TESTERS WANTED! ×

What keeps people from getting custom fit?

I browse a lot of golf forums and one of the major questions I see asked, is "What piece of equipment will work best for me?" They could be asking about drivers, shafts, irons, etc. but one of the answers is always "you should go get custom fit!" This is because what works for one person won't work for everyone and the only way to know for sure is to find a place that has quality launch monitors and lots of equipment choices with a knowledgable staff that can analyze your numbers correctly. All of this being said, I'm just as guilty as anyone about not getting custom fit. I have an EPIC SZ driver with 6 possible shafts I've purchased and I'm still trying to figure out which one works best for me. I'm also not certain that I even have the best driver head for my game. A good custom fitting would answer all of my questions and save me money in the long run, but I still have to schedule a fitting.

My reasons for not getting fit are as follows.

1. We do have a good custom fitter near me, but they do not have huge selection of exotic shafts and their GC2 launch monitors (they have 3 large hitting rooms) do not have HMT, so they cannot measure club data, such as true swing speed, angle of attack, swing path, strike pattern, etc. I want all of this information when I go through a fitting so I can know for sure that I have a combo that works the best for me.

2. Fitters that do have this capability, like club champion or cool clubs, are a 4 to 6 hour drive away and, while I don't mind the drive or spending the money, it's difficult, and a little selfish, for me to be gone an entire day while my wifes home with the 4 and 10 year old. Getting permission to play 18 on a Saturday morning isn't a big deal because it's only around 5 hours at the most but an entire day is too much.

At some point in my life I still want to make the trek to one of these locations and get fit for at least my driver, but in the mean time, I spend my free time reading equipment reviews trying to figure out if something will work better for me and spending too much money trying things out.

What keeps you from getting a good custom fit or have you had one that really improved part of your game?

Titleist TS3 9.5* w/Accra TZ5 65 X-Stiff
Titleist TS3 15* w/Fujikura Ventus 7X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 20* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 23* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Titleist 718 CB 5 iron w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist 718 MB 6-PW w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist SM7 Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Bettinardi Queen B 10 34.5"
Titleist Pro V1 or Snell MTB-X

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Access to a fitter and the cost I see being a big thing. I'm 6-7-10 hours from a reputable fitter.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I get this all the time. 

The point is, nobody complains about driving or even flying for miles to play some golf course and nobody bats an eyelid when they've just traded in their latest $700 driver for another one off the same rack. 

And yet somehow, the guy who can transform your game and maybe even save you money in wasted purchases is suddenly the bad guy. 

I say get off your ass and get fit. If that means a little bit of time and effort - tough. Nobody is going to drop into your backyard by helicopter and fit you with every conceivable club combination known to man.

If they are, then you'll really know the meaning of cost.

Money it's the issue. Don't have $1200 to drop on irons. I did get fitted for a driver 2 years ago and that cost me $500. Whenever I'm ready to reup i will do it but that could be some time.

Sent from my SM-G935P using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

In a similar boat, the only major store near me is a retail chain...I asked a few questions and the guy that was doing the 'fitting' had no clue what I was talking about. Salesman playing fitter, no thank you.

I've done some reading (as we all have) and have a swing talk which gives me some details, I build my own clubs so its easy enough to mess around.

But the biggest issue is that I don't want to waste a fitters time, I would feel guilty about the fact that I am not looking for him to build the set, just do a fitting so I know the numbers/information I need; then I can build it myself.

RBZ 10.5* driver

DTG Turner H-1 4/5/7 woods

Titleist AP1 irons

TM Tour Preferred wedges (50/54/58)

Hannah C curve putter

My swing speed is on the cusp, stiff flex driver, working down to a regular flex in the irons.

I get this all the time.

The point is, nobody complains about driving or even flying for miles to play some golf course and nobody bats an eyelid when they've just traded in their latest $700 driver for another one off the same rack.

And yet somehow, the guy who can transform your game and maybe even save you money in wasted purchases is suddenly the bad guy.

I say get off your ass and get fit. If that means a little bit of time and effort - tough. Nobody is going to drop into your backyard by helicopter and fit you with every conceivable club combination known to man.

If they are, then you'll really know the meaning of cost.

