Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

OFFICIAL FORUM MEMBER REVIEW - PING i200 IRONS

JBones

Great start everyone! Looking forward to reading about how these perform when you have more time with them! Also, if anyone wants to go ahead and hit a few shots off the hosel and let me know how they perform from there, that would be great. I still haven't found an iron that does well from there. :) Once they come of with a set that has grooves on the hosel, I'm all in!

ps. I refuse to acknowledge the name of the hosel shot (the S#@9k) because the last time I said it out loud, I seemed to be cursed for a few holes.

I caught one off the socket today! Actually the straightest hosel Rocket I've ever seen. About 5 yards off line and about 100 short. But would have been in play for sure.

- Alan

Great start to the reviews and awesome pics guys!

I've been struggling to upload pics, but luckily for me the other testers have more than enough photos and Youtube videos!!

Driver: Cobra F9 Speedback (9.0) with Fujikura Atmos 7X (Avalanche White) 

3 Wood: Callaway Epic Sub-Zero (15 degrees) in Rogue Max 75g stiff shaft

Hybrid (not in play): Callaway Apex 20 degree with Kurokage 80g Stiff Shaft

Driving Iron: Wilson Staff Utility Iron 18 degree with KBS Hybrid Stiff shaft

Irons: Wilson Staff CB 4-PW in KBS 120 Stiff shafts

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 - 50; Callaway MD4 - 56; Vokey SM9 - 60

Putter: Taylormade Rossa CGB

Golf Ball: Srixon Z-Star Diamond 

Shanksters Stage 1

Hey guys and gals!!

(First I would like to thank MyGolfSpy and PING for the opportunity to test these clubs, it is truly a honor!)

attachicon.gifIMG_1064.JPG

Welcome to Shanky's Bar and Grill we have 3 specials lined up for you, so pull up a chair, stool, pontoon, whatever your comfortable on… grab a beverage of choice and let's get this conversation going!

We will be running Stage 1, Stage 2, and Stage 3 specials all with a different theme. All will be packed full of information, specs, likes, dislikes, huh's, what's and how's.

I had a sneaky suspicion this would be entertaining and a good read.  Obviously you did not disappoint!  

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I'm enjoying all the different review styles from the stage one threads. You guys are truly locked into your job of putting out quality information.  Thank you all for the effort it takes to present your views in an enjoyable and informational type format.  I'm looking forward to reading more now that you have me hooked! 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

One thing I would love to see the testers give us some information on is yardage gapping - are you guys seeing consistent yardage gaps from top to bottom?

I found the new irons to have the same distances as my old irons - the new ones have weaker lofts but the clubs are 1/2 inch longer so it balances out. I've got about 10m (~11yd) distance gaps between all my irons.

Driver: Cobra F9 Speedback (9.0) with Fujikura Atmos 7X (Avalanche White) 

3 Wood: Callaway Epic Sub-Zero (15 degrees) in Rogue Max 75g stiff shaft

Hybrid (not in play): Callaway Apex 20 degree with Kurokage 80g Stiff Shaft

Driving Iron: Wilson Staff Utility Iron 18 degree with KBS Hybrid Stiff shaft

Irons: Wilson Staff CB 4-PW in KBS 120 Stiff shafts

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 - 50; Callaway MD4 - 56; Vokey SM9 - 60

Putter: Taylormade Rossa CGB

Golf Ball: Srixon Z-Star Diamond 

One thing I would love to see the testers give us some information on is yardage gapping - are you guys seeing consistent yardage gaps from top to bottom?

My stage 2 will have a data from a trackman session and a comparison to my regular irons.

Driver:  :ping-small:  G 10.5* W/Tour Stiff 65g Ping Shaft   

Fairway Woods:  :cobra-small:  Cobra F6 13.5*, F6 Baffler 16*  

Irons: Split Set-  :ping-small: i200 3i - 7i ,  :benhogan-small: Ft Worth 15s, 8 (36), 9 (40), PW (44) 

Wedges: :benhogan-small:  TK, 52* & 56*

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin 

Bag:  :ping-small: Hoofer 5way

Balls:  :taylormade-small: TP5/X

A wise man once told me...

"High as the mountain... green as the grass.... down comes a billy goat..... sliding on his overcoat."

And he also said...

"the wind blew and the sh!t flew"

- Alan

Words to live by  :D

:taylormade-small: SLDR 10.5 Oban HB

:taylormade-small: R11s Rip Phenom

:Hogan: Ft. Worth Black Irons

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54

:cleveland-small: CG10 58

:EVNROLL: EV 5.3 Duo

• SPY VIP

Shanksters Stage 1

Hey guys and gals!!

