TESTERS WANTED! ×

What's wrong with Bubba?

Rickp

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

May not be popular for this but I can't stand bubba. Him and Ian poulter are my least favorite golfers and have one of them faces.

I'm neutral on Bubba but we had a guy make quite a name from r himself starting a thread about how much he disliked Bubba around four years ago or so.

Personal preference is personal preference so I say go ahead and have your family own least favorites.

Mine were Greg Norman and Fred Couples. Neither had the results to match their hype. For those who want to tout Norman's run as world number one consider well that his agent invented the ranking criteria and it has changed significantly - both Seve and Faldo have better records than Norman and Langer's is identical.

Fred has no business in the Hall of Fame as a golfer but apparently he's such a great guy that everyone who matters loves him.

Both were fine golfers but a notch or two below their hype. It's not their fault that I wouldn't root for them. Just circumstance.

I think Bubba is a lightning rod. People either seem to love him or hate him.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I like Bubba (maybe because he's a lefty), but don't necessarily hate him. I know he has a number of business interests maybe those are taking away his interest in the game. He certainly hasn't performed well recently although he is tied for 7th going into the WM Friday.

On my dislike list McIlroy and Rahm would be at the top.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I like Bubba (maybe because he's a lefty)

On my dislike list McIlroy and Rahm would be at the top.

I think that's one of the reasons I also like him, but I hear he's one of the most hated on tour.

What makes you dislike Rahm and Rory?

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

I think that's one of the reasons I also like him, but I hear he's one of the most hated on tour.

My experience at the US Open in 2016 at Oakmont is what makes me dislike Rory. We got there super early to see everyone, there were 3 people around and Rory refused to acknowledge any fans or sign anything for anyone, later in the day when cameras were around Rory was Mr Fan Friendly.

Bubba on the other hand was nice to all fans, signed probably 500 things for people, talked with everyone.

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

Bubba is an interesting case. That one player survey really blew up his good reputation.

Up until that point, all you ever saw was pieces on him doing things for kids, or backflipping off boats, or having a good time with fellow golfer friends, or signing every single autograph requested.

Once that survey came out, I was honestly flabbergasted. "Bubba? Really? No way." Then, you hardly ever see him on camera. If you do, you're seeing him complain, big league fans, and hit bad shots.

I think this is a good case of the media influencing our opinion of people in the public eye. Personally, I like him. I like that he has a swing that would give an instructor a coronary but still competes. I like how he's not afraid to take bold chances with style and appearance. And I REALLY like that he's self made and pulled the professional golf trigger late in life.

Maybe the other golfers voted him down because he's not in the good ole boys network? I can relate to that and I'm sure many of you can too.

Maybe he just needs to start hitting good golf shots again so all this speculation can go away.

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

I don't know him well enough to hate him or like him. All we get is a media slant on any celebrity. What I have learned from this is that I don't like the media. That's all I have to say about that.

Driver: Cobra F8 Tour length

3W: Cobra King F7 3/4 Wood

5W: Cobra King F7 5/6 Wood

Hybrid 3/4: Cobra F7 20.5*

Irons: 5 to PW Taylormade P790

A Wedge: 48* Vokey SM6 F grind

S Wedge: 54* Vokey SM6 M grind

L Wedge: 58* Vokey SM6 M grind

Putter: Rife Two Bar Hybrid 35" P2 Aware Tour grip

Ball: Taylormade TP 5X

Bag: Hot Z Canadian flag 🇨🇦

want to like Bubba. When he's on, I don't know that anyone on Tour is more fun to watch, just from a golf perspective. His driver can keep up with the big dogs, but he has the imagination of Phil with his irons and wedges. I love guys who pull off shots that just make me laugh in amazement at what they've just done. I don't think there's really anyone else like him.

But watching him is often so joyless. Some people's happiness is contagious; for me, Bubba's grumpiness is contagious. I get annoyed with him seeming to be annoyed with everything during the round.

