Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

What made the difference in your score today?

PMookie

Hit my driver pretty well for me. Only missed 2 fairways and those weren't by more than a yard, and my drives were longer than normal. Strange. Not much wind either. I was swinging easy. I have to do that more often. My highlight was on the par 5 #18... my approach was just a little short in the bunker. This was the first bunker shot I have ever hit where the ball came out perfect, hopped twice, and stopped dead 3 feet from the pin. Usually my shots run out a little. I wish I new what I did differently.

Nice job off the tee! Generally speaking, shallower digs in the sand will give you more spin. I'd say there's a good chance that's what you did.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

This was from a few days ago but I got around to my best round ever by 6 shots. Had a 2 over 72 at Chester golf course. I put it down to 3 keys.

1. Driver only came out on 2 holes and 3 wood for any other long hole which kept me in the short grass for 10/13 fairways.

2. I had some great chips/approach with to put me close enough for only 26 Putts. The 7 iron was working wonders around the green.

3. My brother in law was having a great round as well and we have a good friendly rivalry going shot for shot which made it competitive and fun. It also kept my mind off my score for those nerves to build up and avoid that one bad hole.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

This was from a few days ago but I got around to my best round ever by 6 shots. Had a 2 over 72 at Chester golf course. I put it down to 3 keys.

1. Driver only came out on 2 holes and 3 wood for any other long hole which kept me in the short grass for 10/13 fairways.

2. I had some great chips/approach with to put me close enough for only 26 Putts. The 7 iron was working wonders around the green.

3. My brother in law was having a great round as well and we have a good friendly rivalry going shot for shot which made it competitive and fun. It also kept my mind off my score for those nerves to build up and avoid that one bad hole.

Great keys!

Have fun!

Ignore the score!

Play off others playing well.  Sounds a little like McIlroy and Reed Ryder Cup.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

What made the biggest difference for me today was the excessive heat! No sooner had I teed off on the first hole did I swallow an entire bottle of water! I was completely worn out by the fourth hole. Absolutely brutal heat and humidity.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

9 holes after work today. Crushing my driver and putting really well. The reason why my score was garbage? I hit every single wedge thin and over the green. And almost every hole aside from the par 5s I was hitting at most a 52* in. Line drive home runs! Usually my wedge game is pretty solid, not like within 10 feet on every approach, but I'd say an average of 20.

Time to hit the range and work on my wedges I guess

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Shot a 71 today with 4 birdies. The difference was my Driver was high and long. I have a tendency to hit as much as 4 degrees down and I have been working with a higher tee and sweeping the Driver back before I hip turn. I am using the new Titleist 917 Driver 8.5 set to 9.25 with a Hazardus Black shaft.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Hitting all of my shots somewhat on the sweet spot, in the air and generally towards the target. 78 - some real progress with my ball striking. I also had two great up and downs on the front. It's nice to be make making them from hole high rather than 40 yards short of the green.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

... After shooting under par 2 rounds in a row with a 70 and 68 and my swing feeling like silk, I just couldn't find a rhythm yesterday and just felt out if sync the entire round. One of the reasons I love the game is it is just so difficult. On an easily reachable short par 5 I was 69 yds out for my third shot after hitting the driver on the toe and thinning a hybrid. These are the days I really try and grind it out to put up a decent score with not even my B game but my C game as far as my full swing is concerned. I holed out the 3rd shot for an eagle. Although I have eagled many times, I have never carded an eagle form the fairway in 30 years of playing golf and have now done it twice on the same course within two weeks of each other, holing out a 181 yd knockdown into the wind on a par 4. Kinda jump started the rest of my round and although I never did find my tempo I managed to limp in with a 74 thanks to that unlikely eagle and a birdie on the last hole. Ya gotta love this game! 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

Shot 78 on Saturday, but what made the difference today was one of the guys I was playing with, a 4 hcp, played really well, and shot 66. So I wasn't thinking about my game, I shot 41 on the front, but started to just try to not get in the way of Scotty, so I didn't think about anything just hit the ball and get out of the way, shot 37 on the back. It was fun to be part of that group and be part of his awesome round.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Archived