Testers Wanted! Stix Golf Clubs ×

Why are people stxxid?

Shankster

Seriously, am I missing something?

Why do these jack wagons need to scream crap at these guys right after a shot, or tweak there man nips? I can't stand crap like that. Get excited don't be a dummy!!

I get heckling.. but jeez, this is golf... not a rock concert!

- Alan

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps I'm Stxxid but...

did you intend to post a vid, link, or something?

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Perhaps I'm Stxxid but...

did you intend to post a vid, link, or something?

I think he's referring to everyone that yells "MASHED POTATOES" or "BABA BOOEY" after every shot. Could be wrong, but that's what I took it as.

Driver: Ping G 9.5*

Fairway: TaylorMade AeroBurner

Hybrid: Adams Blue

Irons: TaylorMade Burner 2.0

Wedges: TaylorMade Tour Preferred EF

Putter: Odyssey O-Works #1

Shankster right now:

https://youtu.be/r8gqsN7-g3w

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

https://youtu.be/7C1Pr4AU2wc

I ran into this a few years back.Had a bad epidemic of it at our club.Never caught them

I saw this before I ever started golfing, and I used to think it was hilarious. However, now that I golf, this would make me irate.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

This video also causes people to think golf is a darn joke.And gives many bad ideas

https://youtu.be/6FMyblJkLSM

Nah... that seemed like a great idea to me

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

3 of the holes at my club is "road hole". I don't pay attention. Some people just can't evolve fast enough to catch up with the rest of us. I often take pity rather than mad. Same way I feel about those Neanderthals that blast their music on the roads. Bad genes what are you gonna do.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  I'm loving all these videos! Keep em coming!

Driver:  :ping-small:  G 10.5* W/Tour Stiff 65g Ping Shaft   

Fairway Woods:  :cobra-small:  Cobra F6 13.5*, F6 Baffler 16*  

Irons: Split Set-  :ping-small: i200 3i - 7i ,  :benhogan-small: Ft Worth 15s, 8 (36), 9 (40), PW (44) 

Wedges: :benhogan-small:  TK, 52* & 56*

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin 

Bag:  :ping-small: Hoofer 5way

Balls:  :taylormade-small: TP5/X

These are an embarrassment towards our great game we all love.Not sure how to handle an group like this on the course.Unfortunately it's happening more and more as courses lowering rates to attract more play.Shameful

Keep it in the short stuff

3 of the holes at my club is "road hole". I don't pay attention. Some people just can't evolve fast enough to catch up with the rest of us. I often take pity rather than mad. Same way I feel about those Neanderthals that blast their music on the roads. Bad genes what are you gonna do.

its sickening how

Society is at times.Just sick

Keep it in the short stuff

The only thing Ive found to remedy it is play elsewhere, and let them know when you do before or after the fact and why, and have others who GET IT do the same. Might take some initiative and some driving on your part but 4 let alona a slew of regulars spending the time to enjoy themselves elsewhere is the only thing a course is going to feel or recognize in their pocket. To the point of doing without the trade off of the few bucks they gain from the tards. Ive seen this bring the marshalls out or even on board to try and deal with the riff raff. Because turning them away isnt going to happen but letting them know their ilk isnt welcome can.

Im talking about an exodus from the retards. As in retarded brain capacity the only description for this type that feels golf owes them a bromance too.

Seriously, am I missing something?

Why do these jack wagons need to scream crap at these guys right after a shot, or tweak there man nips? I can't stand crap like that. Get excited don't be a dummy!!

I get heckling.. but jeez, this is golf... not a rock concert!

- Alan

Well this day and age, we have certain players on tour who encourage this. The tour also has no dress code policy (jogging pants, 1980s high top pump style shoes, guys with big beards, etc). Also, the PGA Tour has become so money hungry that they will allow anyone to enter who has clothes on.

The tour used to be so much more classy, but this is another unfortunate side effect of Tiger's power game and popularity from the early 2000s.

Sent from my Sprint LG G5 mobile device

I could be wrong but don't most of the people yelling nonsensical jibberish just want to get on TV? That's their claim to fame when they can show their friends a recorded golf tournament and say "right after Sergio tees off listen for me"

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Well this day and age, we have certain players on tour who encourage this. The tour also has no dress code policy (jogging pants, 1980s high top pump style shoes, guys with big beards, etc). Also, the PGA Tour has become so money hungry that they will allow anyone to enter who has clothes on.