[Not attempting to turn this into any kind of religious debate.] And an added factor for me is that Bubba is well-known as a professing Christian. The reality is that that (legitimately) carries with it certain expectations of a way of carrying yourself. My point here isn't to make a judgment about Bubba's Christianity; it is to say that I know his demeanor makes it easy for others to regard him (and by extension, other Christians) as hypocritical.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

Bubba is fine. More players should get mad like him. Like when he gets fans kicked out for yelling profanity, before shots whatever it may be.

Sometimes it's a little over the top, but that is partially the golf channel or whatever network is covering it for sticking with him. He is trying to make a living just like the rest of them. He isn't anymore annoying than JS or JT for me.

He isn't anymore annoying than JS or JT for me.

What is it about Speith? I am very annoyed by him but I can't put my finger on why. Some of it is due to the way the announcers verbally fellate him more often than not, but many others are in the same boat and I don't get annoyed.

EDIT: Just curious, does anyone know how a topic about a player ends up in the "Rules" forum? I'm a little OCD about things like this.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

It's really about attitude. I was put off with Rory when he didn't want to play in the olympics. Rahm just his attitude on the course. They're probably both good guys but I just get a bad vibe from them. But then I don't care for M. Wie either - when you compare her photos with Lexi, Wie is all about glam shots, and Lexi is about working out and improving skills. Just my 2 cents.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

What is it about Speith? I am very annoyed by him but I can't put my finger on why. Some of it is due to the way the announcers verbally fellate him more often than not, but many others are in the same boat and I don't get annoyed.

This is merely how I perceive it, how it comes across to me: when things go wrong for Bubba, he whines like the entire universe is conspiring against him ("Mudball!" #prayforTedScott, etc). When things go wrong for Jordan, he whines against himself. Since, when I miss a shot, I most commonly yell my own name in frustration, I relate more to Jordan.

Again, others might perceive both guys differently.

Full WITB with pictures

I wonder what Jack, and the greats said when things went sideways.

Bubba yelling at a mudball or waiting for 15 minutes is directly related to the outcome of his game. Or yelling at his caddie for giving him the wrong distance.

I look at is as if you were a mechanic and the parts guy gave you the wrong parts, he is taking away from your time and profit.

I wonder what Jack, and the greats said when things went sideways.

Bubba yelling at a mudball or waiting for 15 minutes is directly related to the outcome of his game. Or yelling at his caddie for giving him the wrong distance.

I look at is as if you were a mechanic and the parts guy gave you the wrong parts, he is taking away from your time and profit.

I get the idea, advocated by some, that for peak performance, you find something or someone else to blame for anything that goes wrong. It's a "power of positive thinking" kind of thing: when I hit a great shot, it's because of me, but a bad shot must have been caused by something other than me, because I'm the kind of person who hits great shots.

Those who subscribe to this theory assume that one important role of the caddie is to be a verbal punching bag for the player. I think we saw some of this in the Rhein Gibson discussion, when his caddie said that he plays better when he's angry, even though he's a good guy off the course.

At this point, we're talking psychology even more than golf, and we might be going even deeper than that. You can make a case that it's different at the professional level, when livelihoods are at stake. But for us, one of the values of games is that they reveal and develop character. And the kind of person who is quick to take credit for accomplishment but quick to assign blame to others when things go bad is not the kind of person I want to be like.

This goes back to the Bubba vs. Jordan comparison. Maybe it's contrived, but I appreciate the fact that when things go bad, Jordan says "I," but when things are going well, he says "we."

Full WITB with pictures

I think Bubba gives Teddy props. He hasn't won in so long that I haven't seen an interview.

I see both sides there.

He also gave him a truck.

And for what it's worth, lest I seem like I'm piling on Bubba, I think there likely are other factors that contribute to how he comes across. This older Golf Digest article definitely shapes why, despite everything I've said above, I still want him to do well: https://www.golfdigest.com/story/cover-story-being-bubba-watson

Full WITB with pictures

EDIT: Just curious, does anyone know how a topic about a player ends up in the "Rules" forum? I'm a little OCD about things like this.

I remember watching the video about Spieth's ordeal during the Presidents Cup when he stopped Louis Oosthuizen's putt after it was long, and he made a remark about wanting the crowd to shut up, so he picked it up.

To be fair it is was because was the US crowd was being obnoxious and yelling for the ball to keep rolling aways from the hole. Spieth was trying to show sportsmanship to the oppenent that was already out of the hole so he scooped up the ball.

Ahh, yeah that makes more sense. I wasn't sure what exactly they were yelling, but that makes it more understandable now.

My experience at the US Open in 2016 at Oakmont is what makes me dislike Rory. We got there super early to see everyone, there were 3 people around and Rory refused to acknowledge any fans or sign anything for anyone, later in the day when cameras were around Rory was Mr Fan Friendly.

Bubba on the other hand was nice to all fans, signed probably 500 things for people, talked with everyone.

That is my problem with Greg Norman. When the camera was around he was Mr Wonderful, no camera “get away from me kid “.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

As much as I dislike JS. The way he gave Danny Willet a green jacket made me feel for the kid just that once. Willet got the jacket by default. He did have a great 4th round, but all JS to do was par out.

Whoops.

I'm neutral on Bubba but we had a guy make quite a name from r himself starting a thread about how much he disliked Bubba around four years ago or so.

Personal preference is personal preference so I say go ahead and have your family own least favorites.

Mine were Greg Norman and Fred Couples. Neither had the results to match their hype. For those who want to tout Norman's run as world number one consider well that his agent invented the ranking criteria and it has changed significantly - both Seve and Faldo have better records than Norman and Langer's is identical.

Fred has no business in the Hall of Fame as a golfer but apparently he's such a great guy that everyone who matters loves him.

Both were fine golfers but a notch or two below their hype. It's not their fault that I wouldn't root for them. Just circumstance.

I think Bubba is a lightning rod. People either seem to love him or hate him.

Just going to leave this here re: Fred Couples HOF Criteria-

PGA TOUR VICTORIES (15)

1983 Kemper Open

1984 Tournament Players Championship

1987 Byron Nelson Golf Classic

1990 Nissan Los Angeles Open

1991 Federal Express St. Jude Classic, B.C. Open

1992 Nissan Los Angeles Open, Nestle Invitational, Masters Tournament

1993 Honda Classic

1994 Buick Open

1996 THE PLAYERS Championship

1998 Bob Hope Chrysler Classic, Memorial Tournament

2003 Shell Houston Open

PGA TOUR CHAMPIONS VICTORIES (13)

2010 The ACE Group Classic, Toshiba Classic, The Cap Cana Championship, Administaff Small Business Classic

2011 Constellation Energy Senior Players Championship, AT&T Championship

2012 Mississippi Gulf Resort Classic, The Senior Open Championship presented by Rolex

2013 Charles Schwab Cup Championship

2014 Toshiba Classic, Shaw Charity Classic

2017 Chubb Classic, American Family Insurance Championship

INTERNATIONAL VICTORIES (5)

1991 Johnnie Walker World Championship

1994 World Cup [indiv]

1995 Dubai Desert Classic [Eur]

1995 Johnnie Walker Classic [Eur]

1995 Johnnie Walker World Championship [Eur]

ADDITIONAL VICTORIES (25)

