TESTERS WANTED! ×

Your Golf Rig

downlowkey

Kenny B posted an interesting 2-wheel rig in "Pics From the Course" and it inspired me to share my personal golf rig. So without further ado, allow me to introduce the Pukka Rig.

Pukka Rig.jpg

Made in the good ole' USA, this electric scooter has plenty of punch to lift the front wheel off the deck (not recommended) and the solid steel frame is indestructible. I live a shade over a mile from my home course with a nice wide hike & bike trail connecting the two. So when the weather is nice I hook my Tour Trek 360 to the seat post anchor point and head out. The trip down the hill to the course takes ~7 min; the uphill return trip is more like ~10 min.

She's quiet, reliable and everyone seems to get a kick out of me rolling up on this hog. Every single trip I get honks from cars, thumbs up and snickering. But my favorite is the unsolicited guesses regarding what I must have done to lose my driver's license. I just think it's a fun way to get to the course and feel good about saving some fossil fuel. I also find it preferable to getting into a blazing hot car after the round and when I factor in the normal push cart breakdown procedure for loading everything into the back of the Subaru, it's actually a quicker means of conveyance.

Post your rigs and feel free to ask any questions about my experience with the Pukka.

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

But my favorite is the unsolicited guesses regarding what I must have done to lose my driver's license.

LOL

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

On 6/21/2017 at 2:50 PM, yungkory said:

LOL

It really is crazy how many folks presume the only reason I would possibly ride this thing must surely involve being legally barred from operating a motor vehicle on public roads. Can't a guy embrace a little weirdness without being presupposed an indigent criminal?

BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS

It really is crazy how many folks presume the only reason I would possibly ride this thing must surely involve being legally barred from operating a motor vehicle on public roads. Can't a guy embrace a little weirdness without being presupposed an indigent criminal?

It's different, people are afraid of different.

I think it's cool as s***. Keep being yourself and forget the haters!

Kenny B posted an interesting 2-wheel rig in "Pics From the Course" and it inspired me to share my personal golf rig. So without further ado, allow me to introduce the Pukka Rig.

attachicon.gifPukka Rig.jpg

Made in the good ole' USA, this electric scooter has plenty of punch to lift the front wheel off the deck (not recommended) and the solid steel frame is indestructible. I live a shade over a mile from my home course with a nice wide hike & bike trail connecting the two. So when the weather is nice I hook my Tour Trek 360 to the seat post anchor point and head out. The trip down the hill to the course takes ~7 min; the uphill return trip is more like ~10 min. She's quiet, reliable and everyone seems to get a kick out of me rolling up on this hog. Every single trip I get honks from cars, thumbs up and snickering. But my favorite is the unsolicited guesses regarding what I must have done to lose my driver's license. I just think it's a fun way to get to the course and feel good about saving some fossil fuel. I also find it preferable to getting into a blazing hot car after the round and when I factor in the normal push cart breakdown procedure for loading everything into the back of the Subaru, it's actually a quicker means of conveyance.

Post your rigs and feel free to ask any questions about my experience with the Pukka.

LOL neat as heck-- Seems you have a little redneck engineer in you--- Do you have any battery issues with the pull back up the hill?

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

On 6/21/2017 at 5:11 PM, BIG STU said:

LOL neat as heck-- Seems you have a little redneck engineer in you--- Do you have any battery issues with the pull back up the hill?

As a former South TX ranch hand, I probably have equal parts redneck ingenuity and shamelessness.

Last Summer I dropped in a fresh 12 volt. She gets ~20 miles in the low speed setting w/o a trailer; more like ~8 miles with high speed selected. The speed controller has a temperature limiting circuit so it automatically shuts off if she gets too hot on the long uphill grades. But I don't run into any overheating on the trips back from the course w/ the Tour Trek 360 in tow. And if I do flip the temperature limit circuit, a quick off/on is the only requirement to reset and continue on your way.

Made in the good ole' USA, this electric scooter has plenty of punch to lift the front wheel off the deck (not recommended) and the solid steel frame is indestructible. I live a shade over a mile from my home course with a nice wide hike & bike trail connecting the two. So when the weather is nice I hook my Tour Trek 360 to the seat post anchor point and head out. The trip down the hill to the course takes ~7 min; the uphill return trip is more like ~10 min. She's quiet, reliable and everyone seems to get a kick out of me rolling up on this hog. Every single trip I get honks from cars, thumbs up and snickering. But my favorite is the unsolicited guesses regarding what I must have done to lose my driver's license. I just think it's a fun way to get to the course and feel good about saving some fossil fuel. I also find it preferable to getting into a blazing hot car after the round and when I factor in the normal push cart breakdown procedure for loading everything into the back of the Subaru, it's actually a quicker means of conveyance.