The tour used to be so much more classy, but this is another unfortunate side effect of Tiger's power game and popularity from the early 2000s.

Just cause it's the "norm" and "everyone's doing it" doesn't make it right.

I guess since it is apparently a "dying" sport they need all the money they can get...

- Alan

I could be wrong but don't most of the people yelling nonsensical jibberish just want to get on TV? That's their claim to fame when they can show their friends a recorded golf tournament and say "right after Sergio tees off listen for me"

You hit the nail on the head. I still don't get it. I guess they can't be heard over the engines at a NASCAR race, over the crowd at a football game, over the music at a baseball game... golf is a rather quiet sport, so if you want to be "heard" that's the place to do it i suppose. Just annoying.

- Alan

I agree about everything except the dress code thing. I hate the yelling and the childish crap after a shot.... it's asinine.

I think the dress code should be altered to more casual, if anything. Why should they have to play in 90+ deg. weather with long pants? What is so horrible about looking good and also being comfortable? Why not allow clothing that lets them move more freely? As long as they are dressed appropriately and clean, what's the problem? As far as beards........... I've rocked a full beard (neatly trimmed and groomed) for 30+ years. Why should a professional golfer not be allowed to do the same? How could that possibly be conceived as a blight on the sport/game?.... or the player?

I agree about everything except the dress code thing. I hate the yelling and the childish crap after a shot.... it's asinine.

I think the dress code should be altered to more casual, if anything. Why should they have to play in 90+ deg. weather with long pants? What is so horrible about looking good and also being comfortable? Why not allow clothing that lets them move more freely? As long as they are dressed appropriately and clean, what's the problem? As far as beards........... I've rocked a full beard (neatly trimmed and groomed) for 30+ years. Why should a professional golfer not be allowed to do the same? How could that possibly be conceived as a blight on the sport/game?.... or the player?

Yea I agree 100% on the long pants in hot weather. What's the difference between PGA & LPGA players wearing shorts.  Sure the women have prettier legs however the guys need to stay as cool as possible too.   They probably shouldn't allow cargo shorts on tour however nice looking dress shorts should definitely be put in play. 

As far as those that like to holler mash potatoes and stuff, I think them boys are liquored up.   Probably waaaayyyyyyy  too much stump liquor being consumed.  

As for the beards hell let em be them selves.   I don't think coming out to the first tee looking like ya  been in a mud wrestling contest with a boar hawg would be appropriate however if you're clean and groom all ya body parts so be it. 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Yea I agree 100% on the long pants in hot weather. What's the difference between PGA & LPGA players wearing shorts. Sure the women have prettier legs however the guys need to stay as cool as possible too. They probably shouldn't allow cargo shorts on tour however nice looking dress shorts should definitely be put in play.

As far as those that like to holler mash potatoes and stuff, I think them boys are liquored up. Probably waaaayyyyyyy too much stump liquor being consumed.

As for the beards hell let em be them selves. I don't think coming out to the first tee looking like ya been in a mud wrestling contest with a boar hawg would be appropriate however if you're clean and groom all ya body parts so be it.

What about knickers?

- Alan

Honestly I don't mind the people yelling or having fun. It's a sporting event and they pay good money to enter. Golf needs some fun injected to survive.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

That's fun? Alrighty then.

Fun would be what the European Tour did with the theme music on the first tee. Shot clocks on the course...

Have some sort of skills challenge televised for the dudes that miss the cut, or a "consolation tournament" on a near by Course.

Yelling like a wild man isn't my way of having fun, but to each their own.

- Alan

I like classy, but I also like the loose dress code policy too. Sports are becoming so strict nowadays, not just with dress, but with rules and things of that nature. You have to give the player some sort of leeway show their personality. To me, that makes the game more fun.

Even in the NFL now, players are penalized for dancing/taunting after a touchdown.. excessive celebration, c'mon.

I'm not saying let the players show up in jean shorts and a pink flamingo cutoff, but there has to be some wiggle room to allow for some flair.

Driver: Ping G 9.5*

Fairway: TaylorMade AeroBurner

Hybrid: Adams Blue

Irons: TaylorMade Burner 2.0

Wedges: TaylorMade Tour Preferred EF

Putter: Odyssey O-Works #1

Archived