I'm sorry, but I am not driving 6+ hours to get fit for clubs I can only use 5 months out of the year. Yes, I will be getting fit for my next set if I am in a location that I can play year round.

- Alan

I've never been fit for anything, just static fittings. The reason being because I didn't want to walk in somewhere and attempt to get fitted with an atrocious swing at the time. It wouldn't have done much for my ego. Now, as the years have passed, I've been contemplating getting some sort of fitting.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

I'm going to get fit for a putter next Friday...but I'm lucky in that I have a Club Champion about 30 min away and a couple of other "top 100" fitters within an hour.

If I didn't I'd be just like hershey and shanks and sit on my ass and fit myself.  ;)

Fitting is good but I don't think it is absolutely required.....if I didn't have a fitter near me I'd look for an instructor.

a pair of shoes that fit won't make you a good basketball player... ::lol::

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

I hate getting fit inside. I just can't swing freely for some reason. Also, mats drive me nuts.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Yeah, I would love to be able to do an outdoor fitting, similar to the one that's done for Taylormade here: https://reynoldskingdomofgolf.com/but it's really difficult to find a place that does that.

Well.... you asked. :D

For me, it is a matter of disposable income.... none of it is disposable! I have lost an entire income that I was used to getting for 27 years. I now owe alimony for the next 6 years..... a good size chunk of my already sparse pay check. I lost half of my 401k and I'm now being taxed as a single man. My only allowance for spending money is playing golf.... and that is at a public course that is fairly cheap to play.

Monthly bills and trying to stay ahead of the wolf don't allow for "frivolous" expenditures like being fit for golf clubs. Not only that, I can't be gone for a day or so just to travel any distance that would be necessary to get fit. Nor can I buy new clubs from the fitter. So........... not everyone is in a situation to be able to "get fit" even if it is for their own good. ;)

It has nothing to do with the "fitter" being the bad guy.

i did an indoor fitting at GolfTec after a batch of lessons and it has worked great for me. i got fit outdoors at a demo day with a Cobra fitter  without a launch monitor and guess what, it's worked out awesome as well. It is more than worth it to get fit to make sure your clubs are ideal to you and you can play your best golf and in my opinion ( i am a high capper so i am by no means an expert) it'd be best to get fit after some lessons as your swing is likely to change with instruction. 

I'm fortunate in that i live near a GolfTec, iFit and several other fitting locations, as well as having one of the biggest golf centers in California 20 miles down the road. As for you guys in remote locations ( or at least remote from a good fitter) , and/or young families, I have 3 kids ages 5 and under, and being gone for a whole extra day on the weekends after my wife's had them all week is usually not possible, so i understand the predicament. 

I've never swung one of their clubs but RedBird is a fitter/club maker in Seattle that uses biometric data and golf info for a fitting. 

https://www.jeffmont.com/golf-club-fitting.html

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

You know what's more expensive than getting fit and then buying a custom set of irons?  Switching irons every 2 or 3 years.

The "i don't have a swing consistent enough for a fitting to work" is actually the entire point of being fitted.  A true fitting will let you hit a variety of combinations in order to minimize your inconsistencies.

Give someone enough swings and they can hit a perfect shot with just about any club - it's about finding the club that gives you the best grouping/most consistency.

I'm sorry, but I am not driving 6+ hours to get fit for clubs I can only use 5 months out of the year. Yes, I will be getting fit for my next set if I am in a location that I can play year round.

- Alan

Get out man. Get out. Life's too short for 5 months of golf a year.  ;)

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I just realized that I never really answered the question. 

While many don't do it for the extra cost or availability, I think most people don't get fit because of ego, the same reason they play the wrong set of tees. They feel they are big, strong and/or/(were) athletic and can get away with it, or just want to have the best looking/coolest/most expensive/rare set of clubs. 

As jlukes stated, it's a helluva lot more expensive to change clubs every few years, or even go through 2-3 of a wood/wedge/hybrid to find the right one. 

I read about someone's fitting that they just couldn't get the right consistent  flight on their 3 wood, so after watching a few more balls, the fitter swapped the shaft for the 5 or 7 wood length, and BAM, perfect flight. The fitting will cost you, but not as much as multiple rounds of sub-par ( still don't understand that adjective, under par is actually awesome) golf and a new club you play before you switch to something else. 