1983 JCPenney Classic [with Jan Stephenson]

1990 Franklin Templeton Shark Shootout [with Raymond Floyd]

1990 Sazale Classic

1990 RMCC Invitational

1992 World Cup [with Davis Love III]

1993 Telus Skins Game, World Cup [with Davis Love III]

1993 Dunhill Cup [with John Daly and Payne Stewart].

1994 Telus Skins Game

1994 Franklin Templeton Shark Shootout [with Brad Faxon]

1994 World Cup [with Davis Love III]

1995 Skins Game

1995 World Cup [with Davis Love III]

1996 Telus Skins Game

1996 Skins Game

1998 Telus Skins Game

1999 Franklin Templeton Shark Shootout [with David Duval]

1999 Skins Game

1999 Diners Club Matches [with Mark Calcavecchia]

2000 Telus Skins Game

2001 Hyundai Team Matches [with Mark Calcavecchia]

2003 Skins Game

2003 Tylenol Par-3 Shootout at Treetops Resort

2004 Skins Game

2004 Tylenol Par-3 Shootout at Treetops Resort

2006 ING Par-3 Shootout

NATIONAL TEAMS

1994, 1996, 1998, 2005 The Presidents Cup

2009, 2011, 2013 The Presidents Cup Captain

1989, 1991, 1993, 1995, 1997 Ryder Cup

1992, 1993, 1994, 1995 World Cup

1984 USA vs. Japan

1990, 1991 Asahi Glass Four Tours World Championship of Golf

1991, 1992, 1993, 1994 Dunhill Cup

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 10.5 *NEW* Fujikura Pro Green 65 X

:callaway-small: Rogue 15 degree Evnflow Blue 6.5

Back in the Bag :srixon-small: Z765 4-G Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

:vokey-small: 54 and 60

:bobby-grace-1: Amazing Grace Ass Kicker

Just going to leave this here re: Fred Couples HOF Criteria-

PGA TOUR VICTORIES (15)

1983 Kemper Open

1984 Tournament Players Championship

1987 Byron Nelson Golf Classic

1990 Nissan Los Angeles Open

1991 Federal Express St. Jude Classic, B.C. Open

1992 Nissan Los Angeles Open, Nestle Invitational, Masters Tournament

1993 Honda Classic

1994 Buick Open

1996 THE PLAYERS Championship

1998 Bob Hope Chrysler Classic, Memorial Tournament

2003 Shell Houston Open

PGA TOUR CHAMPIONS VICTORIES (13)

2010 The ACE Group Classic, Toshiba Classic, The Cap Cana Championship, Administaff Small Business Classic

2011 Constellation Energy Senior Players Championship, AT&T Championship

2012 Mississippi Gulf Resort Classic, The Senior Open Championship presented by Rolex

2013 Charles Schwab Cup Championship

2014 Toshiba Classic, Shaw Charity Classic

2017 Chubb Classic, American Family Insurance Championship

INTERNATIONAL VICTORIES (5)

1991 Johnnie Walker World Championship

1994 World Cup [indiv]

1995 Dubai Desert Classic [Eur]

1995 Johnnie Walker Classic [Eur]

1995 Johnnie Walker World Championship [Eur]

ADDITIONAL VICTORIES (25)

1983 JCPenney Classic [with Jan Stephenson]

1990 Franklin Templeton Shark Shootout [with Raymond Floyd]

1990 Sazale Classic

1990 RMCC Invitational

1992 World Cup [with Davis Love III]

1993 Telus Skins Game, World Cup [with Davis Love III]

1993 Dunhill Cup [with John Daly and Payne Stewart].

1994 Telus Skins Game

1994 Franklin Templeton Shark Shootout [with Brad Faxon]

1994 World Cup [with Davis Love III]

1995 Skins Game

1995 World Cup [with Davis Love III]

1996 Telus Skins Game

1996 Skins Game

1998 Telus Skins Game

1999 Franklin Templeton Shark Shootout [with David Duval]

1999 Skins Game

1999 Diners Club Matches [with Mark Calcavecchia]

2000 Telus Skins Game

2001 Hyundai Team Matches [with Mark Calcavecchia]

2003 Skins Game

2003 Tylenol Par-3 Shootout at Treetops Resort

2004 Skins Game

2004 Tylenol Par-3 Shootout at Treetops Resort

2006 ING Par-3 Shootout

NATIONAL TEAMS

1994, 1996, 1998, 2005 The Presidents Cup

2009, 2011, 2013 The Presidents Cup Captain

1989, 1991, 1993, 1995, 1997 Ryder Cup

1992, 1993, 1994, 1995 World Cup

1984 USA vs. Japan

1990, 1991 Asahi Glass Four Tours World Championship of Golf

1991, 1992, 1993, 1994 Dunhill Cup

Certainly can't deny those accomplishments but was the field as competitive as it is today with all of the young players? Don't know the answer but just curious.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Certainly can't deny those accomplishments but was the field as competitive as it is today with all of the young players? Don't know the answer but just curious.