Now that's something I'd like to c

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

If a certain shop attendant is working, I have even been able to take this rig out on the course for an exceptionally quick 9 holes.

I really want a GolfBoard but after inquiring with our Head Professional about potentially riding around on one of their products, the answer was a polite but firm "hell no".

If a certain shop attendant is working, I have even been able to take this rig out on the course for an exceptionally quick 9 holes.

I really want a GolfBoard but after inquiring with our Head Professional about potentially riding around one of their products, the answer was a polite but firm "hell no".

That's a bummer. I want a golf board too. This place would probably think I stole it from Back to the Future....

- Alan

Not quite as cool but I saw this BMW touring bike with a golf bag attachment the other day. Pretty neat!

IMG_0230.JPG

Driver:  :ping-small:  G 10.5* W/Tour Stiff 65g Ping Shaft   

Fairway Woods:  :cobra-small:  Cobra F6 13.5*, F6 Baffler 16*  

Irons: Split Set-  :ping-small: i200 3i - 7i ,  :benhogan-small: Ft Worth 15s, 8 (36), 9 (40), PW (44) 

Wedges: :benhogan-small:  TK, 52* & 56*

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin 

Bag:  :ping-small: Hoofer 5way

Balls:  :taylormade-small: TP5/X

Not quite as cool but I saw this BMW touring bike with a golf bag attachment the other day. Pretty neat!

attachicon.gifIMG_0230.JPG

Nice! That is very similar to the rig Kenny B posted inspiring this thread. And the touring Beemer setup is arguably much cooler than mine. I feel like people see me and are immediately reminded of the scene from Dumb & Dumber..."Traded the van for it, straight up. I can get 70 miles to the gallon on this hog."

Nice! That is very similar to the rig Kenny B posted inspiring this thread. And the touring Beemer setup is arguably much cooler than mine. I feel like people see me and are immediately reminded of the scene from Dumb & Dumber..."Traded the van for it, straight up. I can get 70 miles to the gallon on this hog."

Oh yeah, I posted this in comparison to your scooter! That scooter is way cooler than this rich dude jalopy!

Driver:  :ping-small:  G 10.5* W/Tour Stiff 65g Ping Shaft   

Fairway Woods:  :cobra-small:  Cobra F6 13.5*, F6 Baffler 16*  

Irons: Split Set-  :ping-small: i200 3i - 7i ,  :benhogan-small: Ft Worth 15s, 8 (36), 9 (40), PW (44) 

Wedges: :benhogan-small:  TK, 52* & 56*

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin 

Bag:  :ping-small: Hoofer 5way

Balls:  :taylormade-small: TP5/X

I honestly don't know what I'd do if I saw someone riding that around on the course. At first I'd probably laugh at them, but then I know I'd ask if I can take it for a spin. That's a gnarly little rig.

Driver: Ping G 9.5*

Fairway: TaylorMade AeroBurner

Hybrid: Adams Blue

Irons: TaylorMade Burner 2.0

Wedges: TaylorMade Tour Preferred EF

Putter: Odyssey O-Works #1

On 6/22/2017 at 8:08 PM, BDubya23 said:

I honestly don't know what I'd do if I saw someone riding that around on the course. At first I'd probably laugh at them, but then I know I'd ask if I can take it for a spin. That's a gnarly little rig.

Hahaha! This thing definitely brings joy to complete strangers.

And you're correct about it being gnarly. The combo of small diameter tires, ridiculously short wheel base and relatively tall ride height mean if you get the urge to scratch your nose, it's best to either ignore it or pull over.

Hahaha! This thing definitely brings joy to complete strangers.

And you're correct about it being gnarly. The combo of small diameter tires, ridiculously short wheel base and relatively tall ride height mean if you get the urge to scratch your nose, it's best to either ignore it or pull over.

How fast does the thing go when nothing is hooked up to it?

Driver: Ping G 9.5*

Fairway: TaylorMade AeroBurner

Hybrid: Adams Blue

Irons: TaylorMade Burner 2.0

Wedges: TaylorMade Tour Preferred EF

Putter: Odyssey O-Works #1

How fast does the thing go when nothing is hooked up to it?

With a full charge in the high speed setting, the school zone radar sign down the street clocks me at 19 mph. Which is faster than am I comfortable riding it sober.

The pic I took should probably be in this thread. I took it yesterday in my club's parking lot.  It's not mine BTW!!

IMG_0726.jpg

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

This is truly amazing! Way to be inventive!