Is there an underlying negative feeling towards being fit by a manufacturer's tech, vs. getting fit by a professional fitter? I've told this story a few times on the boards, but I honestly believe that it could help people so here I am being a parrot again.

I went to a demo day at a range on 6/10. All the big names were there: Callaway, TM, Ping, Cobra, Titleist. Two weeks prior, I went to a TM demo at the same range, but this was a bigger thing where all of the reps were in attendance. I left the TM demo the other week pretty satisfied, but I wanted to try the new Epic (I am lucky enough to have friends that can get me discounts on TM and Callaway) to see which one I liked more.

The process was similar to TM with one huge difference, the Callaway guys had a Trackman. They started me out with my current driver to get a base. My spin was way too high (mostly because this was an off the rack driver I bought back in '06, in R-flex because I had no idea what my swing speed was) and they immediately told me to put it back in the bag. I think I was in the 4.4k range for spin, and it had some decent side spin on it as well.

Over the next hour they had me take my time and focus on putting a good swing, using the same effort each time, while they tried different shafts, and adjusted the weight. We finally found the best shaft combo and weight position in the Epic. My numbers were solid in the low 2k's, and I was hitting a baby cut ~3 yards at most. The best part was that I could SEE the ball going down the range. An actual ball, going out and landing on real grass, no simulators. I work in IT, so I trust technology, but there's no better peace of mind than the actual range IMO.

With that said, would my experience have been any different at a certified professional fitter, putting me in shafts that are way more than I want to spend? I hit a green yesterday from 320 out for the first time ever, and only missed 1 fairway on the front 9, and didn't have to pay a single dollar for my fitting. I implore everyone, please see if there's a demo day at a course near you and check it out. Maybe I got lucky with the Trackman? I didn't notice if any of the other reps had one, but if they do have them when you go, get on it!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Everyone has their own cross to bare I suppose. I like being fit for irons and it's worked out well for me. I have plenty of time etc to get it done whenever I need to. My fitter is 4.5 hours away so I usually weave in a trip to Austin when I go see him. My fitter is old school but does use a LM. I'd guess the majority of his career was spent without any electronics. But he was a nationally recognised fitter before the age of LM usage and still is to this day.

Most guys I play with have OTR clubs. I know this because they tell me so. They'll go a local retail shop and swing a few times on their LM sales tool and hit the door with their new driver or irons. They get a "retail fitting". I suppose that's better than nothing. But not by much IMO. And besides, the retail shop doesn't build anything.The specs are sent to the mfg. who then slaps them together and ships them back in a box. You don't know what you're getting and most guys don't check. I have just recently seen 3 guys buy the new Epic and I'm seeing and hearing mixed results. Maybe they'll get it dialed in eventually. That's entirely possible. I did it with my driver. Personally I'd never buy an iron set without a proper fitting. Sure, if I didn't I could still play a decent game but I like taking every advantage I can to give myself the best chances of hitting good shots in as tight a pattern as I'm capable of doing. I feel like I at least have the best tool in my hands at this time for my game.

I don't care if anyone gets fit for their equipment or not. To each his own. I'm going to keep doing what I like to do and have a good time doing it.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Call me a cynic but every fitters sell clubs. So they have a agenda and that's to make money. Some have certain stock they need to move & stuff along those lines

Edit to add:

Those around here use nets & machines. And I haven't seen any of them read, not even close to one & another.. so which do you believe.

Call me a cynic but every fitters sell clubs. So they have a agenda and that's to make money. Some have certain stock they need to move & stuff along those lines

Edit to add:

Those around here use nets & machines. And I haven't seen any of them read, not even close to one & another.. so which do you believe.

This is why I like range fittings more than hitting into a net and a projection. It's hard to argue against the result when your result is the ball flying passed the 250y marker at the range  :wub:

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

No excuse for not being fit. Especially when fitters usually waive their charge or discount it if you buy through them.

That said... I'm going to say "retail price" keeps people from getting fit. Guessing most golfers buy from eBay or internet looking for the best deal.

The average person does not see results for the money and time spent for a fitting.

Thats just the way they see it and thats the way it works for them when they play.

Zero return.

Years in the desert and all the demo days all over lead to most walking away with a '2 up'.