Over the length of his career Couples had wins against players ranging from Jack Nicklaus to Tiger Woods. Ray Floyd, Tom Watson, Tom Kite, Seve Ballesteros, Nick Price, Nick Faldo, Greg Norman, Ernie Els, Davis Love III, Justin Leonard, Vijay Singh, Payne Stewart, Phil Mickelson, Jack and Tiger and others I've forgotten all had Major wins during Fred's playing career. I think that puts his 15 victories over a 20 year span in pretty good company. A couple other notable things in Fred's resume:

-PGA Tour wins over 20 years. That's beating a lot of different fields over a long time. If you look at the above list only a handful of those great champions have that sort of longevity

-The International Victories all predate WGC events but were the best of what was out there at the time

-National Teams and Captain show a level of respect from his peers well above and beyond that of lesser players. I know that he was a captains selection at least once or twice, but the overwhelming majority of those were earned on points

-The silly season "other events". No doubt these were cash cows but they show a willingness to be a face of the tour time after time in a less than traditional setting. I think that went a long way in generating that universal "likeability" factor he's so we'll known for.

I honestly don't see the case against Couples. Yes he only had the one major. Is that the whole argument?

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 10.5 *NEW* Fujikura Pro Green 65 X

:callaway-small: Rogue 15 degree Evnflow Blue 6.5

Back in the Bag :srixon-small: Z765 4-G Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

:vokey-small: 54 and 60

:bobby-grace-1: Amazing Grace Ass Kicker

I had that same problem with spieth the season before last. He just annoyed me. Something happened this last season that changed my opinion. Not sure what happened to me or him but I enjoy watching him now.

Same for me with Rory. Started disliking him a lot and lately I root for him. I feel he is humbler now, more down to earth.

But Spieth, I still dislike very much lol

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Way back at the beginning of this thread, someone suggested that it was Bubba's body and Ball.

Correct on both fronts I believe. I believe Bubba cut out excess ‘sugar' and switched to ‘Volvik'

Since I'm not a tour player I can't speak about ‘Pro V1x' vs. ‘Volvik' but I can about sugar. Cut excess or added sugar in your diet and you lose weight, especially if you indulge.

However I did notice that Bubba is back playing ‘Pro V's' at WM. I think you'll see this golfing savant begin to trend back towards his former self. As for his diet, he's a Dad now, suspect allot of his personal choices going forward are much less ‘personal' and far more “We” than “Me”

My $0.2

Cheers

Jp

Way back at the beginning of this thread, someone suggested that it was Bubba's body and Ball.

Correct on both fronts I believe. I believe Bubba cut out excess ‘sugar' and switched to ‘Volvik'

Since I'm not a tour player I can't speak about ‘Pro V1x' vs. ‘Volvik' but I can about sugar. Cut excess or added sugar in your diet and you lose weight, especially if you indulge.

However I did notice that Bubba is back playing ‘Pro V's' at WM. I think you'll see this golfing savant begin to trend back towards his former self. As for his diet, he's a Dad now, suspect allot of his personal choices going forward are much less ‘personal' and far more “We” than “Me”

My $0.2

Cheers

Jp

That might have been me but about weight loss and ball. Was a long time ago. Anyway he's changed his ball he doesn't look like he's anorexic and he's seems to be playing well and a bit happier. That's good he's not my favorite player but don't dislike him either. I think with his unorthodox swing he's fun to watch.

BTW. I'm wasn't a Jon Rahm fan but he showed up at 16th hole Waste Mgt. wearing a Chris Tillman jersey he's OK by me.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Not a good day for him with that 71. At -6 slim chance of a comeback