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact number of putters in our possession.

6. We're entirely ready to have Forum Members remove all these defects of character.

7. Humbly asked them to buy our shortcomings.

8. Made a list of all persons we had borrowed putters from and return them

9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.

10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we buy another promptly admitted it and post new pix.

11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with the forum, praying only for

knowledge of their will for us and the power to carry that out.

12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these Steps, we try to practice these principles in all our affairs.

PING: Rapture V1 9° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (65 Stiff)

TITLEIST: 906F4 15.5° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (80 Stiff)

COBRA: 5w Speed LD F/ST Tour AD YS Designed by Graphite Design made for Cobra Stiff

PING: S59 Rifle 6.5 Soft stepped

PING: Tour 48°, 52°, 58°

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

"Everyday you miss practicing, it will take you one day longer to get good." -Ben Hogan

• 5 weeks later...

I think I am a putter Ho!

My collection is not one of a rich boy's..but here it is:

Slotline SSi 693....on order, should arrive in time for the weekend. This baby's got a 360 gm head.

Slotline High Moment Intertial (won in a tourney in the early 80's) used it for about 20 years

Slotline 781 Super Moment this is all aluminum and sized for the Jolly Green Giant

Ray Cook Blue Goose....has been my go to putter for several years

Ray Cook Gyro....works well when the greens have been plugged

Zing.....nice blade with a copper insert

Scotty Cameron Newport....has been staying in the garage as I just can't make it work

MasterGrip 415CR....looks kinda like a SC Futura, but way cheaper

PowerBilt Junior blade.....length is about 31"...short but sweet

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I wouldn't say that I "ho" putters, but I do have a decent amount.

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

Nike Unitized Tiempo

Cleveland Classics BRZ 4.5

Odyssey Dual Force

Odyssey White Hit XG #3 (lefty)

And a few junior size putters

Someday I hope to be able to buy one of a bunch of different brands. For sure the next one that I hope to acquire is a Sunset Beach. Byron Morgan and Bettinardi are also high on the list.

• SPY VIP

I wouldn't say that I "ho" putters, but I do have a decent amount.

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

Nike Unitized Tiempo

Cleveland Classics BRZ 4.5

Odyssey Dual Force

Odyssey White Hit XG #3 (lefty)

And a few junior size putters

Someday I hope to be able to buy one of a bunch of different brands. For sure the next one that I hope to acquire is a Sunset Beach. Byron Morgan and Bettinardi are also high on the list.

Scratch putter? Please tell me you are not still waiting...

Volvo Intorqueo

• 2 months later...

OK folks I am going to probably make some of you feel good First of all I am a BIG club hoe period Here is a PARTIAL list of my putters

Ping Anser circa 1974 had since new

Ping B90I Broomhandle or Ski Pole

3 yes 3 Ram Zebras

M 85 Nicklaus blade MacGregor

IM 5 Macgregor Flange blade

Cleveland Classic "Ben Crenshaw" flange blade

TP Mills #9

TP Mills #2

Toney Penna flange blade simular to the before mentioned MacGregors

Snake eyes Viper Tour

Ray Cook mallet circa 1960

2 Spalding Cash In

Bobby Grace Mark 5 Tour issue

Redneck Golf Bubba belly putter prototype ( supposedly 1 of only 5 made in belly configuration) This is only a partial list of what I haveat the house in the club room I probably have 100 or so more putters in the storage faculity

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

• 2 weeks later...

Reformed Putter Ho here!

I was in college for the longest time changing from mallet (grace little man my subsequent nickname on college team too after tht purcahse) to the yonex blade (mickleson Style circa 1997) BUT......now I am currently gaming the newport studio stainless 2.5 for the last 8 years and running. Currently it is in Putterlounge hands getting a cosmetic upgrade, reshaft and grip. Have the dual look face remaining stainless and the back ghost with the UST shaft. Should come back sweet!!! Have a couple local tourneys coming up but the putter will not be back in time so i have to bring out the old grace little GOD I hope this doesn't bring me full circle

I am using a Scotty Kombi (heavy version) at 35" with a jumbo grip to offset some of the weight. I received it to try from my partner in a tournament over 18 months ago. We won the two man tournament with a record score and I putted very well. I think this is the longest I have stayed with a putter in years.

Diablo Edge Tour 10.5

Adams F11 15

Geek DCT 5 wood

Bridgestone J36 22

Ping s-59, Callaway x-Tour, Mizuno MP-52, Wilson PI-7

Ping Tour 50 and 54, Eidolon 58 Wedges

Scotty Kombi Heavy 35"

Bridgestone B330S, Z Star, Pro v1

Archived