Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Lessons vs No Lessons

BDubya23

would it be to bold to ask for your money back?I often thought about that.Heck, If a mechanic does a bad job they will refund money if not happy at times.How could golf be any different?they are performing a service we pay for.If services aren't met than maybe a form of reimbursing compensation may be needed.Heck, you wouldn't be interested in taking lesson from pro who would stand behind their services.The rest of business world operates this way, why golf teaching is the exception!

Not even close to comparing apples to apples. It depends on you to carry out the instructions.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am a 12is handicap that was a 16 just a month ago. I think lessons are more important than new fitted clubs. If you are really short or tall, or your clubs aren't REALLY bad, then maybe the opposite is true, but in most cases, your game will improve more from a few lessons and some real practice.

I practice or play every day and was really starting to plateau. Generally hitting the ball pretty straight with a slight fade, and occasionally struggling with a slice. Driver was the biggest issue. A few lessons and I generally play that little fade and my real misses are a blocked shot. Everything just more consistent.

Plus, I think it's worth noting that the clubs are fitted to not just your body type, but your swing as well. So if you get clubs fitted, then lessons that change your swing, the clubs likely won't fit perfectly anymore.

Lessons are probably a better use of your time and Money, but if you are going to buy a set, don't get them off the rack.

Sent from my LG-H810 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Mizuno MP59 - KBS Tour -standard length and Lie (flex, length/lie)

Nike Vapor Fly - 8.5* Stiff

Right Handed

Buffalo Grove

15 HCP

Archived