{YOUR INPUT} - PGA Tour Coverage on MGS

GolfSpy_X

I've always been interested in how those suckers get from one tournament to another.  I mean you have to get all those arrangements made like hotel/home accommodations, transportation around the area, do they always eat out or do they cook food at a home they're renting, and how do they get those golf outfits so wrinkle free?  I mean seriously, how in the hell do you travel all over the country and not have a wrinkle in ya pants!  :blink:

What I'd like to hear about is how do they handle all of the non golf stuff and maybe some stories of what happens around there homes for the week.    ;)

Good stuff OG.  I hear some of that from my caddie friends, but yeah hearing about how evertrhing comes together.

Also along those lines, some insight and details from some of the tour stops about all that goes into and behind the scenes of staging a tournament.   I mean from the very beginning of the contract singing to getting the course ready back for members. 

• Like 2

:titelist-small: TSi1 Aldila Ascent 40G shaft

:titelist-small: TSi2 18 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T300 5-P Tensei  R flex shaft 1/4 long 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:ping-small: Tyne 4 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

Maybe on Sundays, Shankster can make omelettes for the leader before the tournament starts and discuss with him his thoughts going into the final round?

Seriously though.....  I like the idea of going inside the tour van, seeing the tweeks they make to players clubs before the tournament etc...

Something behind the scenes we don't get to hear about much would be awesome.

• Like 3

:taylormade-small: SLDR 10.5 Oban HB

:taylormade-small: R11s Rip Phenom

:Hogan: Ft. Worth Black Irons

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54

:cleveland-small: CG10 58

:odyssey-small: Sabertooth

Maybe on Sundays, Shankster can make omelettes for the leader before the tournament starts and discuss with him his thoughts going into the final round?

Seriously though..... I like the idea of going inside the tour van, seeing the tweeks they make to players clubs before the tournament etc...

Something behind the scenes we don't get to hear about much would be awesome.

Now you're talking. Hey Adam Scott how do you like your omelette prepared?

- Alan

• Like 2

Most of the current golf reporting sources concentrate on the name players and the winners each week.   Perhaps, do not concentrate on the tournaments but the players-the up and coming players.   Such would include those up and coming players on the college teams and the Web.com.   They will form the ranks of the name players some day.   For example, at this year's open, while they were mentioned, the amateurs were hardly noticed in any detail.    It would be interesting to watch their progress to make the show.  And when they reach "the show", we can say we knew them when.  

• Like 2

I've always been interested in how those suckers get from one tournament to another. I mean you have to get all those arrangements made like hotel/home accommodations, transportation around the area, do they always eat out or do they cook food at a home they're renting, and how do they get those golf outfits so wrinkle free? I mean seriously, how in the hell do you travel all over the country and not have a wrinkle in ya pants! :blink:

What I'd like to hear about is how do they handle all of the non golf stuff and maybe some stories of what happens around there homes for the week. ;)

I have also wondered about their clothes. Do they rewear stuff or always have something new? Why do my collars and pants pockets have sunscreen stains and theirs never do? These are the important questions.[emoji2]

I like the idea.

Sent from my MotoG3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3

I have also wondered about their clothes. Do they rewear stuff or always have something new? Why do my collars and pants pockets have sunscreen stains and theirs never do? These are the important questions.[emoji2]

I like the idea.

Sent from my MotoG3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

They definitely have staffs to handle those arrangements for them so they can focus on their craft. Those requirements are what make it so tough on up and coming players because they can't afford all of those niceties.

As far as clothes, I bet the sponsor either provides tons of new stock or sees to it that the shirts are cleaned thoroughly. Remember the squared off collars Tiger would wear that were clearly over pressed?

• Like 1

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

They definitely have staffs to handle those arrangements for them so they can focus on their craft. Those requirements are what make it so tough on up and coming players because they can't afford all of those niceties.

As far as clothes, I bet the sponsor either provides tons of new stock or sees to it that the shirts are cleaned thoroughly. Remember the squared off collars Tiger would wear that were clearly over pressed?

Right on.

When the Pros get to a venue I'm sure their agents/sponsors have everything ready for them. Would be into hear the backstory.

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

Except for the majors where some companies debut a new scripting, the players pick and pack their own clothes each week. They may have one or two new pieces waiting for them. But that's generally it.

Only the very top few guys travel with staffs. You'd be surprised Most travel on their own or with a wife and handle their own day to day duties. If they stay in a hotel they'll send stuff out or even iron it themselves.

90% of these guys are just like us and have real lives and travel issues to deal with as well. It's just that their job is our hobby.

• Like 4

Poprocksncoke's Senior Open reminded me. What about covering the tours that don't get the attention? Champs, LPGA, Web.com, Latin, Asian... and the European Tour?

• Like 2

Poprocksncoke's Senior Open reminded me. What about covering the tours that don't get the attention? Champs, LPGA, Web.com, Latin, Asian... and the European Tour?

Great idea!!!

• Like 1

:taylormade-small: SLDR 10.5 Oban HB

:taylormade-small: R11s Rip Phenom

:Hogan: Ft. Worth Black Irons

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54

:cleveland-small: CG10 58

:odyssey-small: Sabertooth

• 5 months later...

So....  What have you decided on the PGS tour coverage?

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

• 11 months later...

It's still Thursday for another hour! Happy Thanksgiving y'all [emoji884][emoji884][emoji884]

While I was doing some sorting on the newly created Tour Talk forum, I stumbled across this thread. While I stuff through the comments here, does anyone have anything else they'd like to add for tour coverage?

• Like 1

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

I have really liked the pros vs Joe's articles and things more along those lines I find really interesting. Whether that be different setups they use for different courses and conditions or why certain clubs have either stayed or been put into the bag. Obviously the free agents would likely be the most interesting, but with a trend seemingly going that way it would be nice to focus in on theirs more then all the TM guys out there.
Plus I'm sure we are all looking to add a club somewhere for that one course we play every 2 years!

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 

I'd like to hear how the pro's be it PGA or LPGA decide which Tour event they're going to play in? Are they given incentives? 

Also how do they make the $$ work competing in these events if they're not in the top 10 or 15. Are they required by sponsors to play certain events? 

• Like 2

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I'd like to hear how the pro's be it PGA or LPGA decide which Tour event they're going to play in? Are they given incentives? 
Also how do they make the $$ work competing in these events if they're not in the top 10 or 15. Are they required by sponsors to play certain events? 

You definitely have a couple of questions that would be interesting to explore.

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

On 12/6/2017 at 11:13 AM, kardboard.kid said:

So....  What have you decided on the PGS tour coverage?

We won't be out there week to week traveling with them, but I have some thoughts and ideas I'm working on beginning in the early part of the year, most likely after PGA Show. 

• Like 1

Since some of us are at these events I wonder if we could get an opportunity to interview them and publish in this forum.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Since some of us are at these events I wonder if we could get an opportunity to interview them and publish in this forum.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy