TESTERS WANTED! ×

Cobra Forged One Length Swing Weight Tolerance

JTexGolfer

I finally got around to checking the swing weights on my Cobra Forged One Length irons. I was actually amazed at how much variance there was through the set since the whole idea is to have "one swing". My clubs were measured by my PGA pro and came out:

5 iron     D1

6 iron     D4

7 iron     D3.5

8 iron     D2.5

9 iron     D3.5

PW        D3.25

GW       D 3.25

Does this seem like a surprising variance given the concept of these irons? Nothing I can't fix with a little lead tape but still I was surprised. The lie angles were all within one degree of each other fyi.

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

How is the feel of them even though the swing weights are varied? Is your gapping consistent? I'd imagine it's gotta be challenging to get everything exact across the board, though that's what these are supposed to do.

I'll be really interested to see the 2nd generation of these and if they offer a single length option with every new release, which seems to annually with most companies. I've read Cobra is selling these at 4x projections, but not sure they could do 5 sets ( GI and more player versions, both single length and traditional sets) each year and maintain sales numbers

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

Feel is ok. Can definitely tell that the swing weights are different. Gapping has been pretty good. I hit the ball VERY high though so that may be why the lower lofted long iron fit me well whereas some I have read had problems at that end of the bag. Might have to do a little loft adjustment on the short irons though once I get them on a Trackman. My gaps seem to really bunch up 8-9-PW. I am replacing the Cobra gap wedge with a normal length wedge. I prefer the standard length in the scoring clubs. I looked at one of the one length wedges but it just didnt feel right.

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

Feel is ok. Can definitely tell that the swing weights are different. Gapping has been pretty good. I hit the ball VERY high though so that may be why the lower lofted long iron fit me well whereas some I have read had problems at that end of the bag. Might have to do a little loft adjustment on the short irons though once I get them on a Trackman. My gaps seem to really bunch up 8-9-PW. I am replacing the Cobra gap wedge with a normal length wedge. I prefer the standard length in the scoring clubs. I looked at one of the one length wedges but it just didnt feel right.

I play all my wedges the same length, but they're still the shortest in my bag. I'm really intrigued by the concept of single length, but also have seen guys mention 3 lengths, 4-6, 7-9, then all wedges so it's not such a drastic change. Maybe check with Cobra to see if they'd make the changes for you, a previous poster contacted Cobra because the lofts and lie were off from his order and they covered shipping and made all the changes. I'd hope they'd be pretty open to adjustments in this first version. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

Even though Cobra markets it as a 7 iron length, it is actually the same length as my old Mizuno MP 60 6 iron at 37.25. Its a good length for me through the PW but after that I like the "regular" wedges I carry.

Cobra specs show all the Forged F7 one length clubs to be D2.5 swing weight. Club heads are different constructions and the lofts are played with to get the one length gapping.

Archived