TESTERS WANTED! ×

Wilson Price Drop

kevin1889

I had my eyes on the Wilson C200's and noticed just recently that the price dropped about 25% on the C200's and the Triton driver.  I'm not that in tune with the club making industry, is this a reflection of poor performance or that they have some new stuff coming out soon?  Seemed like the C200's got fairly decent reviews.

Anybody have any insights?

No inside info here.  But my guess is you hit on two very possible valid points.   The price drop could be to improve lagging sales, and there is always something new coming.   I believe the C200 is coming up on a 18 month release date if not 24 month. So there definitely could be something coming down the pike in the fall.  

But you are right, the clubs did get good reviews and I saw them in hand and had a chance to hit them.   But I had just purchased a set of irons very recently prior to that.  

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I play them and they are great irons, lots of GI characteristics, but without a lot of the 'bulk'

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

I think Wilson gets lots of love here Rikki, I'm on my second set of Wilson irons in the past 5 years and know several MGSers who bag them.

It's the 18 month mark on the C200. Wilson just released the D300. I'm pretty confident that the C300 will come out in the Spring.

I'm not as sure on the Triton - I generated some buzz but with a new driver vs. driver series coming out it could be replaced by the next winner.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I think Wilson gets lots of love here Rikki, I'm on my second set of Wilson irons in the past 5 years and know several MGSers who bag them.

It's the 18 month mark on the C200. Wilson just released the D300. I'm pretty confident that the C300 will come out in the Spring.

I'm not as sue on the Triton - I generated some buzz but with a new driver vs. driver series coming out it could be replaced by the next winner.

I meant New England not mgs sorry I should've specified. Lol. There's never a line at demo days for Wilson and it's a shame. But you're right c300 should be out soon.

I think Wilson is going to have another TV series, contest like they did with the Triton driver, coming soon.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

It'll be two years for the C200 come January, so they're plan is to update them - I'm guessing they'll be the C300.  Expect Wilson to announce them sometime this fall, with availability beginning in January. Same thing for the FG Tour F5 irons, driver, FW's and hybrids - updates should be announced this fall.  

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Took advantage of it and bought a FG tour V4 driving iron for peanuts. It has the Kuro Kage shaft I love so it was a no brainer for the price. After a session at the driving range with it, it might be the bargain of the season for me.

WIT  :titelist-small: Sta Dry Bag:

Driver:       :taylormade-small: '17 M2

Woods:     :taylormade-small: M2 3W and 5W

Hybrids:   :callaway-logo-1: Apex 3h and 5h  

Irons:          :mizuno-small:   MP 18 MMC

Wedges:   :callaway-logo-1: MD PM Grind, 56* and 60*

Putter:      :scotty-cameron-1: California Sonoma

I had my eyes on the Wilson C200's and noticed just recently that the price dropped about 25% on the C200's and the Triton driver. I'm not that in tune with the club making industry, is this a reflection of poor performance or that they have some new stuff coming out soon? Seemed like the C200's got fairly decent reviews.

Anybody have any insights?

Well....did u get the Wilsons?

If u did r u happy with them ?

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Rock Bottom Golf now has the Wilson Staff Triton for a reduced price..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I wish that W/S would combine the FG Tour 5 replacement with the C200 replacement. 

If they could make a nice GI iron with the Flex Face tech with a slimmer top line they would have a winner for sure.

Well....did u get the Wilsons?

If u did r u happy with them ?

I haven't pulled the trigger yet. I'm spending some good money on lessons, resulting in some significant swing changes.  My pro suggested that my current clubs are fine.  Even with the price drop I'd probably be better off using the money for more lessons.  I'm very tempted though, it's hard not to spend money on shiny new golf toys!

I haven't pulled the trigger yet. I'm spending some good money on lessons, resulting in some significant swing changes. My pro suggested that my current clubs are fine. Even with the price drop I'd probably be better off using the money for more lessons. I'm very tempted though, it's hard not to spend money on shiny new golf toys!

A good teaching Pro is priceless.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Archived