TESTERS WANTED! ×

Why are people stxxid?

Shankster

They could wear board shorts and flip flops. I'll just mute the tv so I can't hear the hecklers.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Haha. I think you would enjoy watching Spring Break with Rickie, JT, Smylie, and Spieth.

Driver: Ping G 9.5*

Fairway: TaylorMade AeroBurner

Hybrid: Adams Blue

Irons: TaylorMade Burner 2.0

Wedges: TaylorMade Tour Preferred EF

Putter: Odyssey O-Works #1

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about knickers?

- Alan

Yea I thought Payne Stewart rocked them puppies with style!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I like classy, but I also like the loose dress code policy too. Sports are becoming so strict nowadays, not just with dress, but with rules and things of that nature. You have to give the player some sort of leeway show their personality. To me, that makes the game more fun.

Even in the NFL now, players are penalized for dancing/taunting after a touchdown.. excessive celebration, c'mon.

I'm not saying let the players show up in jean shorts and a pink flamingo cutoff, but there has to be some wiggle room to allow for some flair.

The NFL just relaxed that rule for this season. Baseball in all their tradition is embracing wild young players like Bryce Harper. Everyone is getting on board the fun train, golf just needs to go too.

Best golf movie of all time? Happy Gilmore

Everyone's favorite rookie golfer? Beef

As long as they stay away from flamingo outfits, I don't see a problem with injecting fun into the sport and making it more enjoyable for spectators. Overly strict rules are what got golf into trouble in the first place.

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

I consider myself pretty laid back. I dont really care for the mashed potatoes crap but whatever, its just some drunk ahole showing off for his friends.

Its definitely getting out of hand though. I heard some jackass yell something about a player's mom last week. Like really??

Im all for a good "mom joke" but I sure as hell better be friends with the person I tell it to or who tells it to me..

If I were one of the players in that group, I'd have made sure that dumb@ss got tossed.

People just need to ask themselves 1 question before yelling something. "Does this make me an @sshole for yelling this?"

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

I consider myself pretty laid back. I dont really care for the mashed potatoes crap but whatever, its just some drunk ahole showing off for his friends.

Its definitely getting out of hand though. I heard some jackass yell something about a player's mom last week. Like really??

Im all for a good "mom joke" but I sure as hell better be friends with the person I tell it to or who tells it to me..

If I were one of the players in that group, I'd have made sure that dumb@ss got tossed.

People just need to ask themselves 1 question before yelling something. "Does this make me an @sshole for yelling this?"

..... Except when the answer is yes and they don't care

I agree about everything except the dress code thing. I hate the yelling and the childish crap after a shot.... it's asinine.

I think the dress code should be altered to more casual, if anything. Why should they have to play in 90+ deg. weather with long pants? What is so horrible about looking good and also being comfortable? Why not allow clothing that lets them move more freely? As long as they are dressed appropriately and clean, what's the problem? As far as beards........... I've rocked a full beard (neatly trimmed and groomed) for 30+ years. Why should a professional golfer not be allowed to do the same? How could that possibly be conceived as a blight on the sport/game?.... or the player?

Let me rephrase my previous statement about beards. I feel that a beard or goatee or facial hair is fine, but when Mr. Johnson is on TV and representing the sport we all live, I am a bit embarrassed that he thinks a crazy unkempt beard is okay. Sergio has rocked a very clean beard before, even Graham Delaet is okay, but Johnson is unacceptable. I get that "it's cool and he's a great dude" but we have to draw a line. Most playoff hockey beards are better kept then that.

For the attire situation, I feel that shorts are so informal on the men's game. It is acceptable for women to wear shorts, skirts, and skirts which I'm okay with because they used to wear dresses too. But there are plenty off cooling fabrics and dry wicking materials that it isn't "so bad" to wear them versus shorts on a hot day. The amateur game is borderline with shorts because it still takes something away from the tradition of the game. I wear shorts for casual rounds but believe in pants for legit tourneys.

I know lots of you disagree and I'm not trying to stir anything up, and I'm not saying anyone else is wrong if they disagree. I just think we have to agree to disagree because there is no right or wrong, just opinion

Sent from my Sprint LG G5 mobile device

Just heard some jackass yell "eskimo brothers" after Spieth teed off...

There is the exact crap I am talking about. What the hell is that? I know it's been around for ever, Ryder Cups bring out the best...