(First I would like to thank MyGolfSpy and PING for the opportunity to test these clubs, it is truly a honor!)

attachicon.gifIMG_1064.JPG

Thanks for stopping by!!

- Alan

Is there a defect on the sole of the irons or did they come with some sort of protective film? Something looks terribly off in this pic.

post-69396-149805587178.jpg

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Is there a defect on the sole of the irons or did they come with some sort of protective film? Something looks terribly off in this pic.

attachicon.gifpost-69396-149805587178.jpg

Glad to answer MBP! The little chrome numbers come with a film on them to "protect" them? This was the start of my unboxing photos, then no joke as I said the dang dog ate the box. I had seen this elsewhere and thought it was odd, but ping must be proud of that chrome, and they were kind of a pain to get off.

Best packing job I have ever seen, foamie head covers which I've lost most of them by now, the film on the numbers, bubble wrapped, rubber banded together, and they had something on the grips too, but that later became part of my dogs diet.

- Alan

Read through all the first stage reviews last night and this morning, really liking the mix of styles and material you guys are putting together. Seems like all of you have put a good amount of time and effort into this, which I really appreciate. Love the back ground info and the character of each, it gives the reader more of an idea of the perspective the reviewer is approaching this from. Really well done folks, cant wait for round 2!

just starting to build my set

irons: Adams pro A12 3-pw KBS tour

woods: zenith orbiter 3 and 5

driver: Bombtech Grenade 9* Stiff

wedges: tour edge 56*

Oh I forgot to say that shankster is killing it with the videos. I was just waiting for the plate to shatter, and was cheering for the grill shot to end up in the turtle sand box in the background haha. Nice work shankster!

Oh I forgot to say that shankster is killing it with the videos. I was just waiting for the plate to shatter, and was cheering for the grill shot to end up in the turtle sand box in the background haha. Nice work shankster!

Thanks! Everyone here is doing a great job! Can't wait to read how dang3rtown, mdumble21, opsimpson, and Bones like or not like these for the stage 2.

Stay tuned! I have a feeling the Stage 2's will be even better. I am looking forward to the groups opinions! Keep on rocking i200 testers!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Hey Spies! I'm putting together my stage 2 review and would love to get some feedback from you as to; any specific questions you would like answered, points of focus, pictures, video, etc.

Thanks!

I'm currently using the Ping i iron. I'd love to know if there really is much of a difference between them.

I know behind the ball the i200 look smaller or thinner I should say (just from seeing a few at the local shop) but would they be worth the upgrade?

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Anyone play in wet and windy conditions a lot?

Right here! June has been much better, but may was wet as all get out and it's normally always pretty windy here in Halifax. Something about being by the ocean I'm told ;)

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I was browsing my local shop looking for a 52-10 MD3 and walked passed a few sets of these that were either demo'd or returned. Picked them up just to touch the pretties and they reminded me a lot of my old Eye 2s in terms of look. Interested to hear how they feel off the face, I'm playing my first forged iron ever and I really like how soft it feels when I pure it. Almost feels like you didn't hit anything at all!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Right here! June has been much better, but may was wet as all get out and it's normally always pretty windy here in Halifax. Something about being by the ocean I'm told ;)

I'll have some specific things about wet conditions for you and everyone else to enjoy. It's been super soggy this year. I'm sick of it!

Yes I'm wondering how these perform out of the rough compared to your current irons. In my experience, some irons shine here while with others it can be a huge weak point.

WIT  :titelist-small: Sta Dry Bag:

Driver:       :taylormade-small: '17 M2

Woods:     :taylormade-small: M2 3W and 5W

Hybrids:   :callaway-logo-1: Apex 3h and 5h  

Irons:          :mizuno-small:   MP 18 MMC

Wedges:   :callaway-logo-1: MD PM Grind, 56* and 60*

Putter:      :scotty-cameron-1: California Sonoma

Yes I'm wondering how these perform out of the rough compared to your current irons. In my experience, some irons shine here while with others it can be a huge weak point.

Been in the rough plenty with these. Some on purpose too!! They have a slightly wider sole than my Taylormade's and more bounce and about a point light on the swing weight scale (D1 vs D2 on the old sticks), anyways they perform very well from the rough, and the rough here is pretty shaggy, and Knarley.

I'd say if I make a good pass at the ball I can still control the flight from the rough, but miss hits from the rough are definitely punished in the distance department... just like my other clubs.

So after all that. I would say they are slightly better than my gamers.

- Alan