Our Sponsors

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

(4) Testers Wanted!!   Mizuno JPX 900 Irons   The irons that tamed Erin Hills!     You know a Tour Pro likes his sticks when he plays them without a contract.   That's what Brooks Koepka di

Hello all!   Now is the time for us to announce the four testers we are going to have for the Mizuno JPX 900 irons!   I want all of you to help me in congratulating the following members.   Yung

Likewise! I already broke up with my girlfriend.

Posted Images

Edmund - Illinois

12 HDCP

Ben Hogan Ft. Worth 15

JPX 900 Forged 

Twitter: @EdmundCruz 

@ChiGolfAth 

What's In The Bag:

Driver:  Tour Edge Golf EX9 10 degrees, UST Mamiya ATTAS COOOL Stiff Flex
Hybrid:  Tour Edge Golf Exotics EX9 #3 Hybrid, UST MAMIYA RECOIL 670 F4 Stiff Flex
Irons:
:benhogan-small: Ft. Worth 15 Irons, 23, 27, 31, 35, 39, 43, 47 KBS Tour 90 S-Flex Shaft
Wedges:
:benhogan-small: TK 15 Wedges, 51, 55, 59. KBS Tour 90 S-Flex Shaft
Putter: Buzelli Golf STA-1, Standard Loft/Lie
Ball:  Snell Golf My Tour Ball 

1.  Viet, Southern California

2.  18

3.  Hot Metals

I really didn't want to be that guy that registered just to enter for this chance, but here I am.  If it is any consolation, I've been an avid reader for years, and really do appreciate your unbiased reviews.  It is very refreshing to see your rankings that are based strictly on performance numbers, with often times surprising results.  

I have been a Mizuno fanboy for awhile, but am currently playing Srixon 545s which are a superb club.  Coming from MP53s, the difference in forgiveness was extremely noticable, and helped my game tremendously.  I admit when I bought the MP53s, I was overly cocky about my ball striking, and was hoping to be able to grow into them.  Years later, I finally put my ego aside and searched for something more suitable to my skill level.  I looked hard at the Hot Metals as well, but the Srixons being forged just put them a little ahead of the comparable Mizuno choice.  I do admit, I still look at the Mizunos with some envy though.  They are just great looking clubs.  The tours in particular are one of the best looking clubs I've seen in awhle, but the reality of my game keeps them out of my bag.

In any case, I would love a chance to give my thoughts on the club.  I do pride myself on being able to convey my thoughts through a keyboard, and often times I feel my communication comes through better with my fingers than my tongue.  I'm fully confident I can provide a well worded review.  

Keep up the good work, and good luck to everyone who is interested. 

Kevin / Iowa

18-20 handicap

Taylormade RSi 1 irons

Think the JPX900 hot metals I would love to hit.  Thanks for the great opportunity! 

Taylormade RSi 1 stiff 4-AW, regular length/lie

Cleveland CG15 52, 56, 60 wedges

Cobra F6 10.5 degree regular flex set to towering

Odyssey White Ice Dart, super stroke 2.0 slim

Right handed

Iowa

Currently 15-18 handicap

1. Trevor from Washington state

2. 10.0

3. Nike vapor fly pro

4. I am at the transition point. I think I'm ready for the jpx900 tour.

I've hit the hot metals as a rental and loved them. I think my next upgrade will be the 900 tour anyway. Love to give feedback and test them as I grow.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

(4) Testers Wanted!!

attachicon.gifJPX 900 - 4.jpg

Mizuno JPX 900 Irons

The irons that tamed Erin Hills!

You know a Tour Pro likes his sticks when he plays them without a contract.

That's what Brooks Koepka did last weekend, gaming the MIzuno JPX 900 Tour irons while lapping the field at the US Open at Erin Hills because he likes them. Mizzy is rightfully proud of its latest Major championship, and in the spirit of striking while the iron is still sizzling, we have an opportunity you can't refuse!

attachicon.gifJPX 900 - 3.jpg

TESTERS WANTED!

We're looking for four avid and ambitious golfers to test and review (and keep) a set of Mizuno's JPX 900 irons. We have one set of the JPX 900 Hot Metal Irons (which tend as much toward Game Improvement as Mizuno gets), one set of the middle-of-the-bell-curve JPX 900 Forged, and TWO sets of Koepka's JPX 900 Tour irons, definitely aimed at the playah in all of us.

attachicon.gifJPX900_Tour_3Clubs-Shafts.jpg

HOW TO APPLY:

Here's what we need you to do ---

1. Your first name and home state/province

2. Your current handicap

3. Your current set of irons

And....

4: Visit MIzuno's website (click here) and determine which JPX 900 iron set best fits your game!

Remember, you MUST apply in THIS THREAD ONLY!! We'll announce the testers in this space next week.

attachicon.gifJPX 900 - 2.jpg

1. JD/ Hilton Head Island

2. Scratch

3. Nike Vapor Pro

4. JPX 900 Tour, will be playing plenty of golf this summer and generally at top tier courses. Home club has excellent practice facility to compare products.

TM M2 10.5 HZRDUS Black 6.5

Nike Vapor Fly 3W Oban Kiyoshi Purple 05 Flex

TM UDI 3 Iron KBS C-Taper Lite 115X

Nike Vapor Pro 4-PW KBS C-Taper 130X

Scratch 8620 50*, 54*, 60* DG S400

Odyssey #7 Tank

Nike RZN Black

John

Hawaii

11hcp

Srixon Z545

The forged would be on my short list of irons that could pry the Z545 from my cold, dead hands !

Moved from Japan to Hawaii in 2007, Played JDM irons (PRGR ID forged) for many years

1)  Blake, Ohio

2)  16-18

3)  PowerBilt TPS

4)  JPX 900 Hot Metal

Driver: :taylormade-small: M5 10.5* (set at 8.5*) Tensei CK Orange
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 58*
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

Final Driver Speed (end of Level 2): 120 mph

Matt / Kansas

10 handicap

Cleveland Ta3's currently in the bag

The Hot Metal or forged irons would suit my game.

I would love the chance to evaluate and discuss these irons with the MyGolfSpy Community!