- Alan

I'm not explaining that one lol. Urban dictionary is your friend there.

(Just in case you were being literal. If not, disregard :D )

It's just out of respect for the game or a public function.I would never wear beach attire to church or a fancy restaurant.Even the biggest goat track golf courses I still dress the part of a golfer.Its not being stuffy.Just what is commonly accepted.I may not ever play like a pro.But I dress like one

I take pride in looking respectable where ever i go.

Keep it in the short stuff

Let me rephrase my previous statement about beards. I feel that a beard or goatee or facial hair is fine, but when Mr. Johnson is on TV and representing the sport we all live, I am a bit embarrassed that he thinks a crazy unkempt beard is okay. Sergio has rocked a very clean beard before, even Graham Delaet is okay, but Johnson is unacceptable. I get that "it's cool and he's a great dude" but we have to draw a line. Most playoff hockey beards are better kept then that.

For the attire situation, I feel that shorts are so informal on the men's game. It is acceptable for women to wear shorts, skirts, and skirts which I'm okay with because they used to wear dresses too. But there are plenty off cooling fabrics and dry wicking materials that it isn't "so bad" to wear them versus shorts on a hot day. The amateur game is borderline with shorts because it still takes something away from the tradition of the game. I wear shorts for casual rounds but believe in pants for legit tourneys.

I know lots of you disagree and I'm not trying to stir anything up, and I'm not saying anyone else is wrong if they disagree. I just think we have to agree to disagree because there is no right or wrong, just opinion

Sent from my Sprint LG G5 mobile device

I think they should be allowed to wear shorts if spectators can. I think it's odd that just because they're playing, they have to be in pants, where the spectators are in shorts and walking the same grass at the club. I can appreciate a sense of traditionalism, but I think there's a beauty in being progressive. If Fowler can go play looking like an orange highlighter I don't see why the guys on tour can't wear a tasteful pair of shorts. The execs at the PGA are always wondering how they can make golf more exciting to get people interested (golf sixes) - maybe all they need to do is relax a little and make it less boring?

I feel bad when I watch the Sony open and guys have to walk in our weather.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

And i run into and been joined up with this mess as well.It can be an ugly sport.One I'm ashamed to be associated with at time(s).How would one handle this?The game is really going down the tubes imho.Courses closing and greens fees dropping to accomodate stupid people

https://youtu.be/auPOM4g2CAI

Keep it in the short stuff

And i run into and been joined up with this mess as well.It can be an ugly sport.One I'm ashamed to be associated with at time(s).How would one handle this?The game is really going down the tubes imho.Courses closing and greens fees dropping to accomodate stupid people

There are jackholes wherever you go. You could be at the grocery store with that same guy - shouldn't be ashamed of shopping for groceries. It's the same on the course. That guy is not a reflection of you, the sport, or anything other than himself, his family, or his company (if he's working).

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Ya I got it. But why?

- Alan

Because dumb@asses

They could wear board shorts and flip flops. I'll just mute the tv so I can't hear the hecklers.

LOL!!! I played a round yesterday in board shorts and flip flops!

Driver:  :ping-small:  G 10.5* W/Tour Stiff 65g Ping Shaft   

Fairway Woods:  :cobra-small:  Cobra F6 13.5*, F6 Baffler 16*  

Irons: Split Set-  :ping-small: i200 3i - 7i ,  :benhogan-small: Ft Worth 15s, 8 (36), 9 (40), PW (44) 

Wedges: :benhogan-small:  TK, 52* & 56*

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin 

Bag:  :ping-small: Hoofer 5way

Balls:  :taylormade-small: TP5/X

Perfect!! Did anyone yell random-izms your way?

- Alan

I wish! I actually played most of the holes barefoot. I've had a blister on my heel that is really bugging me. 

Driver:  :ping-small:  G 10.5* W/Tour Stiff 65g Ping Shaft   

Fairway Woods:  :cobra-small:  Cobra F6 13.5*, F6 Baffler 16*  

Irons: Split Set-  :ping-small: i200 3i - 7i ,  :benhogan-small: Ft Worth 15s, 8 (36), 9 (40), PW (44) 

Wedges: :benhogan-small:  TK, 52* & 56*

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin 

Bag:  :ping-small: Hoofer 5way

Balls:  :taylormade-small: TP5/X

I wish! I actually played most of the holes barefoot. I've had a blister on my heel that is really bugging me.