This was the norm for some reason.... but to be sure people would get there, get the ball up in the air and moving, and walk away with the latest and greatest 2 up set many times. And those getting serious would mention such a thing with their old set, hit the new standard set they were looking at, and put the new set in the bag never be fitted again. Fitting has come a long way but its still not the nirvana for most that it can be claimed to be. It is a tech sellers best friend now and the guy that can put you on the tee and dial you in after all the new indoor 'math' is done is the fiiter I know. Mine will give you 2-3 different irons or woods and say bring them back in week and let me know. Helluvaguy.

I agree. Getting fit is crucial. BUT cost is not something to scoff at.

$800 - driver

$700 - woods

$200 - /iron & wedges

It is a huge investment. I have kept the same wedges for 5 years just because of this.

I have wondered though, if there are fitters here...

I have done the mizuno type fitting for giggles. Any thoughts on that process (mizuno shaft optimizer) vs a "pro" fitting with shaft frequency etc.

:callaway-small:  Epic Flash SZ 9o w/ Ventus 6X

:callaway-small:  Rogue 4wd w/ ATMOS Red 7X

:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 20o w/ ATMOS Blue 7S tipped 1"

:mizuno-small:  JPX 900 Tour 4i - PW (standard lofts) Rifle

:titelist-small:  SM6 51o, 59o, SM7 55o   

:titelist-small:  2019 ProV1x

:tp-mills-1: Custom Ming

Is there an underlying negative feeling towards being fit by a manufacturer's tech, vs. getting fit by a professional fitter? I've told this story a few times on the boards, but I honestly believe that it could help people so here I am being a parrot again.

I went to a demo day at a range on 6/10. All the big names were there: Callaway, TM, Ping, Cobra, Titleist. Two weeks prior, I went to a TM demo at the same range, but this was a bigger thing where all of the reps were in attendance. I left the TM demo the other week pretty satisfied, but I wanted to try the new Epic (I am lucky enough to have friends that can get me discounts on TM and Callaway) to see which one I liked more.

The process was similar to TM with one huge difference, the Callaway guys had a Trackman. They started me out with my current driver to get a base. My spin was way too high (mostly because this was an off the rack driver I bought back in '06, in R-flex because I had no idea what my swing speed was) and they immediately told me to put it back in the bag. I think I was in the 4.4k range for spin, and it had some decent side spin on it as well.

Over the next hour they had me take my time and focus on putting a good swing, using the same effort each time, while they tried different shafts, and adjusted the weight. We finally found the best shaft combo and weight position in the Epic. My numbers were solid in the low 2k's, and I was hitting a baby cut ~3 yards at most. The best part was that I could SEE the ball going down the range. An actual ball, going out and landing on real grass, no simulators. I work in IT, so I trust technology, but there's no better peace of mind than the actual range IMO.

With that said, would my experience have been any different at a certified professional fitter, putting me in shafts that are way more than I want to spend? I hit a green yesterday from 320 out for the first time ever, and only missed 1 fairway on the front 9, and didn't have to pay a single dollar for my fitting. I implore everyone, please see if there's a demo day at a course near you and check it out. Maybe I got lucky with the Trackman? I didn't notice if any of the other reps had one, but if they do have them when you go, get on it!

I'd love to see something like that here. We do have demo days at some of the courses in this area but we never get all the big companies in at once. The one time I bought a driver at a Taylormade demo day, the rep just eyed my ball flight and tried to fit me based on that and I ended up with an R15 that I was never comfortable with. I need to find one with a trackman.

$800 - driver

$700 - woods

$200 - /iron & wedges

It is a huge investment. I have kept the same wedges for 5 years just because of this.

I have done the mizuno type fitting for giggles. Any thoughts on that process (mizuno shaft optimizer) vs a "pro" fitting with shaft frequency etc.

Those prices are crazy for the fittings. Are you talking about the fitting cost or the cost of the equipment after the fitting? That would make more sense if they fitted you into exotic shafts. All the fitting places I've seen anywhere near me, within a 6 hour drive, charge $150 at the most for a driver fitting but I imagine they'll charge plenty for the equipment you get fitted for.

No excuse for not being fit. Especially when fitters usually waive their charge or discount it if you buy through them.

