Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Club Championships

scooducks

Club championship season is fast approaching, and I'm getting excited! I've haven't been striking the ball all too well lately, but still been managing decent scores. I feel like I'm really close to everything clicking, so I'm going to spend some serious time on the course this weekend and on the range and practice green next week. I will be working on my review for the Srixon Q-Star Tour ball at the same time, so a good opportunity to kill two birdies with one urethane covered stone.

One of my new years resolution last year was at to win a tournament, which I was able to do. It was just a one round league tournament, but I took top honors and won a bit of cash. 

This year, I challenged myself to win a trophy. Money is nice, but I would love to hold some hardware at the end of the day. 

I've been putting myself in a lot of pressure situations on the course lately by playing money games with guys that are WAY better than I am (ex D1 college golfers). I've also been going to the range or practice green before work or on my lunch break, and have been putting in solid hours on the course as well. If I'm close to the top on Sunday, my dad said he would sling the bag for me, which would be really fun. 

Anyone prepping for a club championship/tournament? 

WITB:

Driver: Taylormade M2 (2016) 10.5° | Fujikura Pro Stiff 60g

Fairway: Taylormade Aeroburner 2.0 TP 16.5° | Diamana Whiteboard Stiff 80g

Hybrid: Titleist 915h 21° | Diamana Blueboard Stiff 80g

Driving Iron: Titleist 712U 3 Iron | Kuro Kage Stiff 70g

Irons: Titleist AP2 714 4-PW | KBS Tour 90 Stiff Shafts

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 50°/54°/58°

Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2 | SuperStroke Mid Slim 2.0 

Ball: Taylormade TP5x

I'll play in our club championship again this year. (August) It's the only one I care to play anymore. As for prep work... None. I play enough anyway so I'll just keep on keepin on.

It's just another day on the course and I don't sweat or worry about it.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Best of luck all of our stuff in Florida is in March or October.

It's too hot for tournaments here right now so I'm using the time to get my swing together and try to play in a couple of October tournaments

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Best of luck all of our stuff in Florida is in March or October.

It's too hot for tournaments here right now so I'm using the time to get my swing together and try to play in a couple of October tournaments

Hmmmm--Our member/member was last weekend, our member guest is July 8th, and our club championship (Valley/Stadium rotation!!) is July 29/30.  Little heat or humidity don't stop us!!

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

My clubs invitational tournament starts tomorrow with a "shootout" then Saturday and Sunday the big daddy. I've never played in it (work always got in the way) but this year here I go. I've played every single day the last two weeks with range sessions and a couple of rounds with the club pro. I've noticed as it's upon me now I've been putting to much pressure on myself to perfect everything. My game is nowhere near perfect and never will be. I've accepted that and will go out and play MY game and let the outcome be what it is.

CobraConnectChallenge3

Our club championship is one month away. I am out of town for work the entire week before so hopefully there is a driving range nearby.

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9