Blisters are a b***h. I'll make sure to hire someone to come yell at you from the bushes. I know someone at the CG Air STA there in Sacramento....

- Alan

https://youtu.be/auPOM4g2CAI

Greens fees need to drop so people can actually afford to play golf. I usually only play when I can find a decent deal.

Golf should no longer be a rich man's game.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Blisters are a b***h. I'll make sure to hire someone to come yell at you from the bushes. I know someone at the CG Air STA there in Sacramento....

- Alan

Like this?

IMG_4132.JPG

Greens fees need to drop so people can actually afford to play golf. I usually only play when I can find a decent deal.

Golf should no longer be a rich man's game.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

True. But they need to have police if there are dudes like that out there. Price drops will pack courses, which in turn will slow it up.

I agree it shouldn't cost so much to play. But it's a win/lose scenario...

I am lucky the course here is $32 for 18 with a cart or I would be watching from the practice green.

- Alan

Because the one guy that yelled "ONE TIME!!!" right before Tiger sunk it can now tell that story to future generations about how cool he was...

Tour Issue Callaway GBB Epic Sub Zero 9° / Graphite Design P9003 TX  OR  Tour Issue Taylormade M1 430 9.5° / Graphite Design P9003 TX                        

Tour Issue Callaway XHot 3 Deep 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX                    Tour Issue Callaway XHot 3 Deep 13° / Project X T1100 95g 6.5

Tour Issue Titleist 915Hd 17.5° / Graphite Design DI-105 X                                Tour Issue Callaway BB Alpha 815 18° / Graphite Design DI-105 X

Scratch AR-1 v2 3-PW / Tour Issue Dynamic Gold X7                                        Raw Bridgestone J15CB 3-PW / Tour Issue Dynamic Gold X7

Scratch FIT 54°DS and 60°DS / Tour Issue Dynamic Gold X7                            Bettinardi H2 Forged 54° and 60° / Tour Issue Dynamic Gold X7        

Rotating 8802 style putters

• 7 months later...

It seems there are a bunch of guys that are sick of this. I've had to mute the golf channel/pga tour live... all the coverage because some dude wants to brag go his buddies that he yelled “I'm an idiot” as loud as I could right after Bubba tees off. I'm in the same boat as Rory and JT on this. It's dumb and annoying. They need to start kicking people out of events. It's goinf to cost someone a major soon, you watch.

It seems there are a bunch of guys that are sick of this. I've had to mute the golf channel/pga tour live... all the coverage because some dude wants to brag go his buddies that he yelled “I'm an idiot” as loud as I could right after Bubba tees off. I'm in the same boat as Rory and JT on this. It's dumb and annoying. They need to start kicking people out of events. It's goinf to cost someone a major soon, you watch.

Make it a $500.00 fine to yell out crap around the players during their swing. Post a big sign where patrons can easily see when they enter the gates to warn them of this type behavior.  Recruit undercover volunteers to follow and monitor unruly fans and report those who are obnoxious.  Once they're hit with the fine a time or two those boys will think hard about doing it again. 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Make it a $500.00 fine to yell out crap around the players during their swing. Post a big sign where patrons can easily see when they enter the gates to warn them of this type behavior. Recruit undercover volunteers to follow and monitor unruly fans and report those who are obnoxious. Once they're hit with the fine a time or two those boys will think hard about doing it again.

I'm not against that at all. Sounds like a great idea. I've been watching some European events and no one does that crap. Or if they do it isn't televised that I've seen.

As good as it is having holes like 16 at WM. I see why these guys are so angry all the time. Obnoxious “fans” will ruin any sport.

Make it a $500.00 fine to yell out crap around the players during their swing. Post a big sign where patrons can easily see when they enter the gates to warn them of this type behavior.  Recruit undercover volunteers to follow and monitor unruly fans and report those who are obnoxious.  Once they're hit with the fine a time or two those boys will think hard about doing it again. 

Yep! Immediately remove them from the course and detain them at local jail. If they are out of towners, confiscate their driver's license and salp them with the $500.00 fine... license to be given back after the fine is paid. 

Post a warning at the gate, spelling out clearly what will happen if you get out of line. 

I don't understand how these people are golf fans. If they were, they would surely act appropriately and they would damn sure know not to yell sh*t at the players while hitting the ball! 

Every time I hear "in the hole!" after a tee shot on a par 5, I just want to shove my fist down their throat... idiots!

Archived