:callaway-small:  Epic Flash SZ 9o w/ Ventus 6X

:callaway-small:  Rogue 4wd w/ ATMOS Red 7X

:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 20o w/ ATMOS Blue 7S tipped 1"

:mizuno-small:  JPX 900 Tour 4i - PW (standard lofts) Rifle

:titelist-small:  SM6 51o, 59o, SM7 55o   

:titelist-small:  2019 ProV1x

:tp-mills-1: Custom Ming

I love it!  Well done and I would definitely try taking that thing out on the course :)

Maybe not the ride home though...I'd hurt myself

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

On 6/23/2017 at 8:18 AM, GolfSpy Meyer said:

I love it!  Well done and I would definitely try taking that thing out on the course :)

Maybe not the ride home though...I'd hurt myself

Thanks Meyer!

I'll install a nice cup holder on the handle bars and you can take it out anytime you like.

Maybe walk it home? 😉

On 6/22/2017 at 9:47 PM, Kenny B said:

The pic I took should probably be in this thread. I took it yesterday in my club's parking lot.  It's not mine BTW!!

attachicon.gifIMG_0726.jpg

Thanks for chiming in Kenny B; you inspired this thread.

I don't think they'd let me sneak around the course on that rig, but it looks like freedom on 2 wheels.

Downlow, I'm in.. I spent along time riding and racing Dirbikes.. that is right up my alley.. I'm gonna guess it wasnt that cheap either.. LOL.. 

but the best things usually aren't..  ;)

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

attachicon.gifIMG_0726.jpg

robocop plays golf?!

On 6/23/2017 at 12:34 PM, Reesedw said:

Downlow, I'm in.. I spent along time riding and racing Dirbikes.. that is right up my alley.. I'm gonna guess it wasnt that cheap either.. LOL.. 

but the best things usually aren't..  ;)

Funny you should ask, I bought it from my electrical engineer neighbor. He restored the whole thing top to bottom and was pretty proud of it based on asking price. But the day after I bought it, some guy on craigslist posted (2) of them as "parts" bikes and only wanted $20. So I went and picked them up planning to break them down and have tons of backup pieces. They were much more complete than he conveyed (including one fully functioning 12 volt battery) and I was able to build another complete scooter out of those two. The other one is setup with street slicks and a thumb throttle opposed to the knobbies and twist throttle I have on the golf rig. When I was still married, the wife and I would ride them down the hill to the weekly farmer's market, street fairs and take out/beer runs.

But to your point on quality, these scooters are absolute tanks. Like I mentioned in the OP, solid steel frame and the battery box is really the only significant piece of plastic on it. It's also fairly tamper proof as it takes a key to operate. The speed settings are also operated by removable key, so if your kiddo is riding, it can be locked in tame mode. Hard to find this kind of quality these days.

On 6/23/2017 at 12:44 PM, yungkory said:

robocop plays golf?!

This is hilarious!

attachicon.gifIMG_0230.JPG

I made one myself for my 76 Shovelhead Harley. Mine had the hard bags and zeus fastners. I fabricated my bag holder from another hard bag holder I had laying around. Most of the time when using this rig I used an older Burton carry bag like the old Hogan Sunjet ones. Never tried it with a mini staff or staff bag though

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

This is awesome!

hugo-boss.jpgSilvermere-Custom-Fitting-PXG-140x140.pn

Epic Sub - Zero Driver
           Callaway XR16 - 3 Wood
          Callaway XR16 - 5 Hybrid
                     PXG 0311
             Titleist SM7 50, 55, 60
                Scotty Cameron

I had to look at that pic at least three times to believe what I was seeing.    :D   If you put anyone over 200 lbs on that puppy, it would look like an elephant riding a tricycle.  I respect folks who walk to the beat of their own drum.    You need to get a video of yourself driving that little hawg and you might win a few thousand bucks on America's Funniest Videos.     ;)

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I had to look at that pic at least three times to believe what I was seeing.    :D   If you put anyone over 200 lbs on that puppy, it would look like an elephant riding a tricycle.  I respect folks who walk to the beat of their own drum.    You need to get a video of yourself driving that little hawg and you might win a few thousand bucks on America's Funniest Videos.     ;)

I was thinking the exact same thing since I am a 300lb plus. I can see this now Hey gray we will play 18 if you will please help get this scooter out of the crack of my arse!!!

Seriously that is neat as heck too bad I am too big to ride it

G

I was thinking the exact same thing since I am a 300lb plus. I can see this now Hey gray we will play 18 if you will please help get this scooter out of the crack of my arse!!!

Seriously that is neat as heck too bad I am too big to ride it

Lmao!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Archived