Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Glove Love

StrokerAce

Glove Love  

18 members have voted

1. 1. How do you use your golf glove(s) ???

• Glove ON until I putt...even between shots
    • Glove ON until I hit a shot and then I take it off between shots
    • Gloves? Who wears gloves?
    • Two gloves all the time
    • Two gloves until I putt
    • Glove ON all the time ... even when putting
    • Glove OFF when chipping/pitching

I re-grip myself and often,have tons of extra grips at home. I live to experiment or try out new ones. I'm OCD about keeping my grip clean and tacky. I have very light grip so it makes almost no difference whether I use the glove or not.

I like using glove for the act of taking it off and putting it on. It's like a trigger. It works well on the tee box, standing behind the ball and putting on the glove while focusing on my target.

Mine goes on on the 1st tee box and only comes off If i have to pee or stop at the clubhouse on the turn.. I will usually adjust it once or twice a side..

Yeah I'm the only guy who leaves it on all round..

If I'm playing a "just for fun game" I never take mine off. If I'm playing a serious game (tournament or for money) I only take it off to putt. Although I've noticed it makes little to no difference in my putting.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

CobraConnectChallenge3

Unless it's hot enough my hands are sweating or I'm playing in a serious qualifier, I don't wear one. I bought a 6-pack of Mizuno Pros for $30 shipped on eBay last Fall and I am still using the first one.

Am I the only one that keeps disposable nitrile gloves in the bag for wet conditions? They are cheap, lightweight, hand interchangeable, give great feedback and never slip in the rain. I highly recommend everyone carry a few.

PXG___0811 X 9* - Mitsubishi Diamana s60 Limited X
Cobra___S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
Adams___XTD Forged 3i - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
Adams___CMB 4-PW - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
KZG___Tri-Tour 50.08__54.10__58.12 - Accra iCWT 2.0-95i S
Nike___Method Converge B1-01 (copper insert)
Maxfli___'23 Tour X
"The most important shot in golf is the next one“

Unless it's hot enough my hands are sweating or I'm playing in a serious qualifier, I don't wear one. I bought a 6-pack of Mizuno Pros for $30 shipped on eBay last Fall and I am still using the first one.

Am I the only one that keeps disposable nitrile gloves in the bag for wet conditions? They are cheap, lightweight, hand interchangeable, give great feedback and never slip in the rain. I highly recommend everyone carry a few.

really?  Like the ones that are used in operating rooms?  I'd never ever thought of that.  

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Never would of thought of this. You may have just started a new trend

Never heard of anyone doing this, I may have to slip a few of these in my bag. I don't play in the rain that often, but when I do they can hopefully be clutch.

Driver: Ping G 9.5*

Fairway: TaylorMade AeroBurner

Hybrid: Adams Blue

Irons: TaylorMade Burner 2.0

Wedges: TaylorMade Tour Preferred EF

Putter: Odyssey O-Works #1

really? Like the ones that are used in operating rooms? I'd never ever thought of that.

Yep, I carry black ones for the intimidation factor. Makes me feel like a tattoo artist / cat burglar.

Never would of thought of this. You may have just started a new trend

One of my favorite things about MGS. I have learned all sorts of neat tips/tricks from my fellow Spies.

Never heard of anyone doing this, I may have to slip a few of these in my bag. I don't play in the rain that often, but when I do they can hopefully be clutch.

You may have prune hands at the end of the round but for me a sure grip in the rain is totally worth it.

PXG___0811 X 9* - Mitsubishi Diamana s60 Limited X
Cobra___S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
Adams___XTD Forged 3i - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
Adams___CMB 4-PW - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
KZG___Tri-Tour 50.08__54.10__58.12 - Accra iCWT 2.0-95i S
Nike___Method Converge B1-01 (copper insert)
Maxfli___'23 Tour X
"The most important shot in golf is the next one“

• 2 weeks later...

I leave my on all the time, putting and all.

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

I leave my on all the time, putting and all.

Eeee that makes me cringe. I take mine off after every shot. Definitely don't wear it putting and don't even wear it on some short chips.

I think part of it my hand gets sweaty but the other part is I try to take care of the glove the best I can (old baseball habit).

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

I wear your typical (for right handers) single glove on the left hand and keep it on for everything except putting. Goes back to how the fellas I learned from played and stuck with me. I might undo the Velcro in between shots but I don't usually take it off except when I'm on the green and goes back on once I head for the next tee unless it's really hot then I might take it off so I don't mess it up sweating.

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

Archived