GolfSpy STUDque

What's the best deal you've ever gotten on equipment?

Our Sponsors

1 minute ago, MDGolfHacker said:

My favorite irons of all time...sad to have gotten rid of mine...  Always on the lookout for a good Lefty set of these...

MDGolfHacker

Tried them twice at a golf shop about 3 years apart and both times thought - wow, those are nice, I should get a set. 
I wasn't going to let it go a 3rd time.  🙂 

• Love 1

Posted (edited)

So my first good deal was more of a complete accident. I had bought a Cobra King LTD Black Driver for $75 on OfferUp. It was mint and I thought it was a great deal. Came with a UST Elements Chrome shaft. Well the see through "space port" somehow got jammed and the plastic cracked. I called Cobra, they told me to send it in.. well in return I got an F8+ black! I've since moved the Elements Chrome to my 4 wood and still game the F8+.
0315201214.thumb.jpg.75d6f61b4842de8041f1b1544a61817b.jpg

My second good deal was also an OfferUp find. Wilson Staff FG tour F5 irons 4 - GW. $125. They were absolutely mint! Came with TT DG XP S300 shafts. Some of the best playing clubs I've ever used! Good enough to force the Maltby DBMs out of the bag.. permanently.

0217202203a.jpeg.5274bfe169b73e9e6bd8030357ded208.jpeg

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

Edited by azstu324
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, azstu324 said:

So my first good deal was more of a complete accident. I had bought a Cobra King LTD Black Driver for $75 on OfferUp. It was mint and I thought it was a great deal. Came with a UST Elements Chrome shaft. Well the see through "space port" somehow got jammed and the plastic cracked. I called Cobra, they told me to send it in.. well in return I got an F8+ black! I've since moved the Elements Chrome to my 4 wood and still game the F8+.

My second good deal was also an OfferUp find. Wilson Staff FG tour F5 irons. $125. They were absolutely mint! Came with TT DG XP S300 shafts. Some of the best playing clubs I've ever used! Good enough to force the Maltby DBMs out of the bag.. permanently.

Nice!  I need to check out this OfferUp site...

10 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Nice!  I need to check out this OfferUp site...

It's like a much classier Craigs List.. 😛 Honestly, though, I've bought and sold so much good stuff through OfferUp. Definitely worth a look. I just stick to local dealing but they have it set up where you can ship and receive cross-country. 

• Like 1

Scotty Newport 2 Tei3 for $25 at a charity auction through the company I worked for at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Love 1

A bag full of clubs and balls from Callaway for free.

Purchased? These Srixon irons at cost........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 3

5 hours ago, azstu324 said:

0315201214.thumb.jpg.75d6f61b4842de8041f1b1544a61817b.jpg

My second good deal was also an OfferUp find. Wilson Staff FG tour F5 irons 4 - GW. $125. They were absolutely mint! Came with TT DG XP S300 shafts. Some of the best playing clubs I've ever used! Good enough to force the Maltby DBMs out of the bag.. permanently.

0217202203a.jpeg.5274bfe169b73e9e6bd8030357ded208.jpeg

Dang was just eyeing up Maltby DBM’s. How do the F5’s compare to the DBM’s in terms of feel and forgiveness?

I picked up a Callaway RAZR Fit 3w about 5 years ago with a Tour AD shaft for $10 in the used rack at a small golf store. For me, it is the longest and most consistent wood I have ever hit.

• Love 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/25/2020 at 4:18 PM, Triplebogey said:

Dang was just eyeing up Maltby DBM’s. How do the F5’s compare to the DBM’s in terms of feel and forgiveness?

If you have an itch to try out any of Maltby's clubs, definitely don't sit it out. Maltbys aren't just golf clubs but an experience. It's being part of an exclusive club 😛 That doesn't cost very much money. 

If I could go back and do 1 thing differently with the DBM's, I would probably get some heavier, lower flight shafts. Either TT DG S300's or KBS $ Tapers. I had the Nippon NS pro 950's. 

The differences are subtle with the Tour FG's. Heel to toe profile is just slightly shorter. and they are a tad more forgiving. Feel is very similar with both. Forged soft goodness! I was initially looking at TS-1's and MMB-17's and was very close to pulling the trigger.. and just found the W/S's at the last minute. 

Edited by azstu324
  • Like 1

My buddy just sold me his Callaway Forged RAZR X irons with the Nippon shafts in them for $200, slightly used.  I mean, they look brand new to me, with very little wear and tear.  And when you compare what I paid him for those irons to me spending $150 per iron (6 of them) for my PING G Series irons new from PING, I think you can do the math pretty quickly in your head at what I think of that deal; especially since I hit these Callaway's 10x better than my PINGs.  And man, they just look freaking sweet!

Irons_1.jpg.b05581898fb83703c81b434bcb4144af.jpgIrons_2.jpg.1e9a37e2628b1d16f8c687edbc65299c.jpgIrons_3.jpg.8b9d93b2768bf7750948dd3ee84916cc.jpgIrons_4.jpg.392d15b5cba11eed5c286955e3c94ef5.jpgIrons_5.jpg.bb91f2bf73fd83a8015d32e593e244e3.jpgIrons_6.jpg.60a14876af7ff269f3f29bc55d9cd0f2.jpgIrons_7.jpg.fe49acb0f2bb6fb1d776f7eab04f13d2.jpgIrons_8.jpg.25c659a3433c29fad713b470e0f1ca58.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, azstu324 said:

If you have an itch to try out any of Maltby's clubs, definitely don't sit it out. Maltbys aren't just golf clubs but an experience. It's being part of an exclusive club 😛 That doesn't cost very much money. 

If I could go back and do 1 thing differently with the DBM's, I would probably get some heavier, lower flight shafts. Either TT DG S300's or KBS $ Tapers. I had the Nippon NS pro 950's. 

The differences are subtle with the Tour FG's. Heel to toe profile is just slightly shorter. and they are a tad more forgiving. Feel is very similar with both. Forged soft goodness! I was initially looking at TS-1's and MMB-17's and was very close to pulling the trigger.. and just found the W/S's at the last minute. 

Good to hear. I just received aTS2 set I am itching to try. Think my next build will be the DBM’s. Appreciate your feedback. 

On 6/26/2017 at 7:46 PM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

Aside from tournament prizes, I'm interested to see what gold people have come into through wheeling and dealing or right place right time.

Mine is a modest one. I sold an old driver and 3 wood on eBay and had enough to buy a newer driver, 3 wood, and hybrid without dipping into my pocket. Felt like a superstar when the boxes came rolling in.

Definitely when I bought my first set of good irons. Still playing them 7 years later. Cleveland 588MTs got them for 500 bucks year old and had only been used a handful of rounds practically immaculate for almost half price.

On 6/27/2017 at 7:06 PM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

It's not my story but a friend of mine got a set of Titleist 712s for helping an elderly neighbor lady clean out her garage.

She was finally kicking out her deadbeat son.

Talk about it a deal for a good deed

I got a like new demo set of Cobra F7 irons GW-5 for $150.00 off eBay, it appeared that only a couple of the clubs had ever been hit, and then like an idiot spent $75.00 for a matching 4 iron that I rarely use.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I’ve been on a pretty hot streak lately. Between finding good deal and trade in values plus some creative purchasing, I’ve replaced wedges, irons twice, fairway wood, driver, putter, and bag for around $500 out of pocket.