Undershooter

Need golf course suggestions for the Dallas area! Help me out Texas guys

Ok so in a couple of weeks I'll be heading to the Dallas/Fort Worth area for a friend's bachelor party. All of us play golf so I know at least 1 round of golf will be played on the trip.

Also, me and another buddy who are more avid golfers plan on playing 1 other round of golf.

​As far as price, I need two different things. 1 in the sub $120 range and another in the sub $60 range.

I'd love something in good shape. Doesn't have to be crazy hard or easy. Although I'd prefer hard to easy. Just want to play a couple fun, nice golf courses.

Thanks for any help!

Played The Tribute a couple years ago with some MGS'ers - all the holes are modeled after British Open course holes - crapton of fun. There's also a course down the street from The Cowboys course - can't remember the name of it but it was pretty reasonable and a ton of fun. Think they have 27 holes.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Played The Tribute a couple years ago with some MGS'ers - all the holes are modeled after British Open course holes - crapton of fun. There's also a course down the street from The Cowboys course - can't remember the name of it but it was pretty reasonable and a ton of fun. Think they have 27 holes.

​Tribute sounds interesting! I'll look into that one. What was the course in DFW that you were telling me about last year? It may have been private. Honestly can't remember.

Honestly the price shouldn't really matter but I know the casual golf guys aren't gonna want to spend much.

Grapevine is right next to the Cowboys club course, it's nice

• Like 2

Golf club of Dallas is a great one for sub 60, I think it's $45.

Good call! Great looking course for the price!

Grapevine is right next to the Cowboys club course, it's nice

That's the one - couldn't remember the name. Really fun course

• Like 1

​Ok so who's friends with a Colonial member? :P

Nike took us to Shady Oaks - but I don't think they have much pull there anymore

• Like 1

Nike took us to Shady Oaks - but I don't think they have much pull there anymore

Shady Oaks was where I was thinking! Figured it was pricey/private. Thats where we were supposed to have played if "the trip" hadnt fallen through.
  • Like 2

Shady Oaks was where I was thinking! Figured it was pricey/private. Thats where we were supposed to have played if "the trip" hadnt fallen through.

But at least now we know why it fell thru

• Like 2

Texas Star is a good one also. Love The Tribute it's a great course. Theres also a Tour 18 course close by.

• Like 3

I just played Texas Star last week and loved the course! Lots of fun! It was $44 total at 4:15pm. It's in Euless, which is between Dallas and FW. I highly recommend it.

• Like 2

That's one I'm going to try to pull next time I'm that way! A friend of a friend!!!

Let us know how it is if you do!

Thanks for the recommendation btw. I'll check that place out.

• Like 1

Ok so in a couple of weeks I'll be heading to the Dallas/Fort Worth area for a friend's bachelor party. All of us play golf so I know at least 1 round of golf will be played on the trip.

Also, me and another buddy who are more avid golfers plan on playing 1 other round of golf.

​As far as price, I need two different things. 1 in the sub $120 range and another in the sub $60 range.

I'd love something in good shape. Doesn't have to be crazy hard or easy. Although I'd prefer hard to easy. Just want to play a couple fun, nice golf courses.

Thanks for any help!

Close to DFW airport and we played it recently before our April outing at Sugartree. Look into Grapevine muni in Grapevine. You will not be disappointed. It's no goat ranch.

• Like 3

Close to DFW airport and we played it recently before our April outing at Sugartree. Look into Grapevine muni in Grapevine. You will not be disappointed. It's no goat ranch.

@bullldog suggested that on the first page as well and Barbajo agreed with him. If all 3 of you guys like it then I think thats a good enough recommendation for me!

• Like 1