That said... I'm going to say "retail price" keeps people from getting fit. Guessing most golfers buy from eBay or internet looking for the best deal.

In my case, this simply isn't true.

$800 - driver

$700 - woods

$200 - /iron & wedges

Holy crap those are some ridiculous prices! I would hope the driver or wood fitting includes whatever driver/shaft combo you want. Those are PXG prices.

Funny that the driver would be that much considering it's one of the clubs you should use the least.

First off... I agree that the cost can be prohibitive.... that said, here's my experience.

I'd been buying sets of irons every couple years.  My most recent purchase was a set of Callaway Apex irons.  I'd been to a couple "demo days" and I was always standard....whatever that means.  I'm 5'10", right handed, about 180 pounds... probably right in the sweet spot for OTR stuff... average height, weight, arm length, etc.

I was doing OKAY with my sets but I figured that if I wanted to take that next step I needed to get fit....also so that I would stop selling my current set/buying a different set each year...

Here's how my 'cost' broke down:

Last winter I sold my Callaways on Ebay for 425.  I bought them from callawaypreowned for 450.  

I bought an iron/hybrid fitting for 100

I described my game to the fitter, told him I was interested in trying the single length irons and he fit me into a set of Wishon Sterlings + a Titleist hybrid.

I paid $915 for the hybrid and 5-PW

So... 

915 (irons/hybrid) + 100 (fitting) = 1015 - 425 (sold irons) = 590 for set of irons fitted to me.

Fortunately I had a couple of other golf things I sold & had made some $$ from DFS during football season so out-of-pocket it ended up being around 125 bucks for a new set of irons fit for me.

The one thing that seems to be overlooked is that I had the option to buy individual irons.

So, I could have bought the 5/7/9 and cut my price down... then, when I had additional funds, come back for the 6/8/P... or whatever combo I wanted.

It was very pleasing to know that I had that option; the gaps between my irons are only around 10 yards so could easily choke down on a 5 to get a 6i distance... or whatever.

Now that I've done it and played with my irons the jury is still out.  I can't say for sure that it was worth it until the end of the season.... time will tell.

One last thing - If I wasn't "average" size/weight/etc.... if I was like 6'5" or 5"4" or something like that I would definitely get fit... I just don't see how guys like that can play OTR clubs.

Good luck all... now, let's debate on whether it is more cost-effective to pay for lessons or a fitting.  HAHAHA    :lol: 

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

Until I started to travel with work a few years ago, living in rural Louisiana, I never had access to a fitter that had all of the heads and shafts. It wasn't until after a trip I won to Callaway in California did I ever find that place that I hit out of a bay on to a range, and they had every component, plus the technology, to give me my first fitting. My fitting at Miles of Golf back in my hometown in Michigan pretty much showed me that everything Callaway gave me was off. The technology was the difference...

I had gone to demo days and gone through their "fittings", but as I read in an article by a Mizuno tech rep recently, they don't usually have stuff at demo days for folks that are tall like me, have large hands, and swing the driver at a good pace.

The Callaway "fitting" experience taught me that not ALL "fittings" are the same, or even accurate.

Anyway, I was just never near a place that really had all of the bells and whistles to do what I call a REAL fitting.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Until I started to travel with work a few years ago, living in rural Louisiana, I never had access to a fitter that had all of the heads and shafts. It wasn't until after a trip I won to Callaway in California did I ever find that place that I hit out of a bay on to a range, and they had every component, plus the technology, to give me my first fitting. My fitting at Miles of Golf back in my hometown in Michigan pretty much showed me that everything Callaway gave me was off. The technology was the difference...

I had gone to demo days and gone through their "fittings", but as I read in an article by a Mizuno tech rep recently, they don't usually have stuff at demo days for folks that are tall like me, have large hands, and swing the driver at a good pace.

The Callaway "fitting" experience taught me that not ALL "fittings" are the same, or even accurate.

Anyway, I was just never near a place that really had all of the bells and whistles to do what I call a REAL fitting.

I'd love to get fit at Miles of Golf! I like that you are hitting out to a range so you can see the actual ball flight. It's about 3 hours from my hometown in Michigan. I wonder if I should schedule a fitting next time we head up that way to visit the family.

Archived